Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned the other day about appaling school text book maps, particularly my last term book about Nazi Germany (an example, the German lebensraum was presented in one map as Germany, Austria, Poland, the entireity of Czechslovakia and nothing more).
But today I got a new text book on Fascist Italy. An S.H.P Official Text entitled "FASCIST ITALY" by John Hite and Christopher Hinton. The maps in it are truely something. I mean, I'm looking at one right now of Europe 1937.
1) There is no border between Italy and Yugoslavia.
2) The Hungarian-Romanian border is not OTL. There is some random geometric shape lunging into Romania from Hungary, possibly including Translyvania, but I honestly can't tell.
3) Germany, Poland and the Baltic have OTL borders. And that seems to be the case in all the maps I've seen so far.

WTF??????????:mad::mad::mad:

I've corrected Italy-Yugoslavia and Hungary-Romania myself, in pen. I've not done it exactly, but I've sure as shit done better then the fucking moron who drew the actual maps!!!!!

Could you upload an image?

Ok here's one of them. It should be obvious where I've edited. Some would call it vadalizism, I call it restoration :p
Let me just remind you, this is supposedly the mid-late 30's....

scan0006of.jpg

A few years ago I posted some maps from my high school Western Civ book. I was fortunate enough to swipe one after the year was over so I could burn it. It really deserved it, the maps were that bad.

Ha, that's nothing compared to the Endwar map. It's supposed to be FH, not AH - and yet the map looks like an Axis victory...:confused:
It's Tom Clancy, what are you gonna do?
Though something that always bugged me. Britain and Ireland supposedly entered into a "New Commonwealth". No joke, that's a genuine BNP policy D:

What Poland-Lithuania? :confused:
Lol, it looks like there's no border between them. I thought they joined up again :p

The British (or Irish?) Education System Strikes Again!

It's British, the Irish government sticks to a firm "The British are Wankers" policy with regards to history education, there's no time to learn about Fascism when your getting the name of every town beseiged by Cromwell drilled into your head. A friend of mine has a theory that the history of WW2 is from a pro-Nazi perspective thanks to the Catholic church XD
Fortunately my time on this site has taught me well :)

Ok here's one of them. It should be obvious where I've edited. Some would call it vadalizism, I call it restoration :p

Whatisthisidon'teven...

Good Lord that's bad. And I thought it was a poor showing when one of the history teachers in School used a map of modern Germany for the situation in 1900.

Whatisthisidon'teven...

Good Lord that's bad. And I thought it was a poor showing when one of the history teachers in School used a map of modern Germany for the situation in 1900.

You should see the one 1940. They coloured Kaliningrad to show it was occupied, and then drew a line down the middle of Poland. A completely straight line.

Mine told us that the Nazis occupied Sweden....

Hmmmm... didn't know Carpathian Ruthenia was already part of Russia....
Also, umm modern Polish borders? No wonder the Germans were mad post Versailles...

As for my own ridiculous text book map story. I have a copy of Roderick Phillip's Society, State, and Nation in Twentieth-Century Europe , in which the a 1900 map shows the Franco-German border with Alsace-Lorraine as part of France, the Balkan borders as they would be after the 2nd Balkan War, and Bosnia as an independent country not under Austro-Hungarian hegemony. I pointed this out to my Professor, whose response was, "Oh I'll add those to the list of criticisms I've been compiling for a while now that I intend to send to the author." I was shocked that she was aware of enough other problems with the book to have already started a list, and yet hailed it as the greatest textbook for modern European history (she's been teaching this course using this book for at least 10 years now)...

Also, umm modern Polish borders? No wonder the Germans were mad post Versailles...

As for my own ridiculous text book map story. I have a copy of Roderick Phillip's Society, State, and Nation in Twentieth-Century Europe , in which the a 1900 map shows the Franco-German border with Alsace-Lorraine as part of France, the Balkan borders as they would be after the 2nd Balkan War, and Bosnia as an independent country not under Austro-Hungarian hegemony. I pointed this out to my Professor, whose response was, "Oh I'll add those to the list of criticisms I've been compiling for a while now that I intend to send to the author." I was shocked that she was aware of enough other problems with the book to have already started a list, and yet hailed it as the greatest textbook for modern European history (she's been teaching this course using this book for at least 10 years now)...
Because other textbooks are worse, most likely.

Ah yes I was trying to remember the name of that area of Czechslovakia! I forgot to mention that at the start :p

Ohhhh, that is a bad map. Seriously, it seems to me like every textbook map was done by people who left this site after being told how shit their first map was!

Because other textbooks are worse, most likely.
If that!s the highest standard I wonder why everyone in the western world doesn't have a Miss California level of knowledge of heography and history...

Status
Not open for further replies.