Civilization: Beyond Earth - The "Great Mistake" and the Future History

One of the Quotes, either from a tech upgrade or something else mentions an Ocean called "Titanic" Possibly the North if it melted?

So I got the game but can't play it at all, because I get a bizarre error. Never had anything like this before.

When the game goes fullscreen, I get a black screen and a grey box bouncing around saying "input not supported". When I tap out to close the game you can see the game menu fine when it's not in fullscreen.

Sounds like the game is trying to run at a full screen resolution your monitor does not support

Go to the options menu and lower it.

This game is amazing, the early game is MUCH improved over V. I love the new tech tree, social policies and quest decisions. WOW! They really did a good job on this one!

More on topic, I like your story, it seems pretty realistic to me!

You can build a Warp Gate later on, depending on your victory path.

I haven't gotten that far yet, so I don't know if there's any interaction fleshed out. Hopefully, but I'm not really expecting it.

Great game so far, very enjoyable.

You can build a Warp Gate later on, depending on your victory path.

I haven't gotten that far yet, so I don't know if there's any interaction fleshed out. Hopefully, but I'm not really expecting it.

Great game so far, very enjoyable.

Building the Emancipation Gate was pretty cool. It was awesome watching Supremacy ANGEL's (giant mechs) walking through the gate every other turn.

Even more awesome was watching the every Purist and Harmony faction declare war on me at the eleventh hour to try and stop me.

Logically, a nuclear conflict would result in a global cooling from ash in the atmosphere rather than a global warming. The only explanation I can think of is that there was a geoengineering attempt to repair the damage from the nuclear war, which backfired.

Logically, a nuclear conflict would result in a global cooling from ash in the atmosphere rather than a global warming. The only explanation I can think of is that there was a geoengineering attempt to repair the damage from the nuclear war, which backfired.

But the cooling effect would be temporary: it would only take a few years (at absolute worse) for the ash to finish clearing from the atmosphere. Climate change, on the other hand, is based on a mix of factors which all take much longer to flush out of the atmosphere and has all sorts of positive feedback loops which can occur. There could have been a number of unstoppable feedback loops which had kicked in by the time the nuclear exchanges started.

But the cooling effect would be temporary: it would only take a few years (at absolute worse) for the ash to finish clearing from the atmosphere. Climate change, on the other hand, is based on a mix of factors which all take much longer to flush out of the atmosphere and has all sorts of positive feedback loops which can occur. There could have been a number of unstoppable feedback loops which had kicked in by the time the nuclear exchanges started.

Do you have any sort of calculations on that? If say the amount of solar radiation was down an average of 10% the effect would be profound. I find your assertion very difficult to believe.