Massively Multiplayer: Gaming In The New Millennium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer 2011 (Part 13) - Land Of Enchantment
Land Of Enchantment

Land Of Enchantment is a thematic adventure game published by Apple exclusively for the Apple iTwin. Taking place in both 1947 and 2011, the game tells the story of five teenagers who discover a mysterious crashed spaceship in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947 and are immediately granted superpowers, but then are warped to modern day New Mexico in 2011, only to be pursued by government agents and forced to work together to figure out their powers and survive. The game is a sort of combination of Uncharted and Psychonauts, and focuses just as much on exploration and puzzle solving as it does on action and combat. Players can control any of the five protagonists, and have the ability to switch between them at any time (much like how Grand Theft Auto V allows switching between its three protagonists), and each playable character has both a shared set of basic moves (running, jumping, climbing, action, etc.) and their own unique set of powers, each of which are required to progress through the story.

The five protagonists are as follows:

Shaun: The primary protagonist, Shaun is a fairly average teenage boy. He plays baseball and is somewhat popular, and takes on somewhat of a leadership role on the team. Shaun acquires the ability to turn himself invisible, allowing him to sneak around and manipulate objects and people without being seen.
Cliff: A James Dean/rebel type, Cliff is your typical "bad boy", leather jacket and all, though he harbors deep insecurities below his tough exterior. Cliff acquires a sort of empathic ability, able to sense and influence the emotions of others, which brings out his insecurities even more.
Arabeth: Arabeth is a quiet girl raised in a religious household, but longs to be her own woman and escape the life of a homemaker that her parents have planned for her. She has the ability to manipulate time, both to slow it down and speed it up, and is also the one responsible for the group's time travel to 2011.
Jane: Jane is a bit of a rebel herself, but she longs to be one of the popular girls, and even has a crush on Shaun. She's loud and frequently speaks her mind, and her powers involve telepathy/telekinesis, able to speak in people's minds, hear their thoughts, and manipulate objects.
Bill: Bill loves working on cars and fixing them, but his family doesn't have a lot of money and he frequently has to trawl the scrapyard for anything he can find. Bill has electrical manipulation, and can even give inanimate objects a degree of intelligence.

Land Of Enchantment lacks a defined mission structure like most games. Instead, players are intended to explore their surroundings for clues about how best to process (though the more the player explores, the more hints they're given). Players are encouraged to search around and talk to people, both NPCs and their fellow protagonists, for ideas and clues. It's possible for two or more protagonists to give each other suggestions about what to do next, for example, Jane can suggest to Shaun that the two explore a particular building or talk to a particular person, or Arabeth can direct Bill in combat. The friendship and camraderie between the five protagonists is a major part of the game, and even when the characters are literally separated by 64 years, they're almost constantly talking to one another. Combat utilizes both regular attacking and the characters' powers in order to deal damage to enemies or just distract them. There are melee weapons in the game, but no firearms (enemies have them, but none of the protagonists can pick them up in combat). Ranged attacks can be performed by certain characters, for example, Jane can use telepathy to throw something, or Bill can use electricity to shock someone. Other characters can throw certain objects, and there are unique/creative/context sensitive ways to fight as well, but for the most part, combat is to be avoided in favor of escape or simply talking it out. The game uses both traditional and motion controls, with many mini-games designed around the motion controls (but still possible to play traditionally). Land Of Enchantment is designed to seriously push what the iTwin is capable of, and is probably the console's best looking game across its entire lifespan, with great character animation, outstanding background detail, and beautifully rendered cutscenes comparable to some of the stuff available on the Sapphire/Xbox 2. The game features a period-appropriate soundtrack for 1947 scenes and also a modern, contemporary soundtrack for 2011 scenes, with an orchestrated score as well. The game's voice cast consists of mostly unknowns, with none of the five protagonists being voiced by anyone who'd be recognizable for their work IOTL, and only a few career voice actors among the game's supporting cast.

Land Of Enchantment begins with a segment briefly introducing each of the five characters and how they end up near the crash site, with some of them already knowing each other and some (Arabeth, Cliff) meeting the group for the first time. They come across a strange, glowing object, only for each of them to be temporarily blinded by an overwhelming burst of light. They discover they've each been given superpowers, and head back home to try and sleep it off (some of them think it's a dream). The next day, government agents come for all of them, but they use their powers to escape, and eventually reunite back at the crash site, where they're all teleported to 2011 and modern day Roswell. They explore the town briefly, experiencing the modern sights and sounds, but soon, modern government agents pursue them, and they realize they're still notorious, even 64 years later (it's also revealed that at least two of the agents from 1947 managed to find a way to 2011). The next part of the game consists of the group trying to find a way back to 1947, but only Arabeth, Shaun, and Bill make it back, with Cliff and Jane stuck in 2011. After the groups are separated, Jane is still able to keep them in communication across time using a combination of her powers and Arabeth's. Arabeth, Shaun, and Bill head to 1947 Alamogordo, while Cliff and Jane head to Albuquerque, both groups hoping to find some answers. During this part of the game, about halfway through, each character goes through their own individual trial and tribulation: Arabeth reunites with her family and reveals her true dreams to them, making them upset, Shaun tries to deal with his growing feelings for Jane as the two of them talk each other through infiltrating a pair of government buildings, Bill (an African-American) is forced to confront racists and the temptation to use his powers on them, Cliff uses his powers at a hospital to help a young woman dying of cancer (he can't heal her but he can make her feel better with his empathic abilities), and Jane ends up captured, but even though she can't immediately escape, she is able to find out more about what's been happening, especially the two government agents who have traveled from 1947 to 2011. The agents, a Men In Black-esque male/female pair named 01 and 02, have been in negotiations with a group of aliens who have been monitoring Earth from outer space. The events of World War II convinced an alien council (the equivalent of Star Trek's United Federation Of Planets, and somewhat similar to the alien council Klaatu represented in The Day The Earth Stood Still) that humanity is dangerous and needs to be contained. A group of aliens who disagreed with the decision attempted to smuggle tech to Earth that would allow human beings to fight back against the council, but these aliens were caught and captured by government agents. 01 and 02 represent a group of dissenters who helped these rogue aliens escape custody, and thanks to time travel, the dissenting humans and dissenting aliens have been in contact for many years, formulating a plan to help humanity either prove its case that it deserves to be allowed to continue operating as normal, or to help humanity escape via as big an alien ship as can be smuggled away. However, members of the council have already infiltrated humanity, posing as both government agents and as civilians, and are attempting to stop and capture both groups of rebels. Jane manages to escape, and relays this information back to the rest of her group, leading to a series of missions making up the final third of the game. The rogue aliens intended for the superpowered tech to be given to humanity's greatest leaders at the time, which included the leaders of the United States, the United Kingdom, France, China, and Russia. However, this would have involved giving superpowers to Joseph Stalin, which was deemed unacceptable by Agents 01 and 02, who sabotaged the mission so that they themselves (along with three other defectors, Agents 03, 04, and 05) would be granted the superpowers instead. The sabotage was botched, leading to the crashed Roswell craft and the five teenagers getting the superpowers instead. Ultimately, the five Agents decide that they want to use the superpowers to sabotage and destroy the entire alien council at once, and begin killing the alien defectors and the alien saboteurs both. They end up acquiring their own set of superpowers which are designed to directly counter the superpowers held by the teenagers. In a series of epic scenes and boss battles, the Agents initially battle the teenager whom their power is designed to defeat, and they end up defeating them, but the teenagers are able to switch things up and the true boss fights consist of Shaun, Cliff, Arabeth, Jane, and Bill each battling an Agent whose powers they ARE able to defeat. These boss fights are proceeded by emotional revelations for each of the protagonists, designed to give them determination, hope, and anger leading into their fight. Shaun is battling an Agent responsible for killing his father, Cliff is fighting after the cancer patient he helped in the hospital died in his arms, Arabeth is battling an Agent who tried to have her parents brainwash her, Jane is battling an Agent who killed one of her only friends, and Bill is battling an Agent who destroyed his brother's place of business and who nearly killed his brother. The teenagers defeat the Agents, and through their bravery and heroism (each of them having learned something important about themselves, made incredible character growth, and forgave most of the people who tried to harm them in the process) convince the alien council to spare Earth and to pardon the defectors. The game ends with Arabeth showing her friends a beautiful vision of the new 2011 for humanity, a technological paradise in which there's peace on Earth and where humans travel the stars. Arabeth doesn't know if it's a future set in stone, but she and her friends promise to use their gifts to bring humanity as close to that future as they possibly can.

