Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty accurate, as far as what I was thinking when I made it. Authoritarian government that has violently taken over North America. It's dominated by English speakers, so Mexico is still in the process of being digested as you described. Nunavut, Cuba, and Hispaniola are puppets/protectorates though, as opposed to territories.
Surprised, Cuba is 100 times the population of Nunavut...

Rosenheim

Donor
A continuation of my WIP map (first seen: here) for a Bronze-Age Dungeons and Dragons setting, with the map itself based off of old maps of Japan.

rect4147.png

Now all of the islands inhabited by the Urradi clan-groups have been included, as well as the northern part of the island of Kosgar. There are some limited Urradi and mixed Urradi/native settlements at the very far north of the island, but for the most part Kosgar is split between its native "bestial races" (orcs, minotaur, lizardmen, duck people) and the colonizing Aeyulpi.

In many ways, Kosgar is based off of Italy in the the bronze age and classical Greek periods. The interior is largely wilderness and the vast majority of the island is settled by "barbarian" tribes. However, Aeyulpi city states and colonies have been slowly expanding along the coast and marshlands for the last 100 or so years.

Like the Urradi, the Aeyulpi are politically disunified, but this is in large part due to the fierce competition that exists between rival city states in the archipelago. Various pacts and leagues rise and fall with the passing of the tides and city governments run the gambit from monarchies, oligarchies, and limited classical democracies. Citizenship in these cities is granted only to a privileged few and the Aeyulpi are only vaguely unified by their disdain for non-Aeyulpi cultures and civilizations. Each city state fiercely guards its independence and even colonies, who still maintain a close relationship with their founding cities, have full political autonomy.

Having mastered bronze-working and agriculture, the Aeyulpi have a large slave-population - though this is very unlike the chattel slavery most are familiar with. It is possible to earn freedom through either work or military glory, and it is forbidden for their labor to be used within the city themselves outside of warfare, for the construction of public works is the domain of free men. Of the four major human ethnic groups in the setting, the Aeyulpi follow by far the strictest religious structure and listening to the wisdom of seers and their augury is considered vital before making any important decisions.

In recent years drought and outside invasion has seen the collapse of several of the southern city states into disarray and many are fearful of the chaos spreading. Increasingly reliant on mercenary and "barbarian" levies, however, it may not be possible for the quarrelsome Aeyulpi to stem this growing tide.

Last edited:
So I posted a few weeks ago showing the modern day following a somewhat different history of Communism; that map represented the end of the map history, while I've decided to do further maps (though only some will be posted here) for it, with the first finished one being the world in 1975.

The year 1975 was in many ways the peak of the Cold War, with a variety of proxy conflicts going on, nuclear arsenals at their largest and many on both sides privately fearing for the worst.

In Africa the Congolese Civil War has left hundreds of thousands dead, millions homeless and a country that has become very divided; in the North the Soviet-backed Democratic People's Republic of N'zadi holds its ground while the 'legitimate' (American-backed) RoC-L fights to keep what it holds together, in the South Katanga sits nervously and feeling scorned (they were originally backed by Europe and indirectly by America) while in the cneter of the country the 'Autonomous Kasai Region' guards its neutrality (helped by UN backing and the generally acting neutral) and borders, waiting the conflict out.
Meanwhile, to the North the Republic of Equatoria/South Sudan (they use both names interchangeably) is about to gradually break the stalemate that's existed the last two years, though the war will not be officially over until 1992.

In Asia the Republic of Vietnam is in the midst of invading the People's Democratic Republic of Kampuchea after Thailand (and indirectly the Soviets) stopped supporting them due to the regimes bat shittery (though not as bad as Pol Pot, the regime did level Phnom Penh and is forcing the population to build a Grand New City, essentially enslaving a good deal of the population in the effort) and recent claims to a 'Greater Kampuchea'.

In the America's the Dominican People's Republic is not helping things given the current 'People's President' and his boisterous (if ridiculous if people actually thought about it) claims and the Soviets continuing to support him if only to prevent a Counter Revolution.]

APR 1975.png

Last edited:
Thank you! and yes, I made this :) I mostly used MS Paint for the initial basemap, and then GIMP for the finishing touches like the fallout and pirate states. I definitely imagined the world being Mad Max-like, even if a little more grounded in reality.

It's great - if you ever open this sandbox for other folks to play in, please, let me know. There could be some killer stories to tell.

