Happy and Glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know of Operation FS by name but I did know the Japanese had plans to occupy the New Hebrides and New Caledonia if Port Moresby was taken.

As you know in the book the Japanese suffer a major defeat at Coral Sea and the Port Moresby convoy gets more or less massacred so they aren't going anywhere.

Thank you, assuming a successful Japanese Midway [which I have said repeatedly with a lot of luck, a better admiral (Nagumo chokes on his morning breakfast?), and worse luck for the Americans (the IJN submarine line gets there sooner or one of the many failed scout planes reaches their destination properly?) makes quite possible] I was never sure whether the Japanese had planned for Port Moresby 2.0 first or else striking immediately for FS instead.

Operation FS was beyond cuckoo-land Japanese planning even compared to MI. It would have been like the US/Aussies trying to take Rabaul (or even Truk) in reverse. New Hebrides was undefended IIRC and Samoa had few defenses but even fewer utilities as a forward base. But the US could have sent no ships at all and the Japanese never had any chance whatsoever of taking New Caledonia.

Very good

Top time line bought book one (twice) due to stupid computer how is no two coming on? Or is it brown bread?

Status
Not open for further replies.