Thank you for reading and I hope you'll enjoy what I have planned! We'll definitely have our alt Christianity councils here, especially given how many major ones haven't happened and there's a lot of room for potential changes.

Thank you for the maps BTW, it's a bit hard to look for ones that go into detail but I'll update it once I get the chance.
No problem! Looking forward to it.

The (alt)Councils could be interesting as there could be some major theological changes here, especially if there are more Iranian influences on Christianity. I could also see a Greek "Church of the West" existing in opposition to the main Persian Church as well.

Even though Mani and Kartir must have hated each other, I like to imagine them bonding over both being sidelined by Shapur’s sudden conversion

Also was Shapur’s decision to conquer the levant a direct consequence of the POD, maybe out of a desire to free the holy land?

The (alt)Councils could be interesting as there could be some major theological changes here, especially if there are more Iranian influences on Christianity. I could also see a Greek "Church of the West" existing in opposition to the main Persian Church as well.
Given how the Orthodox church split from the Roman ones and stuff how like the Greek church seemed to have this nasty tendency of forming heresies, it would be interesting to explore that possibility.
Even though Mani and Kartir must have hated each other, I like to imagine them bonding over both being sidelined by Shapur’s sudden conversion

Also was Shapur’s decision to conquer the levant a direct consequence of the POD, maybe out of a desire to free the holy land?
I'll get into this next chapter but we'll see how the both of them react proper and Shapur learns for the first time how hard this whole conversion thing is gonna be but he'll also have a way of using that on his advantage.

It's a mixture of that as well acquiring what he sees as a somewhat strategic territory as the local Jewish and Christian populations would be more receiving of them and the mostly flat terrain is the perfect place for his army meaning he can defend it well enough in case he needs to attack into Egypt or get attacked from Egypt, Arabia or Syria until he can seed reinforcements.

very good chapter
Thank you!

Watching this timeline I always have liked storys in wich the christian theology develops diferently, also I think that Shapur and his succesors would have to be tolerant of other faiths by necesity of not causing a massive rebelion like the ones the Ummmayad suffer

Watching this timeline I always have liked storys in wich the christian theology develops diferently, also I think that Shapur and his succesors would have to be tolerant of other faiths by necesity of not causing a massive rebelion like the ones the Ummmayad suffer
Thank you for reading! While the Persians will probably still be tolerant(especially towards Jews) they won't tolerate "heresies" which if there was one thing Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians could agree on was that Manicheism was a heresy.

Thank you for reading! While the Persians will probably still be tolerant(especially towards Jews) they won't tolerate "heresies" which if there was one thing Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians could agree on was that Manicheism was a heresy.
[10]: The number Seven has a big importance on Persian mythology even before Zoroastrianism given the gods were said to have created the seven kingdoms to form Iran and the original founder had been aided by seven clans to help him. Consider this one of the many borrowings the Christians will do in order to better sell their religion to the Persians.
In that case, what will the persian church's opinion of the concept of "Yazata" be? Because if it is assimilated into Persian Christian Orthodoxy, is there a chance that gods of other faiths would end up getting 'reinterpreted' as Yazata, like how the church IOTL 'reinterpreted' many pagan gods as being saints?

I agree, in a lot of these Third Century Christian Persia timelines it gets assumed that a Christian Persia means that Christianity would become Irrelevant in the Medterranean. Contrast that to OTL, where, even after Rome converted to Christianity, the religion had still managed to spread far east, including Sassanid controlled Mesopotamia and seemed to have a fairly good chance. ITTL, it's likely the Church of the West would adopt a different doctrine to the Orthodoxy, in order to distance themselves from the latter and avoid persecution, just like the Church of the East IOTL.

In that case, what will the persian church's opinion of the concept of "Yazata" be? Because if it is assimilated into Persian Christian Orthodoxy, is there a chance that gods of other faiths would end up getting 'reinterpreted' as Yazata, like how the church IOTL 'reinterpreted' many pagan gods as being saints?

I agree, in a lot of these Third Century Christian Persia timelines it gets assumed that a Christian Persia means that Christianity would become Irrelevant in the Medterranean. Contrast that to OTL, where, even after Rome converted to Christianity, the religion had still managed to spread far east, including Sassanid controlled Mesopotamia and seemed to have a fairly good chance. ITTL, it's likely the Church of the West would adopt a different doctrine to the Orthodoxy, in order to distance themselves from the latter and avoid persecution, just like the Church of the East IOTL.
Yes, and its still possible that the Roman Empire becomes officially Christian though not guaranteed. It will just obviously be a competing strain of Christianity.

I'll explain this better on the chapter that is focused on a council the bishops will perform in order to "update" the Church, but without going much into spoilers, they'll try to adapt many parts in order to make something that is familiar without being a outright copy.

Honestly that is something that I want to explore too, especially when it comes to contacts with the Germanic peoples and it's spreading towards the Axumites, but religious butterflies alongside some other stuff will result in a very different Roman religion scenario.
Super good timeline! Thank you @Kurd Gossemer for this timeline.
Thank you! Hope you'll stick around for what I'll do next.

Yes, and its still possible that the Roman Empire becomes officially Christian though not guaranteed. It will just obviously be a competing strain of Christianity.
Ah yes, the classic "My version of Christ is correct!" "No! Mine is" to add yet another reason for the Romans and Persians to kill one another.

Ah yes, the classic "My version of Christ is correct!" "No! Mine is" to add yet another reason for the Romans and Persians to kill one another.
Reason to want to kill the greeks romans #127 they follow the teachings of (insert heretic name) perverting the teachings of Yeshu and those must be conquered so correct teeachings could be taugh to their misled people

"Love thy enemy"
Romans & persians:
Uhhhh
Can it be just the woman?
"We do love our enemies! The heretics just don't count is all!"
Reason to want to kill the greeks romans #127 they follow the teachings of (insert heretic name) perverting the teachings of Yeshu and those must be conquered so correct teeachings could be taugh to their misled people
You joke but they really called the romans "Alexander's army" at times because they didnt bother with the difference
Something Im sure the romans would have been very pleased with
Even more ironic considering it was supposed to be a insult given what Alexander did to Persia yet the Romans would love the comparison. "Your disapproval fills me with pride"

Watched! Will be glad to have my antiquity itch scratched again, and I do miss “A Light in the East” so I’m glad to see something of a similar vein arrive.

Watched! Will be glad to have my antiquity itch scratched again, and I do miss “A Light in the East” so I’m glad to see something of a similar vein arrive.
Oh wow, so glad to have you here! Love your works and hope that I can entertain you just as much as you entertained me.

Also, as a general notice to everyone, this TL isn't dead, I just have been utterly busy with college and I do want to work on this again, so expect something in the future