DBWI: America without Canada

Gian

Banned
OOC: Anyone like to comment on what I have for Nova Scotia?

Well, for one Nova Scotia wouldn't have Scottish Gaelic as an official language (besides English and Spanish), plus all those Gàidhealtachds in the north and Cape Breton Island, had Britain kept Canada

((OOC: The Scottish Migrations to Nova Scotia happened as in OTL, but unlike OTL, they kept their culture and language thriving today. Also, Spanish has been an official language since 2007 ITTL due to pressure from Hispanics living there))

But even if they held onto Canada would it be for long? Assume the US isn't up for another war right after the Revolution and thus avoids stirring up the Quebecois how long could the Canadiens be held down?

I think Quebec was a lost cause. I've looked into it and I think a British Canada would not have lasted that long. We might have clung to Oregon more though if the obvious instability of Canada was recognized and maybe tried to deprive the USA and Russia of getting the Pacific North West if we could help it.

And if you butterfly the loyalists moving to Australia and the Cape Dominion and going to Canada instead would that butterfly their obtaining Dominion status? That population influx was a major turning point in those areas histories. Especially as those Dominions in later generations sent lots of troops to help the UK during the various wars that the Empire fought.
I don't want to really get into this kind of controversy but I think the American loyalists moving to the Cape was the best thing that could have happened to it. Considering what the Boer Republic is like just imagine what kind of hellhole the Cape would have become if they hadn't trekked away from it.