New 1984 Theroy

Inspired by a thread in post-1900 right now.

Despite themining, what if Eurasia was Nazi Germany instead of the USSR? I know there are problems, but it leads the geographical situation to be more in line. I know this has quite a few holes in it, but for some reason I can't stop thinking about this idea...

Possibke, though one thing has always bithered me about a Nazi victory map. Barbarossa was absically the stupidest idea in the world, so why do most maps show the Germans occuping all of the Eastern Soviet Union? The most likely way to win would be not to invade the SU.

Hmm. The book is set in London, so this might need a successfull unspeakable sea manmal.

No it doesn't.

Meh, Eurasia is meant to be just as unpleasant as Oceania, so it could be either really. I would think it would be the SU, who didn't care who they killed, rather than the Nazis who insisted on killing certain groups or people.

No it doesn't.

Meh, Eurasia is meant to be just as unpleasant as Oceania, so it could be either really. I would think it would be the SU, who didn't care who they killed, rather than the Nazis who insisted on killing certain groups or people.

The main reason I've thought of this is because it would be alot easier to set Eurasia up controling all of Europe as Germany then it would be for the USSR to invade and over run Western Europe then set up Eurasia. Plus most maps show Eurasia not controlling Vladivostok, though these are mainly reader made. I'm thinking from a purely geographic standpoint.

Despite themining, what if Eurasia was Nazi Germany instead of the USSR? I know there are problems, but it leads the geographical situation to be more in line. I know this has quite a few holes in it, but for some reason I can't stop thinking about this idea...

The book was written in 1949, if I recall correctly.

Thande

Donor
Eurasia's ideology is stated to be Neo-Bolshevism, which rather suggests the USSR rather than the Nazis to my mind.

Eurasia's ideology is stated to be Neo-Bolshevism, which rather suggests the USSR rather than the Nazis to my mind.

CommuNazis?

communazi.png

The ideology of Eurasia would be Neo Naziism instead of Neo Bolshevism

Also the old guy crying in the bomb shelter saying "we never should have trusted the buggers" would imply that it was the Soviet Union that Britain/NATO was at war with.

I have doubts Eurasia is even real. Whats to say Oceania isn't just Britain, or even just London and the party is making everything up?

Or like I posited in the map thread, what if England is Oceania, Scotland is "Eurasia," and Ireland is "Eastasia," and the government is just making up all this shit?

Or like I posited in the map thread, what if England is Oceania, Scotland is "Eurasia," and Ireland is "Eastasia," and the government is just making up all this shit?
I think that all of 1984 was a lie by the British Toiiterean State, or what claims to be Oceania.

Yes I know the "theming issues" with Eurasia being the Soviets, but that could be a lie as well. As I said, from a purely geograhpic standpoint...

There is an scene where the army parades Eurasian prisoners in a truck before sending them to a camp, if I remember correctly. According to Winston's perspective, the first to get off the truck look Asian, the following progressively less, and the last ones are white. Certainly, I can't think of a Nazi unit looking like that.

There is an scene where the army parades Eurasian prisoners in a truck before sending them to a camp, if I remember correctly. According to Winston's perspective, the first to get off the truck look Asian, the following progressively less, and the last ones are white. Certainly, I can't think of a Nazi unit looking like that.

Those were Eastasians I believe. Though I thought they were all Asian? Either way, there was atleast one instance of a Korean unit fighting for Germany at D-day...

Anywho, I fear I need to break out the bold text because some people seem to be missing the point.

I know that its a 99% chance Eurasia is the USSR. All I'm saying is that there is an odd similarity between Nazi victory maps and the map of 1984.

Susano

Banned
Going by the main characters memory fragments (for what its worth)... it really should be the USSR. "We never should have trusted those bastards!"