Napolyon Bey Bonaparte's Whiff of Grapeshot

Quimporte- Yeah the suprise is the best part. As for the House of Osman, it has been in power continuously since 1299 until the POD. Thats part of what is so hard about making Napolyon a Sultan. There was simply no precedent for anyone but a Osman ruling the Ottoman Empire.

darthfanta- Converting to Islam? Probable. As for marrying into the House of Osman, Its virtually impossible. There had not been a dynastic marriage in the Ottoman Empire for hundreds of years. This developed because the number of people to marry went dry as the Empire expanded, and so it was replaced by the Harem as a means to secure Imperial Succession.

CthulhuFhtagn- No problem.

Kuld von Reyn- Saving Egypt and taking care of the Jannisaries is a MAJOR boost. Although Egypt is still very autonomous, at least it is not independent. Napolyon as a Sultan is very hard to do. He cannot marry into the House of Osman because they hadn't had a dynastic marriage in hundreds of years, and the practice had been replaced by the Harems, and no one who was not a member of the House of Osman has ruled the Ottoman Empire. If theres a way, I might consider it, but for now you will have to wait any see.

EMT- Probaly not, although you never know. The ideas just made me think a second.

Well, I would like indeed to see the exploits of Napoleon in Turkey, but nobody is not going to make considerations over the fate of the French Revolution without him?

Well, I would like indeed to see the exploits of Napoleon in Turkey, but nobody is not going to make considerations over the fate of the French Revolution without him?
A French Revolution without Bonaparte is of course interesting, and I'm sure Velocis has plans for that as well, but when the PoD involves Napoleon ending up somewhere else than France, the focus is generally going to be on that "somewhere else".

One day, I'm sure we'll see a "WI: Napoleon became Emperor of Jan Mayen?" thread. When that day comes, the focus is still probably going to be on that "somewhere else".

What was the original idea of the TL? forgot those stuff about reborn byzatin empire(that is too ridicilous is almost asb and Byzantium is a tired cliche, the empire die for something).

So far keep your original idea and pushed it. what was the plan? make Napolyon Vizier or the rules of egypt? anyway push that.

I want Napoleon as Sultan but maybe he could leave the Osmans as Caliphs? Originally the Sultan was the one ruling and the Caliph the one who was nominally the leader (Seldschuks, Mamelucks etc. controlled the abbasid caliph for example.

LeCHVCK- I am really starting to develop the plan for Napolyons life now, so I think I have my own idea. But, this one still has the same problem as the other people trying to get him to be Sultan, albeit at a somewhat less extent. The Ottoman Empire had been ruled by the House of Osman unbroken since 1299, there is no legitimate way for him to get the throne.

Nivek- Yeah I think my plan through the end of Napolyon's life is getting pretty concrete, although I need to workout some of the details and make sure its plausible.

Kuld von Reyn- Thanks for showing me how to make the thread name a hyperlink! As for the focus, it will be on the Ottoman Empire, at least for now. There will be a piece about the French in the next update, however.

RyuDrago- The focus is definitely on the Ottoman Empire for now, but there will be updates about France. The next update will have a piece on the French Revolution without Napolyon.

darthfanta- Marriage to a women of the House of Osman is one thing. The problem is there is just not a single instance were someone managed to take the throne using a claim like that in the Ottoman Empire. Women have no right the throne, so you can't claim the throne via your wife.

BeardedHoplite- Thanks!

I was just thinking about this, and I realized what a colossal wank this POD could be for a certain country...

I am currently working on the new update. I can't say when it will be done as whenever I do it ends up being wrong, but I would guess sometime tomorrow.

Napolyon might have to settle for holding the reins of a puppet Caliph to legitimize his rule. Whatever arrangement he manages should be interesting indeed. Tinker away! I look forward to seeing what emerges from the workshop.

LeCHVCK- I am really starting to develop the plan for Napolyons life now, so I think I have my own idea. But, this one still has the same problem as the other people trying to get him to be Sultan, albeit at a somewhat less extent. The Ottoman Empire had been ruled by the House of Osman unbroken since 1299, there is no legitimate way for him to get the throne.

Nivek- Yeah I think my plan through the end of Napolyon's life is getting pretty concrete, although I need to workout some of the details and make sure its plausible.

Kuld von Reyn- Thanks for showing me how to make the thread name a hyperlink! As for the focus, it will be on the Ottoman Empire, at least for now. There will be a piece about the French in the next update, however.

RyuDrago- The focus is definitely on the Ottoman Empire for now, but there will be updates about France. The next update will have a piece on the French Revolution without Napolyon.

darthfanta- Marriage to a women of the House of Osman is one thing. The problem is there is just not a single instance were someone managed to take the throne using a claim like that in the Ottoman Empire. Women have no right the throne, so you can't claim the throne via your wife.

BeardedHoplite- Thanks!

I was just thinking about this, and I realized what a colossal wank this POD could be for a certain country...

I am currently working on the new update. I can't say when it will be done as whenever I do it ends up being wrong, but I would guess sometime tomorrow.
I never said he's going to usurp the throne.In all seriousness,an Ottoman Empire without the House of Osmanoglu would be impossible,the prestige of the house simply couldn't be replaced,at least not in such a sort time.The best Nappy can do would be assuming the role of a puppet master(a bit like a Shogun or a Magister Militum if you know what I mean).

Last edited:

Deleted member 14881

Perhaps Napoleon's grandson would become like grand vizier, but not Napoleon he'll be just at best minister of defense. Who will take Napoleon's place in France, BTW?

Perhaps Napoleon's grandson would become like grand vizier, but not Napoleon he'll be just at best minister of defense. Who will take Napoleon's place in France, BTW?
Jeanne Moreau?Davout?Massena?There's a lot of great generals in France during this period,Napoleon was just one of them. Davout might even be better than Napoleon.As for politically,the Royalists would probably take power and the monarchy restored.Chances are that you might see people like Talleyrand becoming Prime Minister.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14881

Lazare Hoche could probably do it and do a Republican version of the Napoleonic wars.

Originally Alexandre Dumas' father was supposed to put down the revolt, but his carriage broke down on the way to Paris.
Meaning the revolt was likely to succeed without Napoleon.It's unlikely Barras could have put down the revolt given the number of royalists.

Instead, I was wondering if a failure or a decline of a revolution will push various French (skilled officers, above all) to emigrate in Egypt under Nappy's wings... A French establishment in Egypt could means a lot of good for the country. For example, just think about the discovery of the Rosetta stone TTL, but instead to go in Europe, it will stay in Alexandria because Nappy said "no" to exportation of Egyptian artifacts... Egypt will likely don't see the dispersal of his patrimony across the world...

Oh and ofc don't forget the reforms, but this is a secondary matter :p

SenatorChickpea- You'll start to see how the French Revolution goes in the next update.

RyuDrago- Heh you read my mind. :eek:

Kuld von Reyn- You probably won't see my grand plan until 4th-5th update or so.

darthfanta- The revolt was VERY large, and with no Napoleon to have the initiative to bring cannons and fire them on the mob, I tend to agree with you.

EVC- I agree with you about the Royalist Revolt being succesful. As for what it does, I can't say its good for the French Revolution. :(

Germaniac- You will see what I do to the French Revolution soon enough.

EMT- I am mentioning French Revolution in this next update.

Quimporte- Yeah. Next update will be here later today. The 4th-5th update should show what my plan is.

Continuing work on update. Thanks for all the responses people. :D