Land Of Enchantment is released in September 2011, as one of the most hyped (if not the most hyped) iTwin exclusives of the year. Reviews are excellent, praising the game's graphics and cinematics, though there are some criticisms of the game's pacing, with a few critics calling it boring and keeping its score down around the low 9s instead of contending with games like Tales Of The Seven Seas: Horizon for the best reviews of the year. Still, the game gets great word of mouth, and initial sales are outstanding, with the game having the third best launch week sales ever for an iTwin exclusive. It doesn't really exceed the hype, but it does very much live up to it, and Apple has another hit IP on their hands.

-

October 5, 2011

The fifth of October, 2011 was a normal, healthy day for Steve Jobs. His cancer still in complete remission, he spent most of the day attending meetings at Apple headquarters. His fitness and vigor had mostly returned, his weight was up from a few years ago, and he had as much energy as ever. At 3 in the afternoon, he felt a sort of out of body feeling, almost as if two ghosts were passing each other in the aether at the exact location of his body, but in a split second, that feeling was gone, and he shrugged it off as the briefest of dizzy spells, before making his way to his next meeting.

This meeting took place in a large conference room, where some of his top developers had been comparing notes and demonstrating tech for a new Apple device, one set for release sometime in the next two years. Everyone in the room turned to greet Jobs as he entered, but he quickly waved at them and told them to keep working.

"Don't stop on my account," said Jobs, before going to meet with one of his tech designers, who was holding a tablet in one hand while speaking into an earpiece. "Talking to the media?"

"No, this is actually Capcom on the phone right now," said the designer. "After this latest demo, we're comparing ideas for that RPG they want to make for us."

"The immersive one?"

"Yeah, Project Immerse."

"Do we have the combat fixed? I know it's got to be kept kind of simple because of the motion controls, but it's also gotta be fun, it can't be like a fucking Elder Scrolls game."

"They want to do something like Devil May Cry, but with two feet kept on the ground."

"I want the player to be able to bend down, pick up the monster, and slam it back down again, or tear it apart."

"That's what I told them, they said it's possible, they just have to work out how it's actually programmed into the game."

Jobs nodded his head and paced the room. The demo units were still in place, and Jobs briefly looked at them, a pair of small boxes, with lenses on the front and then a third, larger box, mounted on a platform behind them. He could see one of his designers standing nearby with another tablet, and on the screen he could see some parameters recorded by the three boxes. He stepped in the center of the boxes and picked up two objects that looked like iTwin controllers, but larger, more curved, and with straps.

"Hey, one of you guys hook me up, I'm gonna play for a bit," said Jobs. Most of the designers in the room turned toward him, and one ran over and hooked up the large box to a power source and a screen. "Thanks."

Jobs immediately found himself in a stony dungeon, as shown on the large flatscreen monitor in front of him. As he moved his legs, his character moved, and as he moved the controllers, his hands moved. One press of a button on the right controller unsheathed a sword, and as a monster approached, Jobs swung to cut it down. He swung again. His sword movements were quite fluid, and it was possible to do a few basic combos without having to exert himself much. He looked satisfied, but he was never satisfied, and after a minute or two of playing, set the controllers back down.

"What's Sonic going to look like on this?" he asked one of his designers.

"We want the player to be able to sort of 'throw' Sonic across the screen, one flick of the wrist sends him flying."

Jobs nodded, and checked some of his designers' notes on the machine's recent performance.

"And games like Land Of Enchantment, how would they function?"

"Here, I'll show you."

Jobs picked up the controllers again, and immediately was transported back into a virtual world, this time into a higher-definition version of Land Of Enchantment, with even more realistic motion controls and a first-person perspective. He was playing as Jane, and was easily able to use his hands to telekinetically throw objects around. However, he still wasn't completely impressed.

"I know, I know," said one of the designers. "Just... give a little eye flick. Look at what you're wanting to pick up, just look at it."

Jobs fixated on a vending machine in the corner of the room.

"Now just move your eyes where you want it to go while holding down the trigger button on either controller."

Jobs held down the trigger and looked at an enemy nearby. The vending machine was flung to the left, taking the enemy out.

"Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow."

Even Steve Jobs was impressed that time. For the briefest of moments, he felt like he actually had superpowers. There were still plenty of technical kinks to work out, but the new technology was working even better than he had expected it to, and it was vastly better than the iTwin's simple motion controls.

"It's good so far," said Jobs, putting the controllers down after a few more minutes of play. He spent a bit more time talking to his developers and designers, then left the room to attend another meeting.

It wasn't the first tech demo he'd been given for the new device, and it definitely wouldn't be the last, but Steve Jobs was more confident than ever as he left the conference room at Apple HQ that day. Whatever Google was cooking up, whatever Nintendo had planned, it was nothing like this.

The Apple Virtua was looking better than ever, and Jobs planned to launch it in less than two years. If it was as fun for everyone else as it was for him, Apple looked poised to win what he hoped would be its second console generation in a row.

And once he'd done that, he could figure out how he was going to accomplish his next goal: putting his rivals out of the video game business once and for all.

"Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow" being Jobs' last words on 5th October 2011 IOTL but being re-purposed on 5th October ITTL to demonstrate how Jobs feels about Alt Apple's new console is chefs kiss.
RySenkari you beautiful bastard.

