Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Playing as Robb stark is ridiculous. On onel ets play, the greyjoys invaded ( easily defeated.) Then the Lannisters ( both armies) captured most of the Riverlands. Then, just as my big-ass army was returning south robb stark died OF OLD AGE AT 18!!!!???? and then Brain dead Edmure Tully STARTED AN INDEPENDENCE WAR AGAINST ME, IN WHICH LANNISTER FORCES DIDNT ATTACK HIM, AND HIS ARMY WAS TWICE THE SIZE OF MINE-despite only 2/3 of the riverlands joining him. Oh and my allies the Freys refused to join me. How do you win as Robb stark???

mowque

Banned
Playing as Robb stark is ridiculous. On onel ets play, the greyjoys invaded ( easily defeated.) Then the Lannisters ( both armies) captured most of the Riverlands. Then, just as my big-ass army was returning south robb stark died OF OLD AGE AT 18!!!!???? and then Brain dead Edmure Tully STARTED AN INDEPENDENCE WAR AGAINST ME, IN WHICH LANNISTER FORCES DIDNT ATTACK HIM, AND HIS ARMY WAS TWICE THE SIZE OF MINE-despite only 2/3 of the riverlands joining him. Oh and my allies the Freys refused to join me. How do you win as Robb stark???

Bend the knee.

Rush to King's Landing and take it before Stannis does.

Bend the knee.

Rush to King's Landing and take it before Stannis does.

Do not do this. You'll get caught between the Iron Throne and Stan, and get crushed.

It's not difficult to win as Robb, at all. Follow these steps:

1. Ditch the Frey. Find a better wife. Marry Margaery as soon as Renly bites the dust. You may need to remove Robb from command temporarily to do this. Tyrell levies help tremendously, but aren't strictly necessary. If Renly and Stan make peace, great they're the Lannister's problem. If not Margaery, Arianne Martell is good, as is Dany if you keep an eye on her and marry her after her widowed-removing event fires. Dany will give you a dragon. Don't try adn tame it without gathering Dragonlore.

2. At the start of the scenario, move an army led by Robb to Harrenhal. Hang out for a few days until Arya shows up (you may need to switch Robb in and out of command if you want to follow step 1).

3. Disband your armies.

4. When you get the DoW from Balon, re-raise your levies. You're now in a defensive war, and can call up more troops.

5. March your entire army north (keeping an eye out for attrition). You have more than enough soldiers to stomp the Greyjoys. They tend to land armies of 10-15k, crush one and Balon will WP out. Crush two or three and he'll surrender (you might want to hold off offering terms to keep the defensive war bonus though). Just keep an eye on the ticking warscore in your war with the IT so it doesn't get too negative.

6. Whilst you're securing the North Tywin will either be losing to the Tyrells (if you married Marg) or wasting time and men besieging castles in the Riverlands. This is why you need to keep an eye on WS.

7. Nine times out of ten Tywin is so busy besieging your castles in the Riverlands that Stannis just rolls in and takes Kings's Landing virtually unopposed. You can then either bend the knee to Stan or carry on fighting. Beating Stannis is relatively easy, as everyone hates him.

8. If Stannis loses, you'll have a harder time of it, but with the defensive-boosted levies it's perfectly doable even if you don't have the Tyrells.

9. If Dany shows up and DoW's you, either bend the knee or hope you get lucky with Dragonslaying.

There's no 'died of old age' tag. You sure it wasn't Ill Health or Infirm?

Do not do this. You'll get caught between the Iron Throne and Stan, and get crushed.

It's not difficult to win as Robb, at all. Follow these steps:

1. Ditch the Frey. Find a better wife. Marry Margaery as soon as Renly bites the dust. You may need to remove Robb from command temporarily to do this. Tyrell levies help tremendously, but aren't strictly necessary. If Renly and Stan make peace, great they're the Lannister's problem. If not Margaery, Arianne Martell is good, as is Dany if you keep an eye on her and marry her after her widowed-removing event fires. Dany will give you a dragon. Don't try adn tame it without gathering Dragonlore.

