Italy, a Destiny Fulfilled

Also, on a side note, if a Meteor hit the apostolic palace it wouldnt hurt ..

Psh, this is an Italy wank. The powers that be have to direct all metorites and natural disasters at Italy's rivals.

So Buckingham Palace is the first target. :p

Well in my mind(a pretty wicked one I may say), with the idea of making italy a big industrial military and cultural superpower, you would need to get the pope out of the way, and get some liberalist industrialism going on big time, if lets say, a meteor hits it in a specially propicious time, like when a pope is dead and all the cardinals and etc... are in conclave and it falls exacly in the middle of the conclave, blows everything up, the next pope ends up being this open minded liberal that believes this was gods punishement for the churches sins, and decide to take a new apporach, say, making the peoples lives better instead of the church richer and the faith wider, and starts at italy (considering the meteor would only be big enough to damage a part of the palace) and a couple years later, with his support and help, you create the olimpics and start a cultural revolution, give asylum to scientists as long as they promisse to do their science in the service of god and etc... you could have italy go thro insteresting golden age of knowledge and culture ...

But I didnt type that hehehe

Well in my mind(a pretty wicked one I may say), with the idea of making italy a big industrial military and cultural superpower, you would need to get the pope out of the way, and get some liberalist industrialism going on big time, if lets say, a meteor hits it in a specially propicious time, like when a pope is dead and all the cardinals and etc... are in conclave and it falls exacly in the middle of the conclave, blows everything up, the next pope ends up being this open minded liberal that believes this was gods punishement for the churches sins, and decide to take a new apporach, say, making the peoples lives better instead of the church richer and the faith wider, and starts at italy (considering the meteor would only be big enough to damage a part of the palace) and a couple years later, with his support and help, you create the olimpics and start a cultural revolution, give asylum to scientists as long as they promisse to do their science in the service of god and etc... you could have italy go thro insteresting golden age of knowledge and culture ...

But I didnt type that hehehe

Oh ok:p gotta admit, at first i was like WTF!!! (-Catholic:)). But I do like the Idea of an Italian cultural revolution. Itd be great to have Italy on a true world focal point. I do think, however, I can do this in a more effective less barabaric way then having the pope and cardinals die:p

Psh, this is an Italy wank. The powers that be have to direct all metorites and natural disasters at Italy's rivals.

So Buckingham Palace is the first target. :p

I agree! Guaranteed at some point the Brits are gonna stick their nose into Italia, down with Buckingham!

Which makes me think that a Ottoman-italian relationship is even more important to secure the mediterranean sea trade and water security.

Which makes me think that a Ottoman-italian relationship is even more important to secure the mediterranean sea trade and water security.

But if Mr. F. Caesar does what i proposed and builds up the Regina Marina, Italy can have a much more secure hold on the Med. and both the Ottomans and English wont be needed.

But if Mr. F. Caesar does what i proposed and builds up the Regina Marina, Italy can have a much more secure hold on the Med. and both the Ottomans and English wont be needed.

Supermanboy, I intend to have Italy be a world power and not a world recluse. I do however not want Britain interfering in the Med. What I need from Britain is their $ and a good relationship with them so they honor my request to stay out of the Med. That way, I dont have to lose naval power to them in a war and they will stay out and have a strong ally. I dont know how I'll make this Work (suggestions:)) but thats where i plan on going with Britain, without giving too much away

Im still curious however;

As to raise money, you could always seize all the church possessions when Italy conquers the Papal states...not really realistic, I know, but I can't stand the catholic church :D

Is this something that is feasible? Why did Cornelius state it is "not really realistic"? percussions?

The Sandman

Banned
maybe. I'm still thinking about Italy grabbing a piece of the Pie in the Russo-Turkish war, Maybe

Purchase Libya and Tunisia outright in exchange for lending the Ottomans assistance.

Frankly, given that the oil isn't going to be discovered for another fifty years, those territories aren't worth all that much to the Ottomans anyway, especially Libya. And they give Italy the colonies it needs to seem like a real Great Power.

Also, a bit the Italians could go for if they help the Ottomans is Greece.

All comments and suggestions
Ok, guys,
1. [JEALOUSY]This is like Francos TL, so Im not sure he appreciates you guys dictating every step to him?[/JEALOUSY]:D
2. Stop looking at my TL drafts! I liked my original ideas!

Anyway, Italy is still a poor and weak country, so war is NOT a good idea for now.
EDIT: Also, Apostolic Palace? Too much civvy geting into your head? In these parts, we call it the VATICAN. ;)

Ok, guys,
1. [JEALOUSY]This is like Francos TL, so Im not sure he appreciates you guys dictating every step to him?[/JEALOUSY]:D

Anyway, Italy is still a poor and weak country, so war is NOT a good idea for now.
EDIT: Also, Apostolic Palace? Too much civvy geting into your head? In these parts, we call it the VATICAN. ;)

Hahaha I dont mind, its good for ideas! whose looking at your TL drafts!? hehe yes, I agree, keep it to Vatican;)

Ok, guys,

Oh, yea, sorry if I offended you Francesco, its your TL!

"2. Stop looking at my TL drafts! I liked my original ideas!"?? what?

Also, what about a map? I feel good maps on a TL intrigue viewers to come read... Not that I'm dictating anything to you!

Purchase Libya and Tunisia outright in exchange for lending the Ottomans assistance.

Frankly, given that the oil isn't going to be discovered for another fifty years, those territories aren't worth all that much to the Ottomans anyway, especially Libya. And they give Italy the colonies it needs to seem like a real Great Power.

Also, a bit the Italians could go for if they help the Ottomans is Greece.

Sorry I overlooked this post! So your saying help the ottomans against Russia and in return I get Libya and tunisia? That sounds good but I don't get the Greece part (and that's the part I want to get!).

Oh, yea, sorry if I offended you Francesco, its your TL!

"2. Stop looking at my TL drafts! I liked my original ideas!"?? what?
I was joking.;)
And that second bit is describing how many ideas posted in these threads are very similar to ideas I wrote in my TL, but seeing as I havnt postd those ideas yet their originality may be worn down by such comments. It was a joke as well.:D