So, with the name for Apple's next-gen console being revealed, was it them or Sega that suggested it? Sure, Apple has become a developer with innovation in mind, but how it's spelled reminds me of the Virtua Fighter series. So, which one of them suggested that name?

That would be pretty damn impressive on his part, considering Player Two Start's first update was published in 2012.
Maybe he was more powerful than we thought...

jevensobs.png

So, the Wii, by Apple? :p

That ghost-y sensation though, is Steve going to have a stroke?

More like the Kinect in a lot of ways, but better than IOTL.

And as for that sensation, that's a little bit of fantastical license on my part, of Jobs briefly sensing his OTL death at the time that it happened. You know when you just randomly feel... weird for some reason, and then it goes away? Jobs had one of those feelings.

So, with the name for Apple's next-gen console being revealed, was it them or Sega that suggested it? Sure, Apple has become a developer with innovation in mind, but how it's spelled reminds me of the Virtua Fighter series. So, which one of them suggested that name?

Apple came up with that name as a callback to Sega's legacy.

-

I've got some news that might affect my writing schedule these next couple weeks, the air conditioning unit in my house broke down and we're not able to get a new one put in for a couple weeks, so it's been pretty uncomfortable in the house and it affects my writing. Hopefully I can keep up my schedule but there might be random days when it's just too hot and I'm not feeling it (plus, the heat gives my computer problems sometimes). Just a heads up in case I miss a few days here or there.

I've got some news that might affect my writing schedule these next couple weeks, the air conditioning unit in my house broke down and we're not able to get a new one put in for a couple weeks, so it's been pretty uncomfortable in the house and it affects my writing. Hopefully I can keep up my schedule but there might be random days when it's just too hot and I'm not feeling it (plus, the heat gives my computer problems sometimes). Just a heads up in case I miss a few days here or there.
Oof! That's never good. As someone who lives in a place with brutal summers as well, I can sympathize.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor

This is perfectly understandable, and I believe all of us can sympathize with you. I hope it gets fixed soon, not simply because we love your writing but because nobody deserves to be uncomfortable like this in the summer months.

Good luck with getting it fixed, Ry! Don’t stress yourself about it!

Summer 2011 (Part 14) - The Rest Of The Games
(Here are the rest of the notable games from July 2011 to September 2011!)

-

Nintendo Sapphire:

Highway Of Death

Highway Of Death is a futuristic car combat game in which armored vehicles fight one another with tank-like weaponry while attempting to complete supply runs. It combines elements of games like Twisted Metal and Road Rash, with players able to take shortcuts to cut off opposing cars, travel underground to sneak up on them, and even sabotage items and shipments. It's a fairly fun game and it's a minor hit, but not a blockbuster. Still, it proves that car combat is alive and well as a genre, especially on the Sapphire.

Sneak

Sneak is a game in which the object is to steal different artifacts without being caught, this game is sort of like OTL's Sly Cooper and TTL's Klepto, but more simplistic than both, and even features a sort of pseudo-noir art style. The game focuses more on gameplay than it does plot, giving only brief visual snippets of dialogue before each stage to sort of set the scene. Some of the missions can be fairly complex, with dungeons that are almost Zelda-like in their structure, but not in their scale (it rarely takes more than ten minutes to complete a single dungeon), and there are over 500 different artifacts to collect, with about 180 of them mandatory and the rest optional, for side quests and bragging rights. Reviews are quite good, averaging in the high 8s, and the game becomes very popular, with great sales. It helps that it's released as a budget title, retailing for $39.99 at launch, and is also promoted heavily through digital sales. It would form a fandom not unlike that of a major indie game, though it's published by Ubisoft and developed by a decently known studio.

Aeon II: Striking A Balance

The sequel to 2009's hit adventure title Aeon: The Ancient Ring, this new game takes place a few years after the events of the original, and sees Aeon, the heroine who has been serving as a goddess to her people, willingly giving up her powers so that she may visit the neighboring nation of Viviria, the technologically advanced nation that invaded her realm in the first game. Aeon must visit Viviria in order to restore six ancient temples there to prevent a cataclysm that threatens to tear both their nations apart. The gameplay hasn't evolved much from the original, with Aeon still able to use a wide variety of melee attacks and special combo moves, but she now has access to a small portion of her goddess power, which she's able to use in order to execute special energy attacks and activate certain switches. While the gameplay hasn't changed much, the main complaint of the previous game, that it was too short, has been addressed: there are now six dungeons instead of four, and there's now a massive city area to explore, where Aeon can meet people and buy certain items she needs. Zaba, Aeon's older brother and rival, returns in this game as an antagonistic character, though his intentions aren't entirely evil, and Aeon finds herself teaming with him to battle a greater evil at the end of the game: the Grand Darkness, a force summoned forth by a group of scheming criminals in Viviria which eventually overwhelms them. Aeon and Zaba defeat this force, and Zaba leaves to explore the world with a renewed purpose, redeemed by his sister who returns to her realm to resume her service as the goddess. Aeon II receives strong reviews, averaging in the low 8s, though it's somewhat overshadowed by the release of Tales Of The Seven Seas: Horizon around the same time, and its initial sales suffer. It does succeed more later on, but sales don't quite match up to those of the original.

Apple iTwin:

Jocko The Shark 3

The third game in this 3-D platformer/sports mini-game hybrid series, Jocko The Shark 3 sees the titular shark returning once again to save his realm from a group of evil sports playing giants who are somewhat reminiscent of Space Jam's Monstars. The game draws some comparisons to Hoseki, most of them unfavorable: the sports games that were so innovative in the last game are now considered repetitive and dated, and Jocko himself has somewhat worn out his welcome amongst fans. The game is considerably less well received than the last one, both critically and commercially, threatening the series' future on upcoming Apple systems.

Klonoa: The Fated Meeting

The latest game in the Klonoa series and the second of the seventh generation (and the first and only iTwin exclusive in the series), The Fated Meeting is a more subdued experience than Star Worlds, abandoning that game's wide open 3-D platformer format for a more subtle, almost action-RPG/platformer hybrid type of experience with more boss fights and combat and character development and less exploration. Klonoa's fated meeting is with a beautiful cosmic princess made of stardust, who asks Klonoa to help her save her world, the place where stars are born. Klonoa goes on an adventure through space and time alongside this stardust girl, in an adventure that's more melancholy and poignant than any other game in the series. It's definitely a different direction to take Klonoa in, and while a lot of fans don't know what exactly to think, most acknowledge that it's a good game, with reviews hovering around the 8/10 mark and achieving moderate sales success. Klonoa games, while not contractually exclusive to Apple systems, would remain so for the forseeable future, seeing more success on Apple systems than they ever have on Nintendo.

