Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7-14 1989
- With the surrender of the Low Countries, the People's Republic of Benelux is established
- The Soviets take most of the Southern France, one half heads to the Spanish border and the other heads to the Battle of the Borders
- Soviets invade Northern France, taking the French defenders by surprise
- Norwegian units are crushed by the Soviets as they blitz through the country
- Istanbul surrenders and a communist state is established, the European regions of Turkey is annexed by the Greeks
- Iraq counters the Saudi attack and pushes deep into Arabia
- India offers the Chinese peace terms, the north would become a Chinese puppet while the south would remain in Democratic Indian hands, the Chinese accept and annex parts of North India
- More of Italy is captured by the Soviets
- Communists in Mexico start a revolution, Mexico asks for US help
- British forces land in Norway to fight the Soviets
- Oman invades Yemen to depose the Soviet friendly government, they succeed and the United Arab Kingdom is formed
1989 beginning of WWIII.PNG

1989 beginning of WWIII.PNG

January- June 1919

-The 1919 Spring Offensive begins in March. Reinforced by troops from the Eastern Front and the new T-44 tank the Red Army surges forward like an unstoppable wave. At least that's what the plan calls for. Soviet dominance of the skies over Europe is challenged and Allied number turn the advance into a quagmire, sucking up men and materials. Despite this they capture ground, reaching Hamburg and outskirts of Hanover by the end of April. In late May Marshal Ludendorff, the joint commander of the Allied forces launches a second counterattack relying on western advances in armour to counter the Russian tanks and a numerical (if not technological) superiority in the air to keep the Soviet Air Force off. By the end of June Zhukov's men have been pushed almost back to their pre-March positions but with an additional 600,000 casualties.

-Resistance groups within occupied Europe and Asia continue to wage their disparate war against the Russian occupiers. Fighting in Afghanistan is mostly ended, there is only so much you can do when the enemy has no qualms about wiping out whole villages in retaliation for attacks, but insurgency within the deserts of Arabia and the cities of Iran and Iraq is continues to smolder. A new purge hits the Jewish Autonomous Oblast when the NKVD discovers evidence that some of the local leadership is supporting paramilitary groups in Palestine. Despite the best efforts of the Red Army British and American arms continue to flow through the border between the Swedish SSR and Neutral Norway to the underground in Sweden, Finland, and Eastern Europe.

-The Soviets in North Africa make continued small gains in the mostly unpopulated Egyptian southwest and the more heavily populated coast into Italian Libya.

-On May 10, 1919 General Charles Alexander Anderson, the Commander-in-Chief of His Majesty's forces in India surrenders his sword to Major General Ivan Vasilyevich Panfilov of the Red Army in a ceremony in the city of Cochin, India. The remnants of the Indian Army escape by ship to Ceylon under Colonel Stanley Green.

-The Allies fall back through Indochina. As they retreat the French arm native guerrillas and release colonial troops to help maintain a resistance in the jungles.

-The last remaining territory of the Republic of China is occupied. President Yuan Shikai moves his capital in exile to the Phillipines.

-A probe by the Russian navy towards the Phillipines is beaten back with significant losses.

-As the Japanese and Americans fall back from Tokyo the Emperor and the Military leadership relocate to Kyoto. Elements of the Diet and the beuracracy leave Japan altogether for the bunker system underneath Iwo Jima.

-The American leadership is starting to feel that Japan is a lost cause, despite the excellent propaganda about the brave Samurai warriors of Nippon fighting alongside General MacArthur and the AEF.

-Soviet naval infantry seize a couple small Aleutian islands.

Soviet Map Series XI.png

Last edited:

The Dude

Banned

A few things about India:
1: No matter how much planning has gone into it, it will be hell attempting to invade the country via the Himalayas. It's just not possible, especially considering all the narrow mountain passes will render the Chinese number advantage moot.
2: Why hasn't India used nuclear weapons yet? I think that they would attempt at least a tactical attack as a last-ditch hope before surrender.
3:Have you considered the possibility that Pakistan might join in?
4: What, exactly, is the reason for the invasion?

