List of monarchs II

Sultans of Delhi
(1296-1316) Alauddin I (House of Khilji)
(1316-1342) Ibrahim I (House of Khilji)
(1342-1357) Muhammad I (House of Khilji)
(1357-1358) Ibrahim II (House of Khilji) [1]
(1358) Bairam I (House of Khilji) [2]
(1358-1373) Muhammad II (House of Nadu) [3]
(1373-1389) Daniyal I (House of Nadu) [4]
(1389-1395) Ibrahim III (House of Nadu) [5]
(1395-1396) Muhammad III (House of Rajit) [6]
(1396-1421) Ismael I (House of Abhay) [7]
(1421-1467) Suleiman I 'The Conqueror' (House of Abhay) [8]
(1467-1500) Alauddin II 'The Fearful' (House of Abhay)
(1500-1526) Farroukh I (House of Abhay) [9]
(1526-1591) Muammar I 'The Great' (House of Abhay) [10]
(1591-1627) Imran I (House of Abhay) [11]
(1627-1664) Muhammad IV 'The People's King' (House of Nadu Reborn) [12]
(1664-1721) Jahangir I (House of Timur) [13]
Emperors of Delhi
(1721-1777) Hassim I 'The Ambitious' (House of Timur) [14]
(1777-1799) Hassim II 'The Good' (House of Timur) [15]

[1] Ibrahim was a sickly child, and died from an unknown disease (though it is now believed to be typhus) within a year of his taking the throne. His death would set off a civil war within Delhi.
[2] Bairam was Ibrahim's younger brother, who was largely dominated by his vizier Aziz. During the Civil War, forces under Aziz's command murdered the child and took control of Delhi.
[3] Muhammad was the first of the House of Nadu, instated Sultan due to he being the mastermind behind the rebel forces.
[4] Oversaw the conquest of Gondwana.
[5]Weak, corrupt despot. Overthrown by his Vizier in 1395,who was in turn killed by a young Afghan general by the name of Ismael, who seized the throne for himself.
[6]Ibrahim's corrupt and greedy Vizier. Executed by Ismael after he seized Delhi.
[7] Known as the Bureaucrat-King; instead of focusing on conquests, he focused on developing the government of the Sultanate. Also famously held out against Timur.
[8] Oversaw the annexations of Rajputana, Gujarat and Kashmir. Held out against the Timurids' second attempt at invading India.
[9] Instituted several reforms and important laws that helped to push the Sultanates technology. Instituted major trade reform, and had a de facto alliance with the Ottoman Empire.
[10] A kinsman of Farroukh who reached the throne through ruthless political assassinations at the age of 37, also known as Muammar the Great. An expert in the tribal politics of the North (where his native lands lay) he vassalized Nepal and Afghanistan, conquered Balochistan, and beat back the Persians, Burmans, and Dravidians. Known as well for his artistic and cultural achievements. He was also the first ruler to form an alliance with a European power, favoring France over Portugal and Spain. His vast empire would be split between his four sons, thus resulting in Delhi losing Balochistan and Nepal, which soon became rival kingdoms under his second and third sons. His son Imran found himself in a difficult situation, with enemies on all sides and a kingdom left bankrupted by his father's wars and artistic pursuits.
[11] The loss of the lands of the empire are felt at first, but soon, through trade deals with the French and secretly, the Portuguese, the treasury is built up once again, allowing him to war against his brothers, taking them out through assassinations rather than outright warfare.
[12] Imran himself was assassinated by an ambitious Prince who claimed direct descent from Muhammad III. He had Imran's entire family killed as well, to ensure that no one would be able to challenge his claim to the throne. His eccentricity and passing of land reforms ensured that he was remembered as 'The People's King'. However, his brutal repression of the old aristocracy and his popularity among the peasants earned him many enemies, and he was found with his throat slit in bed one morning in 1664. He left no heirs, having had no concubines and being celibate(some historians have speculated that he was homosexual, but there is no evidence that supports this theory).
[13] An ambitious ruler, he claimed descent from Timur and during his reign, conquered Assam, the Deccan and conquered the South through military might and diplomatic prowess. His reign left the foundation for a strong empire, and his son, Hassim was left to become a strong emperor, not just a sultan.
[14] While settling out relations with surrounding neighbours (through diplomatic means, which he was renowned for), Hassim looked to the New World, and-- using his relations with France and Portugal-- managed to set up the Sultanate of New Delhi (on the tip of the Gaspé Peninsula.) The colony is surrendered to the British after the Treaty of Paris.
[15] Undertook several domestic and military reforms; aided his ally France in attempting to contain the republican governments installed in Portugal and Castile.