Game Boy Supernova:

Sara, The Sophomore

Sara, The Sophomore is an adventure/visual novel game developed by Naughty Dog exclusively for the Supernova. It features a style of gameplay not all that dissimilar from OTL's Life Is Strange, though with a bit more action akin to an Uncharted game, making it a semi-hybrid of the two styles. Its graphics are similar to that of a motion comic, making it look quite a bit like OTL's Gravity Rush during gameplay scenes (with less graphical detail). Its plot follows two high school girls, Sara Anderson (voiced by Miranda Cosgrove) and Maya Renata (voiced by Allison Scagliotti), as they discover a secret about Maya (she's a descendant of an “ancient alien”-type being and has inherited some of its powers), a secret that causes her to be hunted by an ancient order of killers and also by some of her own classmates, who see her as a freak. As the two discover more and more about Maya's powers (while also optionally befriending others at the school), the player can learn more about the town's past and about Sara's own life as well, and players are encouraged to try everything and go anywhere. The game has a more lighthearted tone than Life Is Strange, and while players do ship Sara and Maya together, the two girls aren't actually a couple, and Sara even has her own male love interest in the game. Sara, The Sophomore is considered one of the last great Supernova titles, an excellent experimental game from Naughty Dog, and at $19.99 MSRP, a great value as well, becoming one of the year's most successful handheld titles.

Alien: Awakened

An FPS/horror title set in the rebooted Alien video game continuity, Alien: Awakened takes place aboard an abandoned space colony, as a group of scientists and soldiers stumble upon a hidden Xenomorph hive and must destroy the colony before it crashes onto a populated world (and also escape with their lives). While fairly typical for an FPS of its time, it's impressive to see such a game on the Supernova, and the graphics and gameplay are at times comparable to the Xbox 2 games. It's a bit short, but quite a fun time, and it even has local and online multiplayer, though the lobby isn't frequently populated. Review scores average in the 8/10 range and the game achieves moderate sales.

Burning Desire

A JRPG with a hero whose sword lights on fire when he gets emotional, the game can somewhat be compared to the Breath Of Fire series in its gameplay and story structure, but also features full voice acting and anime cutscenes as well. The game has a wide range of characters, each with their own unique abilities and personalities, and doesn't dwell too far into cheesecake or silliness or self-parody. This game is chock full of JRPG tropes and anime cliches, but is still one of the more popular niche RPGs on the system.

Guild Of Glories III

Though released just two years after its predecessor, Guild Of Glories III features fully revamped gameplay and story segments, with the player now required to join a certain guild at the start of the game and then allowed to join other guilds later on. This leads to a more defined and straight-forward quest, but also a vastly improved plot as well, and makes room for enhanced, action-RPG style gameplay and presentation improvements also. While not quite as popular as Burning Desire, Guild Of Glories III sees good reviews and makes a healthy profit.

Multiplatform:

Covert Force

An Enix-produced third person shooter set in cyberpunk Japan, this game is a somewhat generic shooter but with slick mechanics and a distinct Japanese flavor. Its protagonist is a futuristic police officer named Otomu, who is assigned to hunt down a serial killer targeting androids. Along the way, he meets a beautiful woman who turns out to be an android herself, and in the course of protecting her, stumbles upon a conspiracy to take over the city's military forces and enact a coup. With a slick HUD full of information, the game gets some comparisons to Techno Angel, even though its protagonist keeps his feet planted firmly on the ground. It also has a noir aesthetic missing from modern day shooters, helping to distinguish it somewhat from other games in its genre. It's released for the Sapphire and the iTwin, and while not a major hit, Covert Force gets a strong critical reception and decent commercial performance, making it a moderate success for Enix.

Hitman

Developed and published by Eidos, which is still kicking despite being a somewhat smaller studio now, Hitman is a reboot of the series that sees Agent 47 taking on a series of straight-forward missions before being caught up in a web of love, intrigue, and conspiracy. The gameplay has been totally revamped to give the player more freedom than ever to execute their targets, and while the gameplay still leans toward stealth, it also allows players to take direct approaches if they're bold and skilled enough. The game presents a kinder, gentler 47, who, while still a stone cold killer, is capable of showing mercy and remorse, especially when he's with his love interest, a kind and beautiful woman named Henna. Surprisingly, despite the game seemingly inferring that Henna will die, she survives the events of the game, though in the end, 47 chooses to leave her to continue his life of killing, because he's learned that if he doesn't do it, someone more ruthless and brutal will inevitably come along. Hitman is hyped a decent amount before its release, and does quite well at launch, despite mostly average reviews that praise the new combat system and open ended gameplay but criticize the somewhat predictable storyline and the game's shooting mechanics. Sales fall off sharply after the first few weeks, but the game does well enough to keep the franchise amongst Eidos' top properties.

Mercenaries: Hunt Them Down

An open sandbox action/shooter game and the latest in a fairly successful series of games, Mercenaries: Hunt Them Down is all about completing missions by any means necessary, and as the subtitle implies, most of those missions involve hunting groups of people down and killing them. The game leans heavily into humor and ridiculousness this time around, with a wide variety of weapons, most of them quite deadly and explosive, and up to four players can play co-op at once, creating for some truly insane scenarios, especially with friendly fire turned on. Designed to be more of a party game than its predecessors, Mercenaries: Hunt Them Down never takes itself too seriously, but despite some fun online videos and decent fan reviews, critical reviews are fairly mediocre, as are the game's sales on the Sapphire and iTwin.

Star Wars: Hyperspace Clash II

Star Wars: Hyperspace Clash II is a space shooter game and the sequel to 2009's Hyperspace Clash, which proved to be a major exclusive hit for the Sapphire. This sequel would see ports to the Xbox 2 and iTwin, and takes place after the events of Return Of The Jedi, as Luke and his Rogue Squadron must now mop up Imperial troops refusing to surrender. Like the previous game, the player can customize their ship, earn medals and new parts, fly alongside several wingmen (including wingmen returning from the previous game like Flagg and Mira), and participate in battles that are both open arena and on rails. There are numerous enhancements to the original's gameplay, including a Luke Skywalker much more skilled in the Force, allowing for some crazy ship maneuvers, and the ability to telepathically converse with wingmen, allowing for amazing midair combination attacks. Overall, not too much has changed, and the overall storyline is a bit shorter than the original game's. The game also works to set up the events of Episode VII (not directly, since the game takes place decades before, but indirectly in some ways). Grand Admiral Thrawn also makes an appearance in the game, but is not directly fought, and is used to tease a sequel in which the player might finally get to take him down. Overall, Hyperspace Clash II gets a strong critical reception and great sales, but isn't quite as big a hit as the original (though it does see a small sales spike during the holidays around the release time of Episode VII).

