List of monarchs II

Here is a optional one.

Kings of England
(1066-1082) Harold II "the Good" (1)

(1) Harold II fought off the Bastard and the Norwegian in the War of the English Succession.

Tsao

Banned
Sultans of Egypt
(1260-1288) Baibars (House of Bahri)

Kings of England
(1066-1082) Harold II (House of Godwin) [1]
(1082-1103) Edgar II 'The Ready' (House of Godwin) [2]

[1] Harold II fought off the Bastard and the Norwegian in the War of the English Succession.

[2] Killed during his campaigns against the Normans, who attempted another invasion in 1091.

Sultans of Egypt
(1288-1306) Baibars II (House of Bahri)

Kings of England
(1103) Lewis I (House of Godwin) [3]

[1] Harold II fought off the Bastard and the Norwegian in the War of the English Succession.

[2] Killed during his campaigns against the Normans, who attempted another invasion in 1091.
[3] Killed by the Norman commanders who managed to reach London. The Norman ruler ______ becomes King of England.

Sultans of Egypt

Kings of England
(1103-1139) Richard I (House of Normandy [4]

[3] Killed by the Norman commanders who managed to reach London. The Norman ruler ______ becomes King of England.
[4]United Normandy and England in personal union.

Sultans of Egypt
(1306-1318) Malik I (House of Bahri)

Kings of England (part of Normandy 1103-)
(1103-1139) Richard I (House of Normandy) [4]
(1139-1156) Henry I (House of Normandy) [5]

[5] Henry I preferred Normandy to these cold English domains, but he wished the two holdings be kept secure from any further threats, so he absorbed England into the Duchy of Normandy.

Kings of Poland
1384 - 1410 Wladislaw II Jagiełło and Jadwiga
1399 -1410 Wladislaw II Jagiełło(House of Jagiellon)[1]

1410-1437 Zygmunt 1(House of Luxembourg)[2]
1437-1439 Olbracht(House of Habsburg)[3]
1440-1460 Wladislaw III (House of Habsburg)[4]

1460-1516 Wladislaw IV (House of Jagiellon)[5]

1.King of Poland and Lithuania
2.A descendant of Casimir III the Great who defeated Wladislaw Jagiello in the battle of Grunwald forcing Wladislaw to abdicate in Poland, King of Hungary, Poland, Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor.
3.Son in law of Casimir III,King of Hungary, Poland and Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor.
4.Sickly son of Albert of Germany and he later died of Leukemia, King of Hungary, Poland and Bohemia.
5.Grandson of Albert of Germany, King of Hungary, Lithuania, Poland and Bohemia.

Kings of England (part of Normandy 1103- 1156)

(1156-1189) Colin I (House of Godwin) [6]

[1] Harold II fought off the Bastard and the Norwegian in the War of the English Succession.[
[3] Killed by the Norman commanders who managed to reach London. The Norman ruler Richard becomes King of England.
[5] Henry I preferred Normandy to these cold English domains, but he wished the two holdings be kept secure from any further threats, so he absorbed England into the Duchy of Normandy.
[6] Henry's constant wars with the Capets and his attempts to exert Norman influence over the British Isles mean that eventually a combined French-Scottish Coalition beat him in 1156. As a result, the currant Godwin claimant to the throne, Colin, who had been living in exile in Scotland all his life, is proclaimed King and once again and Englishman rules England. However, the Godwins long exile in Scotland has meant that they have intermarried much with Scottish culture as well as the Scottish Royal Family and some fear that Colin (who after all has a Gaelic name) might be just as foreign as the Normans.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1016-1037) Edmund II "Ironside" (House of Wessex) [1]

[1] Edmund Ironside wins the Battle of Assandun against Canute and over the coming decade or so, the Danes are effectively expelled from England, with Edmund becoming seen as a second Alfred the Great.