Tsao

Banned
Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi
(1799-1821) Shujah I (House of Kabul) [16]

[1] Ibrahim was a sickly child, and died from an unknown disease (though it is now believed to be typhus) within a year of his taking the throne. His death would set off a civil war within Delhi.
[2] Bairam was Ibrahim's younger brother, who was largely dominated by his vizier Aziz. During the Civil War, forces under Aziz's command murdered the child and took control of Delhi.
[3] Muhammad was the first of the House of Nadu, instated Sultan due to he being the mastermind behind the rebel forces.
[5]Weak, corrupt despot. Overthrown by his Vizier in 1395,who was in turn killed by a young Afghan general by the name of Ismael, who seized the throne for himself.
[6]Ibrahim's corrupt and greedy Vizier. Executed by Ismael after he seized Delhi.
[7] Known as the Bureaucrat-King; instead of focusing on conquests, he focused on developing the government of the Sultanate. Also famously held out against Timur.
[8] Oversaw the annexations of Rajputana, Gujarat and Kashmir. Held out against the Timurids' second attempt at invading India.
[9] Instituted several reforms and important laws that helped to push the Sultanates technology. Instituted major trade reform, and had a de facto alliance with the Ottoman Empire.
[10] A kinsman of Farroukh who reached the throne through ruthless political assassinations at the age of 37, also known as Muammar the Great. An expert in the tribal politics of the North (where his native lands lay) he vassalized Nepal and Afghanistan, conquered Balochistan, and beat back the Persians, Burmans, and Dravidians. Known as well for his artistic and cultural achievements. He was also the first ruler to form an alliance with a European power, favoring France over Portugal and Spain. His vast empire would be split between his four sons, thus resulting in Delhi losing Balochistan and Nepal, which soon became rival kingdoms under his second and third sons. His son Imran found himself in a difficult situation, with enemies on all sides and a kingdom left bankrupted by his father's wars and artistic pursuits.
[11] The loss of the lands of the empire are felt at first, but soon, through trade deals with the French and secretly, the Portuguese, the treasury is built up once again, allowing him to war against his brothers, taking them out through assassinations rather than outright warfare.
[12] Imran himself was assassinated by an ambitious Prince who claimed direct descent from Muhammad III. He had Imran's entire family killed as well, to ensure that no one would be able to challenge his claim to the throne. His eccentricity and passing of land reforms ensured that he was remembered as 'The People's King'. However, his brutal repression of the old aristocracy and his popularity among the peasants earned him many enemies, and he was found with his throat slit in bed one morning in 1664. He left no heirs, having had no concubines and being celibate(some historians have speculated that he was homosexual, but there is no evidence that supports this theory).
[13] An ambitious ruler, he claimed descent from Timur and during his reign, conquered Assam, the Deccan and conquered the South through military might and diplomatic prowess. His reign left the foundation for a strong empire, and his son, Hassim was left to become a strong emperor, not just a sultan.
[14] While settling out relations with surrounding neighbours (through diplomatic means, which he was renowned for), Hassim looked to the New World, and-- using his relations with France and Portugal-- managed to set up the Sultanate of New Delhi (on the tip of the Gaspé Peninsula.) The colony is surrendered to the British after the Treaty of Paris.
[15] Undertook several domestic and military reforms; aided his ally France in attempting to contain the republican governments installed in Portugal and Castile.
[16] Ambitious Afghan prince who seized Delhi (with soldiers, arms, and advisers from the British) after being forced from Afghanistan by his brother, who was backed by the Russians. He was a brilliant military commander, but was unable to prevent the secession of the southern kingdoms under a young Hindu prince by the name of ________. During his reign, relations with the French deteriorated, and he welcomed the Ottomans and British into his kingdom as traders and diplomats. This would prove to have disastrous consequences for Delhi later. Assam would be lost under his pleasure-loving son _________.

Last edited:

King James IX

Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi
(1799-1821) Shujah I (House of Dostedh) [16]
(1821-1841) Daniyal II 'The Weak' (House of Dostedh) [17]

[16] Ambitious Afghan prince who seized Delhi after being forced from Afghanistan by his brother, who was backed by the Russians. He was a brilliant military commander, but was unable to prevent the secession of the southern kingdoms under a young Hindu prince by the name of Alauddin IV. During his reign, relations with the French deteriorated, and he welcomed the Ottomans and British into his kingdom as traders and diplomats. This would prove to have disatrous consequences for Delhi later. Assam would be lost under his pleasure-loving son Daniyal.
[17] Daniyal was seen generally as a push-over by his people and his neighbours, and during his reign, over three quarters of Delhi's land was lost to various other kingdoms. Britain and other European powers began to put themselves into higher positions of power within Delhi, until eventually it was Daniyal was assassinated in 1841, and Delhi was annexed by the Mughal Empire.