Prince Of Persia: The Infinite Mirage

The fourth game in Activision's popular action/adventure series chronicles the continued adventures of the legendary Prince of Persia and his beautiful bride Shana, who share equal billing in this game that sees the two of them forced to explore a parallel universe after an illusion overtakes their kingdom. This game features the introduction of Mirage Skills, in which the Prince and Shana can both alter reality to a limited extent, affecting not only the mirages that have been created in their kingdom, but the real world as well. Most of the dungeons in this game are mirage versions of dungeons featured in previous games, making this game both a throwback and a brand new adventure, with the dungeons featuring some familiar rooms but many altered ones as well. The Prince must explore three dungeons on his own, Shana three on her own, and the two will also explore two dungeons together, the fourth and then the final dungeon which sees the mirage world and the real world merged and twisted together. It's definitely the most “trippy” game in the series, and gets a mixed reaction among hardcore fans (some hate it, but others have it as their favorite game in the whole series). Critical reception is mostly positive, but when the game is released in August 2011, sales are disappointing, attributed to both competition and franchise fatigue. The series would be reimagined for a new generation of consoles, but for a while, this would be the last Prince Of Persia game.

Forever And Back

A space shooter/sim game taking some inspiration from Selene, this is one of the year's more disappointing titles, promising to depict a wide open space adventure but featuring repetitive side missions and a way too short main story. It's not nearly as ambitious as it promises, and doesn't allow nearly as much freedom of movement either. Reviews are only slightly above average, and sales are far below expectations.

Mortal Kombat: Accursed

The long awaited Mortal Kombat: Accursed is somewhat analogous to OTL's 2011 Mortal Kombat, but it's somewhat less of a full-scale reboot/reinvention of the series and more of an HD upgrade which incorporates existing storylines and doesn't try very hard to resolve anything. It introduces a wide variety of new characters, both subtle and far out there, and ramps up the brutality to take full advantage of the generation's HD consoles, much like how OTL's Mortal Kombat did. Among the more interesting storylines include a love interest for Sub-Zero in the Japanese ninja woman Kagura, and the introduction of a futuristic civilization which sends armies of monsters and robots to conquer the past, and whose ruler, Lao Shang, is the game's main villain. Though Lao Shang shares part of his name with Shang Tsung, the two aren't related in any way, but Lao Shang is every bit as evil, seeking to enslave entire timelines in order to force their inhabitants into his brutal games (mostly involving mortal combat). Lao Shang brands his champions with a cursed mark, forcing them to do his bidding. Kagura turns out to be one of these champions, leading to tragic results for her in the canon storyline, but also a satisfying ending that sees Sub-Zero kill Lao Shang in a way that's brutal even by Mortal Kombat standards. Of course, Mortal Kombat being what it is, no one is truly ever dead, and Kagura is no exception, as she'll return in a future title, along with pretty much all the new characters in this game. Accursed enjoys a positive critical reception, not quite the reception of OTL's Mortal Kombat, but still quite good, along with excellent sales that make it one of the most successful games of the second half of 2011.

Tony Hawk: Legends Of The Park

Activision's latest Tony Hawk game, Legends In The Park features brand new skaters and mechanics, but also pays tribute to the roots of skateboarding, featuring legendary parks, legendary skaters from the past, and allowing the player to re-enact legendary moments from skateboarding history. The game also takes a more classic approach than recent games, playing much like the original Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, but with all the quality of life improvements of previous games in the series. Avril Lavigne makes her first appearance in a Tony Hawk game since Tony Hawk: Thrillseekers in 2007, and the player can even re-enact her legendary X-Games run from 2000. Overall, Tony Hawk: Legends Of The Park is seen as a bit of a bare bones experience, but one that pays proper tribute to the great skaters of the past, and is the series' best reviewed game in years. While it doesn't achieve the massive sales of previous Tony Hawk games, it would see the best sales of any Tony Hawk game since the Thrillseekers crossover, and Tony Hawk himself considers it his favorite in the franchise.

-

Top Selling New Console Games In North America (in terms of sales over the first four weeks of release):

July 2011:

1. Slaughtered Planet (Nintendo Sapphire)
2. Hitman (Nintendo Sapphire)
3. Velvet Dark HD Trilogy (Nintendo Sapphire)
4. Star Wars: Hyperspace Clash II (Nintendo Sapphire)
5. Hitman (Apple iTwin)

August 2011:

1. Tales Of The Seven Seas: Horizon (Nintendo Sapphire)
2. Madden NFL 12 (Nintendo Sapphire)
3. Sonic Unrelenting (Apple iTwin)
4. Madden NFL 12 (Apple iTwin)
5. Cyberwar Trilogy (Nintendo Sapphire)

September 2011:

1. Land Of Enchantment (Apple iTwin)
2. Mortal Kombat: Accursed (Nintendo Sapphire)
3. Mortal Kombat: Accursed (Apple iTwin)
4. The Lobotomized 2 (Nintendo Sapphire)
5. Blackheart: Bring Down Savage Maestro (Nintendo Sapphire)

Fall 2011 (Part 1) - Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Background:

This game in the series was originally meant to be a Nintendo Supernova game with Ezio discovering the origins of the Assassin Brotherhood. But it was quickly cancelled and switched to the mainline consoles. However, there was something else that needs to be said. You see, Scarlett Johansson's contract was up after Brotherhood was finished. While Danny Wallace, Nolan North and Jessica Alba all renewed their contracts for this game and Assassin's Creed III, it was unknown whether Scarlett Johansson would come back. Happily, she decided that playing Elise was worth it.

The ending, as well as the rest of the series, were rewritten thanks to this move. But I'll get to that in the Plot section. Believe me if she had left fans would have been in an uproar about that. Desilets was still on his creative break. He wanted to come back for this game, but he was talked out of it by the Creative Director for this game, Corey May, saying that they have a good idea where they want to take this one. Also that Assassin's Creed III would be the one that would require Desilets' attention when that one was started.

Cast/Characters:

Roger Craig Smith as Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Cas Anvar as Altair Ibn La-Ahad

Scarlett Johansson as Elise Stillman

Nolan North as Desmond Miles

Lita Tresierra as Rosa

Danny Wallace as Shawn Hastings

Jessica Alba as Anita Crane

Graham Cuthbertson as Clay Kaczmarek aka Subject 16

John de Lancie as William Miles

Eleanor Noble as Maria Thorpe

Michael Benyaer as Darim Ibn La-Ahad

Philip Proctor as Warren Vidic

Peter Renaday as Al-Mualim

Haaz Sleiman as Malik Al-Sayf and Suleiman I

JB Blanc as Tarik Barleti

Steve Blum as Leandros

Yerman Gur as Abbas Sofain

Tony Calabretta as Shahkulu

Tamer Hassan as Sehzade Ahmet

Shawn Baichoo as Selim I and Ducchio

Alex Ivanovici as Piri Reis

Amy Landecker as Laetitia England

Chris Parson as Yusuf Tazim

Anna Tuveri as Sofia Sartor

Tony Robinow as Jupiter

Jennifer Seguin as Animus

Elias Toufexis as Haras

Nadia Verrucci as Dilara

Vlasta Vrana as Manuel Palaiologos

Plot:

After another recap of the previous games, this one narrated by Subject 16, Desmond wakes up on an island. After a bit of exploring, he runs into Subject 16 or, as I'll refer to him from now on, Clay Kaczmarek. Clay says that, after the events of Brotherhood, the others put Desmond back in the Animus so they can separate Desmond, Ezio and Altair. But they're going to need help, since there's only so much they can do on the outside. Desmond has to visit Ezio during the time he and Rosa spent in Istanbul in 1511-12. Meanwhile, Elise, Anita and Shaun watch over Desmond while they travel to Amsterdam to meet Desmond's father William, who talks to them by phone.