(1189-1192) Richard II (House of Normandy) [7]

[1] Harold II fought off the Bastard and the Norwegian in the War of the English Succession.[
[3] Killed by the Norman commanders who managed to reach London. The Norman ruler Richard becomes King of England.
[6] Henry's constant wars with the Capets and his attempts to exert Norman influence over the British Isles mean that eventually a combined French-Scottish Coalition beat him in 1156. As a result, the currant Godwin claimant to the throne, Colin, who had been living in exile in Scotland all his life, is proclaimed King and once again and Englishman rules England. However, the Godwins long exile in Scotland has meant that they have intermarried much with Scottish culture as well as the Scottish Royal Family and some fear that Colin (who after all has a Gaelic name) might be just as foreign as the Normans.
[7] Unfortunately for them, the Normans mount another expedition to England, rousing support against the Scottish King. He only controls southern England, however, while the North is divided by a coalition of nobles.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1037-1046) Harold I (House of Wessex)

[1] Edmund Ironside wins the Battle of Assandun against Canute and over the coming decade or so, the Danes are effectively expelled from England, with Edmund becoming seen as a second Alfred the Great.

(1192-1221) William I (House of Normandy) [8]

[7] Unfortunately for them, the Normans mount another expedition to England, rousing support against the Scottish King. He only controls southern England, however, while the North is divided by a coalition of nobles.
[8] Sought to reunite England through diplomatic means, given that his brother Richard was only able to control the south. Largely successful, though northernmost England was still out of his grasp upon his deathbed.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1046-1062) Edmund III (House of Wessex)

(1221-1230) Alexander I (House of Dunkeld) [9]

[8] Sought to reunite England through diplomatic means, given that his brother Richard was only able to control the south. Largely successful, though northernmost England was still out of his grasp upon his deathbed.
[9] Williams infertility as well as the infighting between the northern nobles and an assault on Norman Lands in France by the Angevins means that Scots are once again able to take advantage of the Normans troubles and invade. Although the exiled Godwins died out, they had intermarried with the Scots royal family enough so that by 1221 the Kings of Scotland had a reasonable claim to the English Throne. With Williams cousin and heir, Stephen in France, Alexander is able to bribe the Northern Nobles into siding with him and by the end of the year he is crowned King of England and England and Scotland enter a personal union.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1062-1080) Eadwulf I (House of Northumbria) [2]

[2] Eadwulf, the immensely powerful Earl of Northumbria, who had effectively become Edmund III's right hand man at the expense of his son, Edgar Atheling, was able to claim that Edmund had passed the succession on to him upon his death and was crowned king. However, a bitter struggle ensues between Eadwulf's supporters and the supporters of Edgar.

Last edited:

1230-1239 - War of Succession [10]
(1239-1260) Malcolm I (House of Dunkeld

[9] Williams infertility as well as the infighting between the northern nobles and an assault on Norman Lands in France by the Angevins means that Scots are once again able to take advantage of the Normans troubles and invade. Although the exiled Godwins died out, they had intermarried with the Scots royal family enough so that by 1221 the Kings of Scotland had a reasonable claim to the English Throne. With Williams cousin and heir, Stephen in France, Alexander is able to bribe the Northern Nobles into siding with him and by the end of the year he is crowned King of England and England and Scotland enter a personal union.
[10] Stephen returned to England and attempted to claim the throne but Alexander, son of Alexander I was declared King by the Nobles of England and Scotland. This led to a short War of Succession. Stephen was actually killed in 1237, but his allies fought on another two years before they were executed

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1080-1142) Edgar (House of Northumbria) [3]

[2] Eadwulf, the immensely powerful Earl of Northumbria, who had effectively become Edmund III's right hand man at the expense of his son, Edgar Atheling, was able to claim that Edmund had passed the succession on to him upon his death and was crowned king. However, a bitter struggle ensues between Eadwulf's supporters and the supporters of Edgar.
[3] The longest reigning King, Edgar invaded Denmark but lost his war with the Danes and became much more introverted and left most decisions to his advisors

(1255-1300) Geoffrey V 'The Handsome' (House of Anjou) [11]

[10] Stephen returned to England and attempted to claim the throne but Alexander, son of Alexander I was declared King by the Nobles of England and Scotland. This led to a short War of Succession. Stephen was actually killed in 1237, but his allies fought on another two years before they were executed
[11] After marrying the older and recently divorced Constance the Fair, Duchess of Brittany, Count Geoffrey V of Anjou, a mere boy of 24, invades and quickly conquerors Normandy in 1256. A stalemate emerges with Geoffrey defeating every Scottish Army sent to Normandy but unable to cross the English channel. Geoffrey eventually crossed the channel amidst the chaos surrounding King Malcolm's 'unexpected' death in a hunting accident. King Geoffrey eventually reached a peace agreement with Scotland recognizing his rule south of the Castle of Nottingham.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1142-1145) Harold II (House of Northumbria)

