• Soverihn and Krall

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Makemakean and Ares96

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Reagent and Alex Richards

Votes: 29 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ages ago, I was in a free chess tournament during a tri-annual fair and there was a consolation price for the last but six. In the end the last but four got the 50,- DM and I was the last but three. Among forty. With only seven entries here and five sure losers at hand, it's easier to start with the very last and work up the ladder.

Krall

Banned
Ages ago, I was in a free chess tournament during a tri-annual fair and there was a consolation price for the last but six. In the end the last but four got the 50,- DM and I was the last but three. Among forty. With only seven entries here and five sure losers at hand, it's easier to start with the very last and work up the ladder.

So you think we should use the non-winning entries as the basis for Map Duel challenges as a consolation prize? :confused:

Hmm, that should be okay, provided the other team agrees - as the challenge would technically be asymmetrical it might be considered unfair, but if both sides think it's fair then that would work. :)

I think that would work. A DBWI may be a bit on the narrow side on its own.

Hmm, that should be okay, provided the other team agrees - as the challenge would technically be asymmetrical it might be considered unfair, but if both sides think it's fair then that would work. :)

I'm not sure what's asymmetrical about it - each team would have to add one post and one map to their existing timeline, so it would seem that the obligations are the same on both sides. Anyway, Alex has agreed, so in the quite possible event of a tie, we have a plan.

Krall

Banned
I'm not sure what's asymmetrical about it - each team would have to add one post and one map to their existing timeline, so it would seem that the obligations are the same on both sides.

It's technically asymmetrical because the teams are adding to different timelines, and one timeline might be easier to add to than the other. If both sides agree to it though, then there shouldn't be an issue. :)

It's technically asymmetrical because the teams are adding to different timelines, and one timeline might be easier to add to than the other. If both sides agree to it though, then there shouldn't be an issue. :)

Granted, which is why I proposed that there be no restrictions on subject matter other than that the post and map be in the same timeline. It doesn't have to be a "next in sequence" post - it can be a more detailed treatment of something that has already been discussed generally, or even a discussion of another part of the same world. That should mitigate any asymmetry.

Looks like we might actually do this, BTW - 29-all with less than a day on the clock.

Krall

Banned
A tie! Time to make people fight to the death! I mean, make maps. For a Map Duel. Yes. :)

Anyway, with the official voting thread over I've posted two unofficial polls to see which timeline and map people liked the most:

Best Map Poll
Best Timeline Poll