Italy, a Destiny Fulfilled

What's Germany's relations with Britain, especially in terms of the naval build up? Hell the Italian navy anyway. I would think they'd start to be concerned about Germano-Italian hegemony since they've been kicking everyone around for a while.

Yes, you've nailed it. Thats become the big question on my mind: "How is Britain feeling/ what will they do?" Britain is investing heavily in Italy and they're allied with the Ottomans (right?). No matter, they have lots of money tied into Italian development. Friendship with Italy means friendship with Germany. France is now going to be silent for at least 10 years, so they have no ally to lean on there. I'm the Italian Navy is pretty beaten after the war. Its going to need a lot of rebuilding.

Anyways, to answer your question, I really don't know. I'm kinda waiting for the Russo Turkish war to happen. I think then we should see some evident factions emerge.

Factions i can see are Germany-Italy indefinitely (obviously) and maybe the Ottomans and Britain (right now) opposing Portugal-France-Spain-Russia? Like a Catholic league vs reformed catholic/Muslim league. Anyways, we'll see. I have to get on that soon.

Huzzah, it's back! :D

Interesting development on the UK front. Interested to see where it goes.

Hmmm...Italy now controls Tunisia...interestingly this could easily butterfly the Italo-Turkish war and the seizure of Libya as the Italians ATL possess an actual viable "fourth shore" agricultural colony with a major port...and a very short transport distance. All the main OTL reasons for taking Libya are fulfilled.

Of course they may want to seize it anyway...it's not like logic ever stood in the way of colonial ambitions... ;)

Huzzah, it's back! :D

Yes!
Interesting development on the UK front. Interested to see where it goes.

Hmmm...Italy now controls Tunisia...interestingly this could easily butterfly the Italo-Turkish war and the seizure of Libya as the Italians ATL possess an actual viable "fourth shore" agricultural colony with a major port...and a very short transport distance. All the main OTL reasons for taking Libya are fulfilled.

Of course they may want to seize it anyway...it's not like logic ever stood in the way of colonial ambitions... ;)

Well, If I am correct, Italy took Libya because France had everybody to the west (Algeria) and Britain had everything to the east (Cyprus). Either way, I think France may want Libya in response to Tunisia's fall. From what I can predict, I see France being too weak to take Libya before 1900. Even though Libya is low on resources, I can see Italy taking it and establishing it as a place for Italy's rich/ retired to vacation. It can then have Italy's new economy thrust great investment upon it, establishing banks and Farming in the north, and eventually giving Italy oil. The Florida of the Mediterranean? This could be a possible springboard for TTLs great war..

Eurofed

Banned
Yes, you've nailed it. Thats become the big question on my mind: "How is Britain feeling/ what will they do?" Britain is investing heavily in Italy and they're allied with the Ottomans (right?). No matter, they have lots of money tied into Italian development. Friendship with Italy means friendship with Germany. France is now going to be silent for at least 10 years, so they have no ally to lean on there. I'm the Italian Navy is pretty beaten after the war. Its going to need a lot of rebuilding.

Anyways, to answer your question, I really don't know. I'm kinda waiting for the Russo Turkish war to happen. I think then we should see some evident factions emerge.

Factions i can see are Germany-Italy indefinitely (obviously) and maybe the Ottomans and Britain (right now) opposing Portugal-France-Spain-Russia? Like a Catholic league vs reformed catholic/Muslim league. Anyways, we'll see. I have to get on that soon.

The alliance split you envision here, GE-IT-UK-OE vs. FR-RU-SP-PO, is actually very plausible. At this point in history, Britain is rather focused mainly on its imperial concerns, especially the ongoing "Great Game" rivalry with Russia for the control of the Middle East and Central Asia. Their attitudes towards the new Italo-German wunderkinds shall be entirely predicated on whether they help Britain contain Russian expansion in the Ottoman space or the opposite. German-Italian navies are far too pitiful at this point to be a concern rivaling Russia in British eyes. As it concerns Italo-German victories in the continent, what they did is to cast down France and Austria as the top dogs of Western-Central Europe and raise themselves in their place. It's a quite different balance of power from the post-Napoleonic one, but still a balance of power. Not a threat for British interests.