2. At the start of the scenario, move an army led by Robb to Harrenhal. Hang out for a few days until Arya shows up (you may need to switch Robb in and out of command if you want to follow step 1).

3. Disband your armies.

4. When you get the DoW from Balon, re-raise your levies. You're now in a defensive war, and can call up more troops.

5. March your entire army north (keeping an eye out for attrition). You have more than enough soldiers to stomp the Greyjoys. They tend to land armies of 10-15k, crush one and Balon will WP out. Crush two or three and he'll surrender (you might want to hold off offering terms to keep the defensive war bonus though). Just keep an eye on the ticking warscore in your war with the IT so it doesn't get too negative.

6. Whilst you're securing the North Tywin will either be losing to the Tyrells (if you married Marg) or wasting time and men besieging castles in the Riverlands. This is why you need to keep an eye on WS.

7. Nine times out of ten Tywin is so busy besieging your castles in the Riverlands that Stannis just rolls in and takes Kings's Landing virtually unopposed. You can then either bend the knee to Stan or carry on fighting. Beating Stannis is relatively easy, as everyone hates him.

8. If Stannis loses, you'll have a harder time of it, but with the defensive-boosted levies it's perfectly doable even if you don't have the Tyrells.

9. If Dany shows up and DoW's you, either bend the knee or hope you get lucky with Dragonslaying.

There's no 'died of old age' tag. You sure it wasn't Ill Health or Infirm?

Derp. I meant natural causes, which still meant no sense. Anyway, i did indeed try all these steps. Unfortunately, Renly didn't die ( so no Maegary,) i defeated Tywin at Harrenhal and rescued Arya only to be immediatly curbstomped the Ser Steffons army before i could escape and disband, and with Maegary of the cards I married the Frey girl. Then I marched north and completely crushed the Greyjoys ( killing Asha) before white peacemaking. However, on the march back Edmure, utterly out of the Blue, declared his independence war. I managed to win that using attrition and Guerrilla tactics-but am now left with a mere 8,000 men. I feel that i'm utterly doomed.

So I'm modding a custom religion into the game, but I feel very tempted to just include all the cool things from all religions in it: invasions, incest, raiding, concubines, secular head of religion, etc. Any ideas? Like is there some really obscure branch of christianity I can appropiate?

Last edited:
Reforming the Norse is quite easy in TOG start date.

What about Slav paganism? I'm currently playing as the Rurikovichs and so far what's stopping me is low piety.

He had grandchildren and great grand children! He had children the same age as his grandchildren!!! Though I also like the guy for his character, he was only a youth when his Father the Duke of Tuscany died (ten days in) and his Uncle seized the Duchy from him forcing him into a single province. From there he bided his time and supported his younger brother when he seized the Duchy as also a child, and he was deeply scarred for having to murder his own brother so he had a family complex in that he had many children as possible and never killed any and made sure those who tried to kill each other were punished and those who weren't his family who tried to kill or seize from his family were murdered brutally or overthrown with Italy's autonomous vassal law. Of course eventually he conquered all of the Kiingdom of Italy from his one province so he could give them all something to rule! Though of course he was under the Emperor of Francia and became increasingly bitter when the Emperor and other nobles tried to take titles away from him or his children so he instilled in his heir and grandson Hiddelbert a desire to break from Francia which so far he managed to become the King of Italy! Still under Francia but only for so long...

Sure. I just had to start a few years after the Mongol Start Date...then invade Pest as the as the Golden Horde with a whooping stack of 101.5 Thousand!!!!!

I'm thinking of trying a much harder path.

Also, I suppose I should get the EU3 Converter?