[3] The longest reigning King, Edgar invaded Denmark but lost his war with the Danes and became much more introverted and left most decisions to his advisors

(1300-1310) John I 'The Strange' (House of Anjou) [12]

[11] After marrying the older and recently divorced Constance the Fair, Duchess of Brittany, Count Geoffrey V of Anjou, a mere boy of 24, invades and quickly conquerors Normandy in 1256. A stalemate emerges with Geoffrey defeating every Scottish Army sent to Normandy but unable to cross the English channel. Geoffrey eventually crossed the channel amidst the chaos surrounding King Malcolm's 'unexpected' death in a hunting accident. King Geoffrey eventually reached a peace agreement with Scotland recognizing his rule south of the Castle of Nottingham.
[12] John was born in London, the son of Geoffrey, and was a popular king. However he never took a wife, and had a 'Lord of the Bedchamber' in Maurice of Wales.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1145-1167) The Peasants' Revolution [4]

[4] The Peasants Revolution was a revolt started in London, and which spread throughout the Kingdom advocating the first known form of 'modern' democracy, with Peter Lougheed leading the charge.

(1310-1314) Philip I 'The Weak' (House of Capet) [13]

[12] John was born in London, the son of Geoffrey, and was a popular king. However he never took a wife, and had a 'Lord of the Bedchamber' in Maurice of Wales.
[13] A cousin of John via Geoffrey's brother Philip III of France. Also King of France. The reign is short as both English and Scottish Nobles have no wish to be ruled by an absentee French King and so he is ousted in of favour of the great-nephew of Malcolm

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1167-1345) First Repbulic of England [5]

[4] The Peasants Revolution was a revolt started in London, and which spread throughout the Kingdom advocating the first known form of 'modern' democracy, with Peter Lougheed leading the charge.
[5] The five sons of Harold II go into exile in Europe

(1314-1325) Alexander II 'The Unlucky' (House of Dunkeld-Comyn) [14]

[13] A cousin of John via Geoffrey's brother Philip III of France. Also King of France. The reign is short as both English and Scottish Nobles have no wish to be ruled by an absentee French King and so he is ousted in of favour of the great-nephew of Malcolm
[14] Unified England and Scotland under one throne again, however, his reign witness many costly wars with Frances that resulted in the loss of Anjou, Brittany and much of Normandy

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1345-1366) Louis I (House of Orleans)

(1325-1370) Gordon I (House of Dunkeld-Comyn)[15]

[14] Unified England and Scotland under one throne again, however, his reign witness many costly wars with Frances that resulted in the loss of Anjou, Brittany and much of Normandy
[15] Alexanders son Gordon ends up having a much more successful reign than his father. Ascending the throne at 18, Gordon would eventually pursue a series of campaigns against France and by the time of his death, most of Gascony, Aquitaine and parts of Normandy are back in Anglo-Scottish hands. By the end of Gordon's reign, England and Scotland are more closely united than ever and with a Dynastic empire in France to add, with Gordon attempting to show the English side of his family roots in an attempt appear less foreign.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1366-1377) Maurice I (House of Wittlesbach) [6]

[6] The unruly English overthrow the French and invite the Count of Holland, Maurice, to become the "Standholder" of England in a new elected monarchy, in an effort to return to stability.