The game proper begins by showing the trailer. Instead of just music though, it contains Ezio's narration. Taking the form of a letter to Claudia, says that with their children, Ezio and Rosa are traveling to Masyaf to look for Altair's library. They do this because of a letter written by Ezio's father, Giovanni, in the year before Ezio's birth. When they get there it seems the Templars have got there first and, though they put up a valiant fight, they are captured. As the cutscene ends Ezio and Rosa ask Claudia not to seek revenge should they fall.

Fortunately, they manage to escape. They make their way around the fortress and get weapons, and find their hidden blades. Eventually, they break their way into the lower reaches of the fortress, by knocking over a statue into a weak point of a floor. Killing the guards they encounter they find the door to the library, but find that it needs special keys. A worker there says that he has been there for over a year and has barely made a dent. He says that they found a key under Topkapi Palace in Constantinople and that the captain, Leandros, has a journal that might lead them to the rest.

After following some guards and a cart chase with Leandros, Ezio and Rosa eventually corner him on a rooftop kill him and get Marco Polo's journal. Rosa, in a letter to Claudia, says that they, after picking up the children (whose names are Catarina and Marcello) are going to Constantinople and hoping the local Assassins can help them out. Ezio adds that there are so many things see and do, they hope that they can teach their children about it someday. On the ship going into Constantinople, Rosa runs into an old friend from Venezia, Sofia Sartor. All three also meet a young man named Suleiman. Getting off the boat, Rosa and Sofia saying that they will catch up later, Rosa and Ezio meet Yusuf Tazim, the leader of the local Assassins.

As he takes them on a tour of Galata district, Templars attack. Apparently, the local Templars are a faction loyal to the last Byzantine Emperor, Constantine XI. Yusuf also mentions, and shows, that if you can get the Templars and the Ottomans close enough to see each other they will fight each other. After this, Yusuf takes them to the Galata Den. There he tells the other Assassins about the attack and sends them off. He also tells Ezio and Rosa to get some supplies from a local blacksmith. When they get back, Yusuf shows them the hookblade, a combination hook and hidden blade that can help an Assassin get away, either by sliding down a zipline or tripping up a guard.

After saving several Assassin Dens in the city, and learning about different kinds of bombs, Ezio and Rosa decide to split up: Ezio will deal with the Templars while Rosa searches for the keys. (Essentially it's Assassin's Creed: Syndicate only Ezio is less destructive than Jacob. For the most part). Missions can only be done by one of the two. As for the children, they can often be seen in the background, and in the main hideout, though often they are Sir and Lady Not-Appearing-In-This-Mission. Yusuf suggests meeting Piri Reis, near the Bazaar, who can show her where the Polo's old trading post used to be. Reis shows her and says that her and Ezio are free to test any bombs they want from his shop.

Rosa goes there and finds that Sofia has opened a book shop there. They talk for a little while, and Rosa finds the entrance to where the location where the key is. Rosa tells Sophia that she'll be back soon. After getting the key and a map to where the remaining keys and some rare books are. Sophia says that she can translate the map for Rosa, provided that Rosa give her the books to print and let her (Sophia) meet Rosa's family properly. Rosa agrees.

They do eventually meet during Rosa's search for the Memory Seal Keys. They show Altair at various points in his life (yes a memory within a memory). The first seal shows Altair, Maria and Malik in Masyaf in 1190, warding off an attack by a traitor named Haras. The second shows the three dealing with the aftermath of their part of the story from the first game. This includes Abbas not believing them about Al-Mualim and trying to take control of the Apple of Eden. The third takes place in 1228, when Altair and Maria have come back from trying to deal with the Mongols. Abbas has usurped Malik, imprisoning him, and has executed Altair and Maria's youngest son, Sef.

Malik had escaped and is trying to reason with Abbas when Altair and Maria come. Abbas says that all they have to do is hand over the Apple. Altair tries but then Abbas' right hand tells him that Sef died thinking that Altair ordered his death, leading to Altair trying to use the Apple to make the man kill himself. Maria tries to get him to stop only to get killed herself. Malik and Altair run for it. They meet Darim, Altair's eldest son, in the market of the town. While Malik dies holding Abbas' loyalists, Altair and Darim escape. The fourth key tells how Altair took back the order in 1247, with the help of Assassin's who grew tired of Abbas' rule and a hidden gun of his own.

Ezio, meanwhile, begins tracking the Byzantine Templars. Yusuf says that they are going to make an attempt of the life of Prince Suleiman at a cultural event that night. After beating up some Italian minstrels for disguises (satisfying many a fan who found them annoying in the previous two games), they sneak in, secretly get rid of most of the Templars, with Ezio killing the last one with a lute. And yes, Suleiman is the same kid who came with Ezio and Rosa on their boat near the beginning of the game.

Suleiman says that he is tracking the Templars himself. He can help Ezio and they already have a name: Tarik Barleti, a Janissary captain. As a result of his investigations, Ezio finds out that Tarik has been helping the Templars, led by Manuel Palaiologos, to restore the Byzantine Empire. After discussing it with Rosa and Yusuf, Ezio brings his concerns to Suleiman. Suleiman says that Ezio must kill him. Ezio asks if that's what he wants and Suleiman says that such naked treason against his grandfather deserves death.

Ezio is able to kill Tarik, but in doing so discovers that he was actually working to take the Templars by surprise and ambush them in Cappadocia. Ezio takes this to Suleiman who expresses regret that it had to happen this way. His uncle Ahmet, who was seen previously, comes in and says that the Janissaries suspect him of killing Tarik since they were at odds. Ezio leaves, gets Rosa and tells their children they will be back. Yusuf comes to help them get out, apparently the Janissaries have raised a great chain to prevent them from leaving. Rosa asks Yusuf to look after Sofia and her children for them.

Using a bomb Yusuf gave them, Ezio and Rosa managed to destroy the chain. They then fought their way past the ships using Greek Fire. Then they head for Cappadocia. Once there, they search for Tarik's contact a woman named Dilara. Once they find her, they decide to help her as most of the other members of Tarik's team were discovered and captured. They later find them dead after rescuing Dilara, after she is captured.