Tsao

Banned
Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi
(1799-1821) Shujah I (House of Dostedh (Kabul)) [16]
(1821-1841) Daniyal II 'The Weak' (House of Dostedh (Kabul)) [17]

Baburid Empire
(1841-1856) Agha Jahangir (House of Babur) [18]

[16] Ambitious Afghan prince who seized Delhi (with soldiers, arms, and advisers from the British) after being forced from Afghanistan by his brother, who was backed by the Russians. He was a brilliant military commander, but was unable to prevent the secession of the southern kingdoms under a young Hindu (though later converted to Islam) prince by the name of Aadi (Alauddin) IV. During his reign, relations with the French deteriorated, and he welcomed the Ottomans and British into his kingdom as traders and diplomats. This would prove to have disastrous consequences for Delhi later. Assam would be lost under his pleasure-loving son Daniyal.
[17] Daniyal was seen generally as a push-over by his people and his neighbours, and during his reign, over three quarters of Delhi's land was lost to various other kingdoms. Britain and other European powers began to put themselves into higher positions of power within Delhi, until eventually it was Daniyal was assassinated in 1841, and Delhi was annexed by the Baburid Empire.
[18] Alcoholic and ineffectual ruler, lost the southern lands to the French, the British, and Alauddin's sons. Assassinated by his younger brother.

OOC: The Mughals would be butterflied away.

Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi

Baburid Empire
(1856-1914) Shah Jahan (House of Babur) [19]

[16] Ambitious Afghan prince who seized Delhi (with soldiers, arms, and advisers from the British) after being forced from Afghanistan by his brother, who was backed by the Russians. He was a brilliant military commander, but was unable to prevent the secession of the southern kingdoms under a young Hindu (though later converted to Islam) prince by the name of Aadi (Alauddin) IV. During his reign, relations with the French deteriorated, and he welcomed the Ottomans and British into his kingdom as traders and diplomats. This would prove to have disastrous consequences for Delhi later. Assam would be lost under his pleasure-loving son Daniyal.
[17] Daniyal was seen generally as a push-over by his people and his neighbours, and during his reign, over three quarters of Delhi's land was lost to various other kingdoms. Britain and other European powers began to put themselves into higher positions of power within Delhi, until eventually it was Daniyal was assassinated in 1841, and Delhi was annexed by the Baburid Empire.
[18] Alcoholic and ineffectual ruler, lost the southern lands to the French, the British, and Alauddin's sons. Assassinated by his younger brother.
[19] His long reign saw him expertly annex the small French and British concessions in India, in making an alliance with Britain, and serving as an important one at that. With the Baburids in full power, Alauddin's sons surrendered control of their lands in exchange for leniency, and this resulted in a new golden age for the Baburids.

OOC: They would still be present in Central Asia. We've mentioned them a few times.

Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi

Baburid Empire
(1914-1929) Akbar (House of Babur) [20]

[19] His long reign saw him expertly annex the small French and British concessions in India, in making an alliance with Britain, and serving as an important one at that. With the Baburids in full power, Alauddin's sons surrendered control of their lands in exchange for leniency, and this resulted in a new golden age for the Baburids.
[20]As a British ally, participated in the First Global War by opening up the Asian Front of the war against China. However, he was felled by a republican assassin named _____. This left a crisis, as his only son, _____, was but a child - and sickly.

OOC: They would still be present in Central Asia. We've mentioned them a few times.

Tsao

Banned
They weren't called Mughals though, were they?

Sounds fair to me.

Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi

Baburid Empire
(1914-1923) Shah Rahman (House of Babur) [20]

Republic of Hindustan 1923-

[20] Jahan's ancient brother, who made the unwise decision to invade French Burma in 1919, thus resulting in the Russians and Portugese also declaring war on him. Despite early victories, he was pushed back, and was then quietly deposed by a clique of disaffected young Sikh officers, who immediately signed a ceasefire with the Europeans. Rahman was exiled to Paris, where he was murdered by a Hindu anarchist named Nehru.