Thank you :). I have learnt a lot from this board. I first started lurking at around age 16 when I discovered this board by chance and after numerous attempts to actually join being rebuffed by difficulties, here I am four years later :)
This board has helped me reach a greater understanding of history during my college years and is certainly helping me with my history degree.

Back on topic, will you continue to post your excellent map series here? Or will you be jumping ship to the ASB map thread? I definitely think you should continue posting here but that is just my opinion :)

I'm glad you like my work.:)

I started posting the map series here, so I'll continue posting it here, but any future map series I do will be on the ASB map thread.

One word: Logistics. No way in hell could the Soviets hold a front along all of EURASIA. And no, having tanks and Aircraft won't remedy that fact. The Soviets will fall like a wall of bricks on Eastern Europe. In China, India and Japan, no way. The Soviets wouldn't be able to invade French Indochina through China with the only reliable supply line being the Trans-Siberian Railroad that ends at Vlasivostok. They wouldn't be able to Invade India through the Himilaya's.

Also, damn you for the copycats you spawned. :p

One word: Logistics. No way in hell could the Soviets hold a front along all of EURASIA. And no, having tanks and Aircraft won't remedy that fact. The Soviets will fall like a wall of bricks on Eastern Europe. In China, India and Japan, no way. The Soviets wouldn't be able to invade French Indochina through China with the only reliable supply line being the Trans-Siberian Railroad that ends at Vlasivostok. They wouldn't be able to Invade India through the Himilaya's.

They hardly blitzkrieged it. There was a reason the Russians have been advancing so slowly, they've been building supply lines behind them. And it's bad supplies that are the reason the Allies have been doing so well at all. As for the invasion fo India, it wasn't via the Himalayas, it was via Pakistan with a simultaneous occupation of Tibet that was really just a minor front.

Rebel

Banned

I believe they invaded through the Hindu Kush, but still, that whole area has some fucking nasty terrain.

I'm surprised all of Europe isn't occupied yet. The Soviets in 1939 have a heavy advantage in armor that the Allies in 1915 simply can't match, except with artillery (But unfortunately, Soviet air dominance and their brilliant artillery will rip the enemy apart).

Looks like it's time for a crusade.

Heh, as if there wasn't already. :p Right now, the only nations that aren't directly hostile to the Germans are Latin America, China, and Japan.

Anyways, why split up the Swiss territory? It hardly seems that brining in a bunch of foreign troops of dubious allegiance to the area would make it more stable. A friend of mine once told how when she went sking with friends, they couldn't speak to Swiss police in German, Italian, or French. English worked though. Is this setting up for anything?

The Germans are starting to acknowledge their manpower problem and are testing their puppets' loyalty. Considering the Swiss would attack the Nazis and anyone collaborating with them, French and Italian troops would fight even for self-defense. Also, bringing in foreign troops means more German troops can be freed up to fight in Britain.

On another note, I would have thought that the areas given to the French would have been well suited for grabbing the Franche-Comte and Venetia in the future. Considering how you have Slavonia going up to Serbia without taking the Banat...

The puppet governments have absolutely no say in anything pertaining to territory. If the Germans decide they want Franche-Comte and Venetia, they're going to get it. There are enough Waffen-SS stationed in Paris and Rome to make the offer more convincing.

I see that the Vatican and San Marino have been swallowed by Italy.

The Vatican was independent only after the Lateran Treaty in OTL, so it was never independent ITTL. As for San Marino, appeasing the Italians. The Germans need them for something.

Have the Nazis taken esclusive control of all the Vatican's possessions? Or are the Italians trying to keep them?

Nazi policy regarding the Vatican is actually fairly hands-off. Western Europe is docile compared to the east, and they want to keep it that way. It's under de jure Italian administration, but even they don't want to touch the Pope.

And are Monaco and Andorra being kept by Germany?

Occupied.

I can see Monaco and most of Nice being an excellent resort for the troops, with some decent wine and potential for ports.