After rescuing another member of Tarik's team, and killing Shahkulu, Manuel Palaiologos' right hand enforcer, Ezio and Rosa go to destroy the guns Tarik sent, though Rosa reluctantly goes as she believes there was another way to get to Manuel. Blowing up the gunpowder causes heavy smoke to fill it. They find Manuel quickly and kill him getting the fifth key in the process. It's after this that the real head of the Templars appears on a boat: Prince Ahmet. He laments putting Manuel in charge of the search for the keys, then asks which they will trade them for: their children or Sofia? Rosa goes to attack but he is too far away.

After escaping the city, the fifth memory seal key is seen. It shows Altair in his twilight years in 1257. The Mongols are attacking Masyaf and Altair has to get the Polos (Niccolo and Maffeo) to safety. Which he does. He gives the memory seals to Niccolo Polo to hide in Constantinople and the memory ends. When they get back to Constantinople, Ezio and Rosa find that the Janissaries have put a price on their heads.

Between memory sequences, Desmond, provided you pick up a certain number of collectables, goes back into his memories. During this, a name keeps coming up: Lucy Williams. Desmond says this in the real world somehow (it's not made clear how) and Elise says that Lucy was a woman that was with Desmond shortly before he was picked up by Abstergo. Elise convinces Bill that they have to find her and, if she's willing, train her to be an Assassin as well.

Ezio goes to the Den and Rosa to Sophia's shop. Eventually, they find Yusuf in the back of the Den, dead Templar soldiers around him, a knife in his back with a note attached, the children gone. The Assassin recruits come in and Ezio and Rosa make a speech about avenging Yusuf, while protecting the innocent.

First confronting Ahmet at the Harbor of Theodosius, they demand to know where their children are. Ahmet goes on a rant and says that he will trade the last key for their children's lives. Fortunately, Sofia managed to keep the keys safe in her shop. After Ahmet leaves Suleiman reveals himself and says that he heard everything his uncle said. He asks Ezio and Rosa to spare his uncle if they can, even as he admits that his father wouldn't do the same. After getting the rest of the keys, and burying Yusuf, they meet Ahmet at Galata Tower.

After giving him the keys, Ahmet shows them their children are about to be carted off far away from the tower. Fortunately, Ezio and Rosa both use parachutes to get to them quickly. Getting on the cart, they chase Ahmet through the countryside. During the chase, Ezio gets thrown off and has to use a parachute while attached to the cart with a rope to kill their pursuers. Eventually, Ezio forces Ahmet off his cart and the two fight while falling off a cliff. Ezio pulls a parachute and they land on a cliff.

Soon after Rosa and the children catch up with them. As does the Ottoman Army, led by Selim. Ahmet tries to command the troops in the name of the sultan, only for Selim to reveal that he is the new sultan. Selim proceeds to then throw Ahmet off a cliff. He then turns to Ezio, Rosa and the children and tells them that Suleiman has spoken highly of them and that is the reason he is staying his hand against them. His only condition is that they do not return to Constantinople on pain of death. Rosa manages to stop Ezio from attacking Selim.

Returning to the Animus Island one last time Desmond finds that the Animus is going through its scheduled deletion. Fortunately, Clay sacrifices himself to save Desmond. At Masyaf, Ezio and Rosa decide to retire. They are joined by the children and Sofia, who learns about the Assassins and their Creed. Sofia says that she will stay in Constantinople and join the Order as a scholar. They agree that would be nice. Reaching and opening the door, they find that the library is devoid of books. All they find are empty shelves and Altair's skeleton sitting in the middle of the room with one last key. This key shows that, in 1257, after clearing the fortress of everything, Altair sent Darim to Alexandria to be with his brother's family. After putting the Apple of Eden in a groove, Altair sits down with his last key and dies.

Ezio and Rosa decide to leave this Apple in the library, saying "they have seen enough for one life." Then Ezio begins talking directly to Desmond, not knowing exactly who (or where) he is, but knowing that he is watching. While talking he discards his weapons. He tells Desmond that he realizes that he is a "conduit for a message". He expresses hope that Desmond will be able to find answers to the questions he and Altair had worked so hard to uncover.

Suddenly, Desmond is approached by Jupiter, a member of the First Civilization. He explains that the First Civilization had built numerous vaults to study methods to save the planet from destruction. All of the data collected was transmitted to a central vault, where the data was tested. Only one of the methods were effective, however, and they failed to deploy it in time to stop the solar flare from destroying their civilization. Jupiter shows Desmond the location of the central vault, which from the map is located somewhere in Amsterdam, and tells him that he must save the planet from an impending second solar flare.

Upon hearing Jupiter's words, Desmond awakens from his coma and finds Elise, Shaun, Anita and William standing with him. Desmond states that he knows what they must now do; meanwhile, the central vault activates underground.

DLC:

The Lost Archive: Released February 28, 2012. It follows Clay Kaczmarek's, AKA Subject 16's, life from birth until death. It is here that it is discovered that Elise is in fact an Assassin, pretending to be a Templar, pretending to be an Assassin. It also reveals that Clay was sane enough to tell his family not to worry about him through secret messages Elise managed to get to them. It's short and it's effective.

There are also a few multiplayer packs with extra maps in them. And there's a single player dungeon where you can get Vlad the Impaler's sword.

Multiplayer:

This basically is the same multiplayer as the last game. No real innovation. It's the same modes as the last game: Steal the Artifact (a Capture the Flag mode), Manhunt (two teams of five play against each other with each team spending 10 minutes as either hunted or hunter) and Wanted (kill your assigned target, while avoiding being killed for 10 minutes).

Gameplay:

With the addition of ziplines, and the hookblade to use on them, it is now even easier to run around cities in Assassin's Creed. The addition of bombs was also a good addition with three types of bombs: Lethal, Tactical and Diversion. The Recruit system also gets a boost as now you can put them in charge of the Assassin Dens to permanently end attacks there, which was also something that was added for this game. Only one assassin tomb this time, which you can only get after a fetch quest.

Eagle Vision is now called Eagle Sense and can show things like where someone was or the path guards take around the city. The Desmond segments take the form of first person platforming puzzles. While fun, the development team weren't in a hurry to add them to any sequels any time soon.