But Portugal is a Vassal of Britain by Methuen Treaty

Like i said in the tittle, is pretty hard to see Portugal opposing the british(Even the same Adam Smith make that claim about the political advantage of the Methuen Treaty, which give liberty of trade of several textil product in exchange of wine and basing right in portugal, and any ally) but in general, like i said to anaxoras one time: only the anglo-saxons(english and americans) are the only ethich who allow to have a navy(for a critics agains the HSF), in general france make idiots mistake by herself... and TTL will not be the expecption..........

and about the catholic-extemist french.... i feel very out of place, because even with the historical revachist... the propossal of them never before one of their funders(the (in)famous Charles maurras, is only a child), and the historic france was revachist being a practical democracy(and anti-semit, remember dreyfus affair.... because he was an Alsalcian..:cool:)

in general........ i want to see how will be the scramble of Africa, because with italy being 5th rather 8th, power will be very interesting how the british realpolitik clash with deutches realpolitik....................

att

nivek von beldo

P.S. my previous comment was like jimbrock said... a joke... based in the historical social feeling(both the betrail of thr triple alliance, the attack in the alpine front... beny the moose and a long etc) and don't said your tipical defense of idiotic... because if logic work corectly...we aren't do our timelines....:D, and most important... i finished of read an article of Hunter S thomspon and his soul possed me... but i don't retract of my opinion

Of course they may want to seize it anyway...it's not like logic ever stood in the way of colonial ambitions...
I Think Whe need a MAP
The Treaty states that Italy is to gain Nice, Savoy, Corsica, and the French Riviera up to Hyeres. Eastern Algeria from the border with Tunisia up to occupied Oran, and the recognition of France that Tunisia is within the Italian sphere of influence.
]I Think Whe need a MAP

If Italy gets French Riviera, would it be combined with Italian Riviera, making - The Riviera - the Premier Vacation Spot in Europe.

I think this change in Ownership will spur the Corsican Independentists.

IIRC the Algerian coast is more fertile than the Libyan Coast. It also has more Roman Ruins.

?So who owns what, in relation to Suez Shares?

Eurofed

Banned
If Italy gets French Riviera, would it be combined with Italian Riviera, making - The Riviera - the Premier Vacation Spot in Europe.

That's the idea. While French Riviera also has some substantial strategic value, its main benefit to Italy is economic. With it, Italy can basically corner the tourism market for 19th century Europe. Since DiCastagna has worked to develop Italian tourism, the Italian government is aware of the French Riviera's economic value.

I think this change in Ownership will spur the Corsican Independentists.

Good luck to them if they ever try to act on their beliefs. See how Italy dealt with Brigands in annexed Naples and Sicily after the unification to have an idea of the harsh fate that would befell them. In this day and age, they would be seen as desplicable traitors of the nation, and treated accordingly.

IIRC the Algerian coast is more fertile than the Libyan Coast. It also has more Roman Ruins.

Yep. All the more reason why Italy claimed eastern Algeria in the peace treaty.

?So who owns what, in relation to Suez Shares?

At this point, the ownership should be roughly 28% Germany, 28% Italy, 44% Egypt. The victors seized the French majority of shares and divided it between themselves in equal amounts, but the financial crisis that forced Egypt to sell its own shares to Britain cheap has not yet happened.

I Think Whe need a MAP
]I Think Whe need a MAP

I think I agree! The thing is, I can't post maps because I must be the only person that doesn't know how... at least, correctly. I'll consult with Jimbrock and see if He'd be able to edit the first one he made for this TL

That's the idea. While French Riviera also has some substantial strategic value, its main benefit to Italy is economic. With it, Italy can basically corner the tourism market for 19th century Europe. Since DiCastagna has worked to develop Italian tourism, the Italian government is aware of the French Riviera's economic value.

At this point, the ownership should be roughly 28% Germany, 28% Italy, 44% Egypt. The victors seized the French majority of shares and divided it between themselves in equal amounts, but the financial crisis that forced Egypt to sell its own shares to Britain cheap has not yet happened.

All correct. Italy had been rather foreign to the world up until now, causing previous tourism (en mass) attempts to achieve only moderate success. With a new power Italy and huge British and German investment, We can be sure to see the rich (and, in time, the burgeoning middle class) vacation in "The Riviera" (I love that) and to a lesser extent, southern Italy. We can even see the two rival tourists spots compete.