(1370-1409) Alexander III (House of Dunkeld-Comyn)[16]

[15] Alexanders son Gordon ends up having a much more successful reign than his father. Ascending the throne at 18, Gordon would eventually pursue a series of campaigns against France and by the time of his death, most of Gascony, Aquitaine and parts of Normandy are back in Anglo-Scottish hands. By the end of Gordon's reign, England and Scotland are more closely united than ever and with a Dynastic empire in France to add, with Gordon attempting to show the English side of his family roots in an attempt appear less foreign.
[16] Lost Gascony to the French in the early years of his reign but had regained it and had also occupied Paris and Orleans with English forces by the end of his reign.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1377-1401) Philip I (House of Northumbria-Habsburg) [7]

[6] The unruly English overthrow the French and invite the Count of Holland, Maurice, to become the "Standholder" of England in a new elected monarchy, in an effort to return to stability.
[7] The attempt at stability failed as Philip von Habsburg, Count of Tyrol claimed descent from Harold II and marched his army into London where he was named and crowned King, taking the Northumbria name to his own. For most of his reign he was involved in Wars with Maurice II, Count of Holland who tried to invade a number of times but was pushed back

Kings of England (part of Normandy 1103- 1156) (also of Scotland 1221-1260, 1314-)

(1409-1456) Malcolm II (House of Dunkeld-Comyn)[17]

[16] Lost Gascony to the French in the early years of his reign but had regained it and had also occupied Paris and Orleans with English forces by the end of his reign.
[17] Unlike his father, Malcolm was a weak man. He thus lost most of the French territory save northern Normandy to the Angevin branch of the Capets, led by Charles VI. Ironically, this lack of continental cares would strengthen the Anglo-Scottish Union.

Edmund Ironside Lives

[7] The attempt at stability failed as Philip von Habsburg, Count of Tyrol claimed descent from Harold II and marched his army into London where he was named and crowned King, taking the Northumbria name to his own. For most of his reign he was involved in Wars with Maurice II, Count of Holland who tried to invade a number of times but was pushed back[/QUOTE]

Kings of England (part of Normandy 1103- 1156) (also of Scotland 1221-1260, 1314-)

(1456-1460) Regency of Gordon II (House of Dunkeld-Comyn)[18]

[17] Unlike his father, Malcolm was a weak man. He thus lost most of the French territory save northern Normandy to the Angevin branch of the Capets, led by Charles VI. Ironically, this lack of continental cares would strengthen the Anglo-Scottish Union.
[18] Malcolm II's is succeed by his grandson Gordon II, a mere baby of 4. Gordon II represented the last male heir of of the Dunkeld-Comyn Dynasty. He died in 1460 at the age of 8 from the Sweating Disease.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1401-1425) Philip II 'The Conqueror' (House of Northumbria-Habsburg)[8]

[7] The attempt at stability failed as Philip von Habsburg, Count of Tyrol claimed descent from Harold II and marched his army into London where he was named and crowned King, taking the Northumbria name to his own. For most of his reign he was involved in Wars with Maurice II, Count of Holland who tried to invade a number of times but was pushed back
[8] Philip II repulsed the last invasion of Count Maurice in 1402. Philip II secured an Alliance with the House of Orleans by marrying King Louis IVth daughter. This Alliance was instrumental in Philip II's successful conquest of Holland in 1414.

Kings of England (part of Normandy 1103- 1156) (In personal union with Scotland 1221-1260, 1314-)

(1456-1460) Regency of Gordon II (House of Dunkeld-Comyn)[18]
(1460-1475) Colin II (House of Campbell) [19]

[18] Malcolm II's is succeed by his grandson Gordon II, a mere baby of 4. Gordon II represented the last male heir of of the Dunkeld-Comyn Dynasty. He died in 1460 at the age of 8 from the Sweating Disease.
[19] With Gordon being the last male heir, Colin Campbell, the powerful Lord of Argyll, head of Clan Campbell and former head of Gordon II's regency council, more or less usurps the throne. However, as the influential Campbell family had married much into the Dunkeld-Comyn's and the closest legitimate heir is the King of France through the line of Philip I, there is little opposition save from those Scottish clans who oppose the Campbell's sudden rise to power. Although he has a short reign, Colin was already able to begin counterattacking the Capets in France and by the time of his death, the new dynasty seemed secure.

Edmund Ironside Lives

(1401-1425) Philip II 'The Conqueror' (House of Northumbria-Habsburg)[8]
(1425-1440) Philip III (House of Northumbria-Hapsburg)

[8] Philip II repulsed the last invasion of Count Maurice in 1402. Philip II secured an Alliance with the House of Orleans by marrying King Louis IVth daughter. This Alliance was instrumental in Philip II's successful conquest of Holland in 1414.