Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this thread needs more color and I feel like it;

The-Color-Scheme-Formerly-Known-As-ICS;
(It was originally my own color scheme, but it's evolved into a collection of modern, historic and alternate colors.)

ICS.png

Is this better?

(And in TL-191, they did have Missouri take a chunk of Arkansas. But in this alternate map where the US does better in GW1, not good enough to totally reannex the CS, but better, all of Arkansas is taken so that becomes somewhat of a moot point I think. They might let Arkansas stay together in this case)

North_america_blank_range_map - Copy.png

Is this better?

(And in TL-191, they did have Missouri take a chunk of Arkansas. But in this alternate map where the US does better in GW1, not good enough to totally reannex the CS, but better, all of Arkansas is taken so that becomes somewhat of a moot point I think. They might let Arkansas stay together in this case)

That's better. I don't like that odd little bit of Virginia that's sticking out in between Kentucky and Tennessee, but it looks OK otherwise.

Thande

Donor
And in TL-191, they did have Missouri take a chunk of Arkansas.

I'm not sure. It appears that way on the first few maps, but not on the later ones. Featherston mentions Arkansas in a speech about Confederate irredentism, but then he also mentions Arizona, a state which doesn't even freaking exist in TL-191, which shows you how little Turtledove cared about what he was writing by that point.

I'm not sure. It appears that way on the first few maps, but not on the later ones. Featherston mentions Arkansas in a speech about Confederate irredentism, but then he also mentions Arizona, a state which doesn't even freaking exist in TL-191, which shows you how little Turtledove cared about what he was writing by that point.

I think Featherston meant Arizona as the territory the CSA claimed, but didn't get during the War of Secession.

Maybe he means that the USSR stayed united and with the CPSU at the helm while China "fell apart?"
We need an image of Turtledove smoking a cigar made out of dollar bills.

When Communist China fell, only the actual autonomous regions left (like the U.S.S.R) but because some regions were closer to china than others, and some were reconquered, not all the region of Autonomy left (like the U.S.S.R).

Time for another TL-191 map. (I've been doing at lot of those lately)

Anyway one thing I always found odd about the series was how "restrained" the Central Powers were when they gave their demands. Especially Germany in regards to Africa. All they got was the Belgium Congo. And I also felt it really odd how the US went with a Flora's more restrained peace plan instead of TR's especially since the US had a far bigger desire then Germany to Punish the CSA. Or how the US didn't try to grab Alaska from Russia either.

Also for some reason the map won't let me post in red

Is that colour for the CSA supposed to be the butternut of their uniforms in TL-191?

>_> I don't now, is a test... you like it?
I thik it's necessary i use ucs for the next map...

I don't think you need to use UCS if you include a key (in fact all UCS maps tend to blur together for me and become boring if I see too many), I think he was just confused because, well, what exactly is the "Authority of Rome" supposed to be? :confused:

When Communist China fell, only the actual autonomous regions left (like the U.S.S.R) but because some regions were closer to china than others, and some were reconquered, not all the region of Autonomy left (like the U.S.S.R).

China the nation needs to be distinguished from the China, the political territory. The Soviet Union was a Communist empire that fell apart and therefore ceased to exist, for there were very few people who considered themselves "Soviets" first and Russians, Ukranians, etc. second. Chinese, whether Madarin, Cantonese, etc. think of themselves as Chinese: the loss of a outlying areas inhabited by people nobody thinks of as ethnic Chinese makes no difference to the existence of China-the-nation.

Bruce

PS-historically, Mongolia is a Soviet puppet: wouldn't they protect it from the Chinese?

Status
Not open for further replies.