More Map Commissions?

Wow, that's amazing!

Nothing to really contradict here, but I can see what you mean about the areas of Resistance activity, it looks slightly messy. Maybe use little circles with their respective symbols in? A three pointed star for the National Battalions, the double-k for the Kibbo Kift, King Edward the Confessor's cross for the Edenists?

Workin' on it, think it will look pretty good.

So, for details on the inset map: how much territory do the Nazis control on the "other side?" Do they have allies there?

Workin' on it, think it will look pretty good.

So, for details on the inset map: how much territory do the Nazis control on the "other side?" Do they have allies there?

I don't think the Nazis would control vast amounts of territory in Avalon, though they have established fortresses around the gateways they have from here to There. The success they have is mostly that the fairies are unused to actual physical combat, their warfare has long become a thing of metaphor and ritual between the competing courts. And of course, there are collaborators, those outside the Courts who grow tired of their rule and want a chance at tasting power and see the humans as a way to get it. I imagine the relationship between the Nazis and their fairy collaborators is distinctly passive-aggressive, each loathing the other and believing themselves in control.

I don't think the Nazis would control vast amounts of territory in Avalon, though they have established fortresses around the gateways they have from here to There. The success they have is mostly that the fairies are unused to actual physical combat, their warfare has long become a thing of metaphor and ritual between the competing courts. And of course, there are collaborators, those outside the Courts who grow tired of their rule and want a chance at tasting power and see the humans as a way to get it. I imagine the relationship between the Nazis and their fairy collaborators is distinctly passive-aggressive, each loathing the other and believing themselves in control.

Hmm. I think I made a mistake there. Too much controlled territory on the other side, although I suppose it can be explained as being mostly actually controlled by their allies. Anyhoo, here's the New Look with some additional notes: let me know what you think.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/map-thread-xv.407934/page-355#post-14974098

Hmm. I think I made a mistake there. Too much controlled territory on the other side, although I suppose it can be explained as being mostly actually controlled by their allies. Anyhoo, here's the New Look with some additional notes: let me know what you think.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/map-thread-xv.407934/page-355#post-14974098

I like it, I can't think of anything to contradict yet. Are you going to show the Courts spheres of influence in Avalon, or would that be a faff?

What do you mean by faff? And what else might you like to add?

I meant like the situation I described of a distinctly non Westphalian settlement with no firm borders might be difficult to visualise on a map.

I think Britain looks finished.