That story is amazing. Developing characters is one of the best points of the game in my opinion

Derp. I meant natural causes, which still meant no sense. Anyway, i did indeed try all these steps. Unfortunately, Renly didn't die ( so no Maegary,) i defeated Tywin at Harrenhal and rescued Arya only to be immediatly curbstomped the Ser Steffons army before i could escape and disband, and with Maegary of the cards I married the Frey girl. Then I marched north and completely crushed the Greyjoys ( killing Asha) before white peacemaking. However, on the march back Edmure, utterly out of the Blue, declared his independence war. I managed to win that using attrition and Guerrilla tactics-but am now left with a mere 8,000 men. I feel that i'm utterly doomed.

Weird. Edmure's normally loyal, sounds like he screwed you. If you beat him and he's locked up, banish him. Your mum will get the Riverlands.

Not sure how Steffon caught you- disbanding is instantaneous.

Anyway, if Renly's alive he and/or Stannis should take KL pretty soon. Tywin and the Lannisters are done for when that happens.

Which Baratheon is in charge? Renly's harder to beat than Stannis. If it's Stan try and hang on, he'll face a bazillion rebellions. If it's Renly, it might be better to submit.

Divorce your wife. You can still keep an eye out for Dany, or one of a dozen better matches.

Seriously, never marry the Frey. You get nothing for it.

So I'm modding a custom religion into the game, but I feel very tempted to just include all the cool things from all religions in it: invasions, incest, raiding, concubines, secular head of religion, etc. Any ideas? Like is there some really obscure branch of christianity I can appropiate?

IKliz1y.jpg

TWO Interesting things

1. the Knights Templar managed to take over ALL of Hungary in a Crusade! Now their is a Grey blob of Catholic Crusaderism sitting in a sea of Pagans XD

2. In my Cuman campaign I may have erred when I wasted my large Retinue trying to push into Persia as now The Saffarids have taken over mostly and even the Samanids are able to recruit more then I can. Amusingly enough though the Khazars, Penchengs, and Boghlurs all pretty much went down in flames of Tengri, Orthodox, Peasent, Usurper Revolts making way to Crimea easy pickings now that I've seized things east of the Volga. My momentum though will be quite slow.

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS
http://www.pcgamesn.com/crusader-kings-ii-rajas-india-preview-eastward-bound
rajasheader.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, the world does have an edge. At least, it does in Paradox’s Crusader Kings II. But rather than it being a great abyss where the land and sea gives way to a terrifying void, it’s actually lined with “under construction” signs and bollards. This building site is poised to move substantially further east, pushing mountains out of the ground and hammering away to create the Indian subcontinent.

“300 new provinces,” says studio manager Johan Andersson, and my mind reels. He’s underplaying it, though. When I eventually sat down on an absurdly comfortable sofa in a thankfully air-conditioned hotel room in Miami to see Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India, lead designer Henrik Fåhraeus adds almost a hundred more provinces to the number. Rajas of India is going to be big. Ambitious, too.

Vast: that was my first impression of Rajas. While many of the provinces in India are small, it’s still a significant chunk of real estate, and the rest of the map has been pushed further east as well. Where once the most easterly provinces of Persia were oddly cut off, not reflecting their historical shape or size, now they are fully formed. This isn’t just an Indian expansion.

But with a name like Rajas of India, the focus is certainly clear. The subcontinent plays host to a Mexican standoff, with three religious groups vying for control amid the smaller dynastic squabbles. It’s a relaxed standoff, though, as the religious tension that sees so many games of Crusader Kings II erupt in holy wars is significantly lower in India. That certainly doesn’t mean there isn’t conflict, however, with the Hindus leading the charge as the most aggressive of the three.

Joining the Hindus are the Buddhists, filled with philosophers and learned folk, the practical benefit of which is nice bonuses to their tech. The third member of the standoff, the Jain, are perhaps the most unusual, especially in a game where a war breaking out is as common as cornflakes for breakfast. They are pacifists: stable, but lacking many opportunities for expansion.

The new religions and cultures bring some of the biggest additions to the constantly evolving Crusader King formula, from a caste system to culture-specific events like reincarnation, where a child will develop similar character traits to an ancestor. Hindu characters can also favour specific deities, and their choice of god is made tangible by particular character traits.