Achievements/Trophies:

The Conquerors: Collect all the other trophies -/Platinum

Best Served Cold: Complete DNA Sequence 1 20g/Silver

Istanbul and Constantinople: Complete DNA Sequence 2 20g/Silver

Seal the Deal: Complete DNA Sequence 3 20g/Silver

The Prince: Complete DNA Sequence 4 20g/Silver

The Plot Thickens: Complete DNA Sequence 5 20g/Silver

Successes and Failures: Complete DNA Sequence 6 20g/Silver

Old Boss, New Boss: Complete DNA Sequence 7 20g/Silver

Priorities: Complete DNA Sequence 8 20g/Silver

Revelations: Complete DNA Sequence 9 50g/Gold

The Early Years: Complete Desmond Sequence 1 20g/Bronze

The Reluctant Assassin: Complete Desmond Sequence 2 20g/Bronze

Escape to New York: Complete Desmond Sequence 3 20g/Bronze

The Rotten Apple: Complete Desmond Sequence 4 20g/Bronze

Are You Desmond Miles?: Complete Desmond Sequence 5 20g/Bronze

Fond Memories: Achieve 100% Synchronization in all Sequences 20g/Silver

Holy Wisdom: Complete the Hagia Sofia challenge level 20g/Silver

Capped: Collect all Animus Data Fragments 20g/Bronze

Worth a Thousand Words: Collect all of Ishak Pasha's memoir pages 20g/Bronze

Pyromaniac: Complete all Bomb missions 20g/Bronze

Armchair General: Control all cities (except for Rhodes) the Mediterranean Defense game 20g/Bronze

Iron Curtain: Complete a perfect Den Defense without using the cannon 20g/Bronze

Spider Assassin: Climb Hagia Sofia, from the ground to the pinnacle, in under 25 seconds 20g/Bronze

A Friend Indeed: Complete all Faction Creed Challenges for a single faction 20g/Bronze

Tax Evasion: Get your money back from a Templar tax collector 10g/Bronze

The Mentor: Have seven trainees reach the rank of Master Assassin 20g/Silver

Lightning Strikes: Kill 5 guards in 5 seconds using only your Hidden Blades 20g/Bronze

Overkiller: Assassinate 50 guards with your Hidden Blades 20g/Bronze

Show-Off: Parachute onto a zipline 20g/Bronze

Sage: Collect all available books 20g/Bronze

Fast Fingers: Loot 50 dead guards with thief looting 20g/Bronze

Mosh Pit: Have 10 guards poisoned at the same time 20g/Bronze

Mouse Trap: Kill 5 guards with a scaffold after they have been stunned with caltrops 20g/Bronze

Craft Maniac: Craft 30 bombs 20g/Bronze

My Protégé: Have one trainee reach the rank of Master Assassin 20g/Bronze

Almost Flying: Parachute directly from the top of Galata Tower to the Golden Horn 20g/Bronze

Silent but Deadly: Kill three guards simultaneously with only throwing knives 20g/Bronze

I can see you: Kill 5 guards under the cover of a smoke screen bomb 20g/Bronze

Monster's Dance: Have a guard incapacitate 3 civilians while poisoned 20g/Bronze

Bully: Find and beat up Duccio 20g/Bronze

Multiplayer:

Mastering the Art: Earn the Incognito Bonus 30g/Silver

Tools of the Templar: Purchase you first ABILITY in the Abstergo store 10g/Bronze

Achiever: Complete a challenge 10g/Bronze

True Templar: Reach level 20 20g/Silver

Looking Good: Customize a PERSONA 10g/Bronze

There is no I in Team: Win a session of a team mode 20g/Bronze

Make the Headlines: Obtain 13 different Accolades 30g/Silver

The Way I Like It: Edit your TEMPLAR PROFILE to change your title, emblem and patron 20g/Bronze

Explorer: Finish a session of each game mode 20g/Silver

Tactician: Score at least 2500 points in a session 20g/Silver

Stopped Dead: Obtain three Hidden Gun kills during a session of Steal the Artifact as The Corsair 20g/Bronze

The Vulture: Obtain 5 Ground Finish bonuses in Manhunt during a session as The Brigand 20g/Bronze

Pirate's Bravery: Use the Bodyguard against your pursuer as The Privateer 30g/Silver

The Juggernaut: Perform three kills using the Charge as The Gladiator 20g/Bronze

Carnival: Stay blended for 3 minutes during a Wanted session in Siena 20g/Bronze

Wild Rage: Perform 3 Stuns without dying in Jerusalem 30g/Silver

Restrained Violence: Obtain 5 Kill Assist bonuses during a session of any Team Mode in Dyers 20g/Bronze

Straw Hat: Obtain 2 kills from haystacks during a session in San Donato 30g/Silver

The Spice of Life: Obtain 2 Variety bonuses during a session in Firenze 30g/Bronze

Up and Down: Perform 5 Leaps of Faith during a session of Assassinate in Imperial District 20g/Bronze

DLC: The Lost Archive:

Part of the Creed: Take the introductory Leap of Faith 10g/Bronze

Jump they say: Reach the Animus memo 10g/Bronze

Enter the Animus: Enter the Animus simulation 20g/Bronze

Meet your maker: Finish memory five 10g/Bronze

Find all Pieces: find all decipher fragments 50g/Silver

Save yourself: Land on a block after falling for 25 meters 10g/Bronze

Impress Warren Vidic: Complete the Animus testing sequence without failing 50g/Bronze

Cross Styx without dying: Make it across the River Styx without failing 25g/Bronze

The Loop: Experience the loop 25g/Silver

Breaking the Loop: Break the loop, stop the cycle 50g/Silver

Review:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations was released for the Xbox 2, Apple iTwin and Nintendo Sapphire worldwide on November 15, 2011 with a PC release a few weeks later. By this point, it had become a staple franchise for Ubisoft. Unfortunately, this was the lowest scoring game in the franchise to date with scores in the high 7s and low 8s, with an occasional 9. While fans and critics did like playing as Rosa during certain segments of the story, it was felt that a female protagonist with her own game should have happened.

Rosa would get an adventure of her own, in the form of an animated special called Assassin's Creed: Rosa Prime which showed Rosa's journey from her earliest days in Venice to when she met Ezio in Assassin's Creed II. Ezio and Rosa would also go on an another adventure together in their twilight years called Assassin's Creed: Embers, which starts in 1519 with Leonardo's death, something that couldn't be fit into the games properly, meeting and training a young Chinese Assassin named Zhao Jun with their children and finally their own deaths together sitting on a bench in Florence in 1524. Both would come packaged with Collector's Editions of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Another all around success for Ubisoft was out. Coming up, it's the end of the world as Assassin's Creed decides to Go Dutch in Assassin's Creed III.

-Review of Assassin's Creed: Revelations by R.C. Anderson, Nothing is True: A History of Assassin's Creed on Consoles, Gamesovermatter.com, December 4, 2017.

An update on the air conditioning situation at my house, the repairman isn't due until the 13th. It's still too hot in here to have the laptop on very long, so I'll probably have to abstain from any updates until the 15th at the earliest.

An update on the air conditioning situation at my house, the repairman isn't due until the 13th. It's still too hot in here to have the laptop on very long, so I'll probably have to abstain from any updates until the 15th at the earliest.
Wow....I thought there were laws in most hot states that if there were sustained temps above 80 degrees that they were required to fix your A/C within two days because of the risk of heat stroke.....
Stay cool and hydrated man.......

I feel ya, buddy. I'm in Florida, where decent weather is something only spoken of in myths, stories, and that one day in March where it's unreasonably mild and you start to feel hope that is instantly crushed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.