I mean do you know many other angry conservative western Quebec car dealers?
if you replaced quebec with america this photo would help:
0F35FB49-A529-4D14-874F-89AD27757B73.jpeg

Fucking knew it. Bob "Rae Days" Rae was never gonna be PM. XD

Oh come on, it wasn't super obvious. :p

Absolutely amazing update there. Nice to see Dinning and the Tories(?) doing really well. I'm pleasantly surprised to see Reform actually gain seats, however they are appearing like they are becoming a reverse version of the old Socreds and are only one wave election away from annihilation. Its really interesting to see the Liberals get hammered down to their smallest since 1958/1984 without the NDP benefitting. Seeing the Bloc actually gaining in the early 2010s is something I've never seen that much before, though I'm expecting them to contract down in size an the next federal election. Overall a great update @CanadianTory!

I had to rewrite the thing three times, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. I felt as though the NDP supplementing the Liberals has become a bit cliché, as was the implosion of the Bloc. Making it a close three-way between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th a little more unique. Now Gilles Duceppe is Leader of the Opposition, just as he was in 1997.

I'm sure the Reform MP in Saskatchewan is a different Candice Bergen, lol.
What are Rob Ford and Justin Trudeau up to ITTL?

Oh no, it's the same woman. As for Ford and Trudeau, the former is still a city councillor who is running for Mayor, while the later serves in the Quebec provincial arena as Minister of Culture and Communications.

Next up! 2010 Stanley Cup Finals!

Also, interesting results from the polls. I warn you, these may not be the actual slate of candidates who run.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, what's Scheer up to ITTL if you don't mind me asking?

Scheer's just a mild-mannered backbencher at the moment. Still wants to become Speaker of the House, but Dinning and the PMO have consistently put their weight behind MP Bruce Stanton, who is likely to become Speaker now that the Tories hold a majority in HoC. Scheer might end up as a Parliamentary Secretary. Not sure yet.

In Prince Edward Island the Tories continued their achievement, picking up a seat in Charlottetown, while shutting the Liberals out of New Brunswick completely.
File photo of CanadianTory after writing this part:

so_good.jpg

I had to rewrite the thing three times, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. I felt as though the NDP supplementing the Liberals has become a bit cliché, as was the implosion of the Bloc. Making it a close three-way between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th a little more unique. Now Gilles Duceppe is Leader of the Opposition, just as he was in 1997.

Let's go all out on the anti-clichés and have the Conservatives move too far to the left, causing Reform to revitalize, while the Liberals and NDP evenly split the left/center-left vote. All of this, of course, leads to Prime Minister Duceppe trying to run a minority government of the country he's trying to leave.

Let's go all out on the anti-clichés and have the Conservatives move too far to the left, causing Reform to revitalize, while the Liberals and NDP evenly split the left/center-left vote. All of this, of course, leads to Prime Minister Duceppe trying to run a minority government of the country he's trying to leave.

inb4 the Bloc just becomes a national French-language rights party, somehow also winning seats in Ontario and Alberta.