Changing religion is apparently a doddle. Rulers may switch religion freely at least once in their life, giving players a chance to experience the new religions more easily and explore the mechanical benefits and specific abilities of each faith. Conquerors from other lands, like nearby Persia or even distant Europe, can convert to the Indian faiths as well. But if you were to make your Norwegian king convert to Hinduism, you’d start as an untouchable and not be well-liked. Working up to the warrior caste would be a necessity.

India - its topography, flora and fauna - contains some sizable additions as well. A new terrain type, Jungles, dot the landscape, providing defensive bonuses to the armies camped out in them, and wandering those lush areas and elsewhere are war elephants, Rajas’ most flashy new unit. While the use of these beasts in battle had gone out of style in other parts of the world, Henrik informs me, they continued to be a part of warfare in India up until the 17th Century.

Accompanying the expansion is a patch that offers a lot of the content from Rajas for free. The expanded map is available for everyone, and while only those purchasing Rajas will get to play the new Indian cultures, they will still be present in that region for all players. Several other additions will make the next update sizable even if you don’t splash out.

Steam Workshop integration and Steam multiplayer will bring Crusader Kings II in line with Europa Universalis IV. Custom mods will be easier to access and hopefully setting up an online game will involve less faffing around. A borderless window mode is being added to the options too.

One of the most surprising additions is a free mini-expansion. Paradox Development Studio wanted to work on African DLC, but instead they’ve integrated it into the Rajas update. Think of it as a mini-expansion. The Nubian culture has been expanded, and that entire region has been given more depth and character. Decadence, the mechanic introduced in Sword of Islam for Muslim rulers, has also been tweaked, making taking a trip to North Africa well worth your time.

Rajas of India is set to launch in March, and I’m already planning my next outing. Ever since The Old Gods, I’ve been experimenting with the Vikings. In Sons of Abraham I made a Jewish-Viking state, and this time around I’m contemplating Viking India. I spent an entire night planning my trip down from Norway, through the Mediterranean - picking off ports - carving off a slice of Egypt, until I reach the Indian Ocean. Hindu Vikings just sounds right, somehow.

Playing the GOT mod for the first time. Where is a good place to start?

Do you want to play as characters from the books or not?

Because Robert's Rebellion and the Crowned Stag deals with characters such as Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon while they were young, wile War of the 5 Kings and A Feast for Crows are dealing with things happening in the books. All other scenarios only deal with ancestors of the characters from the books.

mowque

Banned
Do you want to play as characters from the books or not?

Because Robert's Rebellion and the Crowned Stag deals with characters such as Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon while they were young, wile War of the 5 Kings and A Feast for Crows are dealing with things happening in the books. All other scenarios only deal with ancestors of the characters from the books.

Want to play as someone fun with a good amount of CBs.

Want to play as someone fun with a good amount of CBs.
The Ironborn have loads of CBs if they win independence. They can also raid. The early Targaryens and Dany have the Dragon invasion CB, though it's ridiculously easy to win all the wars, because dragons kill everything.

Weird. Edmure's normally loyal, sounds like he screwed you. If you beat him and he's locked up, banish him. Your mum will get the Riverlands.

Not sure how Steffon caught you- disbanding is instantaneous.

Anyway, if Renly's alive he and/or Stannis should take KL pretty soon. Tywin and the Lannisters are done for when that happens.

Which Baratheon is in charge? Renly's harder to beat than Stannis. If it's Stan try and hang on, he'll face a bazillion rebellions. If it's Renly, it might be better to submit.

Divorce your wife. You can still keep an eye out for Dany, or one of a dozen better matches.

Seriously, never marry the Frey. You get nothing for it.

Steffon caught me because i didn't want to disband at Harrenhal and lose alot of men. So it tried to get to friendly territory only to be intercepted....

Its Renly i'm facing-hence why no Maegary marriage. And depite having the Reach and the Stormlands, he's losing against Dorne, Crownlands and the Vale-badly.