So I posted a few weeks ago showing the modern day following a somewhat different history of Communism; that map represented the end of the map history, while I've decided to do further maps (though only some will be posted here) for it, with the first finished one being the world in 1975.
Could you link to that previous map? Also, wouldn't the UK have England & Wales as being the third portion of the union or have it be Britain? I imagine when I see the contemporary map it will explain a bit on just how things went down. And I see that at this point the Portuguese ditched their rather expensive colony of Guinea. Did you decide not to show the British bases on Cyprus because it might over complicate things to show the Russian and American bases everywhere as well? That in mind, did the Russians give up Port Arthur and the Trans Siberian Railroad in Manchuria to that Red state there, or is it basically the same? And why do the Russians have multiple Mongol-type SSRs? What is the grey line near Beijing for? A new Great Wall? Have the Chinese and Indians gotten over their border disputes, expect for the minor area they do not border at? Any grand story for the fate of Berlin and why Vienna is still international? Does the UN only administer the Spratly Islands and help Kisai or do they have missions in other places as well? What is the situation like in Albania? And, very importantly, why are the Soviets claiming a large area in Antarctica where American explorers seemed to concentrate their efforts in? Not that it is the most valuable place, but it seems off they decide to concentrate on an area claimed by the Chileans and Argentinians, while leaving a nice buffer for the Soviets. And by the looks of it, they even got the British to drop their claim to the Antarctic Peninsula. Interesting with Dutch Guiana. Both in dropping their claims to their neighbors and their still being orange. Did the Dutch not end up with a left-leaning government pushing to give them independence? And how did Sudan get powerful enough to take that coastal land Egypt claimed and de facto owns IOTL? Come to think of it, how did South African manage to get up the mountains to conquer Lesotho? Seems like it would annoy the British and just give themselves a lot of angry Africans. Is Pakistan still united? And what is the story with American Taiwan? And did the Americans get the Japanese to keep the southern Kuriles, while that one small island went to Korea? Is Qatar in the UAE, or did Qatar and/or the UAE just retain separate claims for land the Saudis seized? Certainly would have some effect on regional hegemony. And are my eyes deceiving me or does Jordan have a longer coastline? Hope it doesn't seem like nit picking, it is just the small details that often offer up the best stories.

Last edited:
It's great - if you ever open this sandbox for other folks to play in, please, let me know. There could be some killer stories to tell.

It's definitely open! I like to borrow and adapt ideas from others, so I have no problem at all from people doing the same from me. All my maps are free for anyone to change, expand on, or write about, I just ask for credit given and to get pinged (by quote, like, mention, etc.) so I can see it for myself :)

vH9AO0h.png

European NATO members are ISOTed to a virgin earth. Points:

-The European union lasted about 10 years, it was useful for negotiating the partition of newly empty European land and it provided a forum for the "big four" powers to negotiate the division of the Americas.
-The EU was succeeded by the world council, a UN replacement and the European federation, a German/Polish collaboration with some smaller eastern nations to provide regional stability and prevent conflict over the settlement of the vast new eastern frontier. The European federation also inherited the German claims in the Americas and the new Panama canal. by 2077 they are a superpower but internal political disputes, particularly between Poland and Germany prevent them from wielding the influence that their size would suggest.
-France fell to military rule and is a dictatorship in all but name. Dislikes the British as they feel they were screwed out of the best North American Land. Dislikes the EF as they feel threatened by their power in Europe and in the Americas. Dislikes the Italians because they are allowing the so "free" French Republic to exist inside their South American claim zone. Has big plans for Africa.
-Italy has done rather well, becoming wealthy from Argentine grain and early oil extraction from the Libyan puppet state (before the other powers got their shit together in the Persian gulf) Has been peacefully expanding in South America and has launched an Ambitious project to populate The Ethiopian highlands. North Africa is no longer a priority as the oil is pretty pointless.
-Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria, Greece and Scandinavia are big enough to remain independent of the EF and France and have all launched small scale settlement projects of their own. They are generally irrelevant.
-Turkey is a major power again thanks to high birthrates and Muslim immigration from Europe, is suspicious of the EF due to its rapid expansion into Russia and dislikes the British due to their support of Israel and Dominance of the New Suez canal.
-The UK has evolved from a nation state to a confederation of nations with varying political and social systems, North America is a major economic powerhouse and receives immigration from all over Europe. Canada and the USA both have populations of over two million and political systems similar to their pre-event selves. Political power is slowly moving to New York to reflect the situation on the ground, the UK is repopulating Africa and its former colonies in Oceania, has ambitions to dominate all of south Asia. It is the preeminent world power.

Germany and France Roles Reversed w Annotations.png

Whoop whoop. I finally got around to finishing this scenario and stopped procrastinating.

POD: Charlemagne centralizes his power in the Germany area rather than France to a degree that leads to a tradition of political unity in the former area instead of the latter as it did in OTL.

I'm pretty sure everything you would want to know is on the map or annotations, but feel free to ask any questions you would like. I think I'll continue this scenario, and would love any and all feedback from you guys! :D

Last edited:
European NATO members are ISOTed to a virgin earth.

1. I think colonianisation is progressing a bit to quickly, the average EU birthrate low and trending downwards. While a recouce rich new world and government incentives to have more kids would turn that around I don't think it would happen that fast.
2. Right after saying colonization is going to fast I am going to turn around and say it's going to slow, in Mediterranean North African anyways. It's just too close not to revive more attention.
3. Have we gone back to the moon?
4. Was the French fall to dictatorship a relatively bloodless coup or a civil war?
5. Have there been any big wars since the ISOT?
Nice maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.