Yes, they are being used as resorts, but mostly for Party officers. Most soldiers are needed in security or at the front.

And who possesses Malta? Why is Gibralter currently left alone, by the looks of it?

Mistakes on my part. They're both supposed to be German.

Also, what are to be done with the Channel Islands? Annexed to Germany? Given to a British Regime? Kept by the Queen? Independent Norman homelands under locally elected Arls, to create various island reservations of Nordic blood throughout the European Islands? SS grounds under Himmler? Though not sure if he was as strong at this point in time as later in the War... Or given to France, just as will Walloons?

Pretty much the OTL treatment, for now. The Germans themselves are divided on the issue of Channel Islands, and more generally British occupation. They know segments of the British population believe what Hitler said in Mein Kampf, but their numbers have dropped significantly since the invasion. The SS do want that land, so assuming Germany wins the war against Britain they will have to go up against those who favor giving it to puppets or independence.

So what HASN'T been isoted yet, cause I kinda want to do one of my own. I would say Italy but could they take on all of the European nations.

why not send Napoleon III's empire back to his uncle's time... preferably to a year his uncle was out of the country so Napoleon could gain access to his nephew's military resources when he returns?

Winter for Poland and France

(OOC: I will post this map series in its own thread at the ASB section. This will be the last update on this thread.)

- The Russian Empire faces another crisis as Tsar Nicholas II is assassinated by a Nazi operative. With most of the royal family dead or missing, a provisional government led by the Army is formed. The Japanese see this as their time to make an offer: if the Russians promise them all of Sakhalin, Kamchatka and outer Manchuria, they would intervene on behalf of the Russians. Seeing the situation as desperate enough to warrant concession, the provisional government accepts.

- The first American Gun Tractors see action in Russia. Like the British models, they fail to turn the tide, but slow down the German advance.

- In Britain, the Germans advance north and surround London, but being a mostly infantry force they fail to capture it. Brutal street-to-street fighting engulfs the city. The Royal Family flees to Canada.

- The Kriegsmarine secures the Channel and begins a blockade of Britain, but the Germans are worried that the Entente navies might be able to break German naval superiority. In an attempt to split British attention, the Germans launch offensives into Egypt and India, expecting the locals to aid them. German Panzers dominate in the Egyptian desert, but their advance is India is slow. Although they do manage to find native collaborators, the Germans are surprised that most of the natives support Britain in its fight against Germany. Collaborationist Italian troops see action in Africa.

- Oil starts to trickle in from the Middle East, but native insurrection and the sheer lack of infrastructure in the Middle East means that oil is still a problem.

SpringtimeForHitler6.png

(OOC: I will post this map series in its own thread at the ASB section. This will be the last update on this thread.)

- The Russian Empire faces another crisis as Tsar Nicholas II is assassinated by a Nazi operative. With most of the royal family dead or missing, a provisional government led by the Army is formed. The Japanese see this as their time to make an offer: if the Russians promise them all of Sakhalin, Kamchatka and outer Manchuria, they would intervene on behalf of the Russians. Seeing the situation as desperate enough to warrant concession, the provisional government accepts.

- The first American Gun Tractors see action in Russia. Like the British models, they fail to turn the tide, but slow down the German advance.

- In Britain, the Germans advance north and surround London, but being a mostly infantry force they fail to capture it. Brutal street-to-street fighting engulfs the city. The Royal Family flees to Canada.

- The Kriegsmarine secures the Channel and begins a blockade of Britain, but the Germans are worried that the Entente navies might be able to break German naval superiority. In an attempt to split British attention, the Germans launch offensives into Egypt and India, expecting the locals to aid them. German Panzers dominate in the Egyptian desert, but their advance is India is slow. Although they do manage to find native collaborators, the Germans are surprised that most of the natives support Britain in its fight against Germany. Collaborationist Italian troops see action in Africa.

- Oil starts to trickle in from the Middle East, but native insurrection and the sheer lack of infrastructure in the Middle East means that oil is still a problem.
Can anything stop the black tide?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.