King James IX

Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi

Baburid Empire

Republic of Hindustan 1923-
(1923-1928) President Mahmoud Patil [21]

[20] Jahan's ancient brother, who made the unwise decision to invade French Burma in 1919, thus resulting in the Russians and Portugese also declaring war on him. Despite early victories, he was pushed back, and was then quietly deposed by a clique of disaffected young Sikh officers, who immediately signed a ceasefire with the Europeans. Rahman was exiled to Paris, where he was murdered by a Hindu anarchist named Nehru.
[21] After the signing of the Treaty of New Delhi in 1923, the Republic of Hindustan was formed of the British possessions and the Baburid Empire in the Baburidian Subcontinent. The first elected president was quick to lay out fundamental laws and quickly got the newborn nation on its feet, despite a rising percentage of the population falling into poverty.

Tsao

Banned
Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi

Baburid Empire

1st Republic of Hindustan 1923-
(1928-1948) President Daoud Marwhani [22]

[21] After the signing of the Treaty of New Delhi in 1923, the Republic of Hindustan was formed of the British possessions and the Baburid Empire in the Indian Subcontinent. The first elected president was quick to lay out fundamental laws and quickly got the newborn nation on its feet, despite a rising percentage of the population falling into poverty.
[22] A former Baburid colonel, Marwhani was elected on a populist and vaguely nationalistic platform, as well as a promise to end poverty and abolish the old systems. He would rule for the next twenty years, silencing the opposition ruthlessly and assassinating political opponents. Nevertheless, he is revered by the people of Hindustan for bringing an end to debt slavery and the harems, as well as industrializing the nation. He was assassinated in July 1948 while attending a military parade celebrating the twentieth year of the founding of the Republic by a mentally disabled French doctor. The nation would fall apart after his death, with ethnic and religious tensions that had been swept under the rug by Marwhani (who himself was a Balochi and a self-professed Deist) erupted in riots and lynchings across the country. Eventually, foreign troops were forced to move in to stop the chaos.

Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi

Baburid Empire

1st Republic of Hindustan 1923-

Hindustani Empire
(1948-1999) Mahmoud Shah Rahman (House of Babur) [23]

[21] After the signing of the Treaty of New Delhi in 1923, the Republic of Hindustan was formed of the British possessions and the Baburid Empire in the Indian Subcontinent. The first elected president was quick to lay out fundamental laws and quickly got the newborn nation on its feet, despite a rising percentage of the population falling into poverty.
[22] A former Baburid colonel, Marwhani was elected on a populist and vaguely nationalistic platform, as well as a promise to end poverty and abolish the old systems. He would rule for the next twenty years, silencing the opposition ruthlessly and assassinating political opponents. Nevertheless, he is revered by the people of Hindustan for bringing an end to debt slavery and the harems, as well as industrializing the nation. He was assassinated in July 1948 while attending a military parade celebrating the twentieth year of the founding of the Republic by a mentally disabled French doctor. The nation would fall apart after his death, with ethnic and religious tensions that had been swept under the rug by Marwhani(who himself was a self-professed Deist) erupted in riots and lynchings across the country. Eventually, foreign troops were forced to move in to stop the chaos.
[23] With the escalating tensions and rising violence, the former Emperor's fourth son is installed onto the throne, advocating peace and brotherhood. Initially, foreign troops back him up and protect him, but eventually he is able to implement defense initiatives that bring some form of stability to the nation, on its path back to a first world society by the last days of his rule.

Tsao

Banned
Sultans of Delhi

Emperors of Delhi

Baburid Empire

Republic of Hindustan 1923-1949

Hindustani Empire
(1949-1999) Mahmoud Shah Rahman (House of Babur) [23]
(1999-Present) Alauddin III (House of Babur)

[22] A former Baburid colonel, Marwhani was elected on a populist and vaguely nationalistic platform, as well as a promise to end poverty and abolish the old systems. He would rule for the next twenty years, silencing the opposition ruthlessly and assassinating political opponents. Nevertheless, he is revered by the people of Hindustan for bringing an end to debt slavery and the harems, as well as industrializing the nation. He was assassinated in July 1948 while attending a military parade celebrating the twentieth year of the founding of the Republic by a mentally disabled French doctor. The nation would fall apart after his death, with ethnic and religious tensions that had been swept under the rug by Marwhani(who himself was a self-professed Deist) erupted in riots and lynchings across the country. Eventually, foreign troops were forced to move in to stop the chaos.
[23] With the escalating tensions and rising violence, the former Emperor's fourth son is installed onto the throne, advocating peace and brotherhood. Initially, foreign troops back him up and protect him, but eventually he is able to implement defense initiatives that bring some form of stability to the nation, on its path back to a modern state by the last days of his rule.

New List, next poster.

King James IX

Feel free to start another list, anyone that thinks this one is poor.

Tsao

Banned
Alright, since nobody's responding to the Sapa Inca list, here's a new list.

Sultans of Egypt

(1260-1288) Baibars (House of Bahri)