Bush vs. The Axis of Evil - TL

So here is a question I have, in Japan do the LDP ties to the Unification Church ever get revealed?
Even if it were released it would be as easy as saying that it is Chinese propaganda spread only in order to try to force a break between Korea and Japan and that anyone who insists on talking about this issue anyway is a "Chinese bot." Source: It has happened and is happening, although not with these specific actors.

Cold War 2: Electric Boogaloo. I sadly predicted one thing right: Putin's the absolute winner in this mess.

Yeah. This is great times for Putin's Russia and PRC. And speciality Wellstone's semi-isolationist stance helped them greatly and yet in European countries were some useful idiots like Schröder who didn't bother with Russia altough them should had.

But at least in Europe is not war in 2020's. Hopefully COVID-19 is butterflied away or at least managed better.

In fact, I would say that far from being good times for Russia and China, it is a case of "win in the short term and lose in the long term." What they have gained now is all they will ever get, and they now face stronger and more determined opposition than they had in OTL.

Cold War 2: Electric Boogaloo. I sadly predicted one thing right: Putin's the absolute winner in this mess.
Yeah. This is great times for Putin's Russia and PRC. And speciality Wellstone's semi-isolationist stance helped them greatly and yet in European countries were some useful idiots like Schröder who didn't bother with Russia altough them should had.

But at least in Europe is not war in 2020's. Hopefully COVID-19 is butterflied away or at least managed better.
In fact, I would say that far from being good times for Russia and China, it is a case of "win in the short term and lose in the long term." What they have gained now is all they will ever get, and they now face stronger and more determined opposition than they had in OTL.
I'm with Mitridates here. Short-term they've won out, but long-term...
  • Poland has nukes and has formed a bloc inside the EU including the other Visegrad nations and the Baltic members. No way Russia gets to move further West without war.
    • As a corollary to the above, the EU as a whole is considerably more ready to fight, France especially taking the lead here
  • China now has a rearming Japan who has nukes right in their backyard, along with a nuclear-armed Korea.
    • And you can bet that both Japan and Korea will be making friends with other people who don't like China. It was already mentioned how they were getting close to India and Vietnam - I could see a situation where if China tries shoving Vietnam around over the disputed islands, Japanese naval backup arrives.
    • Likewise, Taiwan's now going to have open support from Japan, Korea and America.
So both Russia and China are basically stuck in terms of open expansion. Anything further will be Cold War-style proxy wars.

Last edited:
By the way, I think this how Poland, Japan, and Korea's nuclear weapons delivery look like.

Poland's nuclear arsenal would be most likely to be air-based, delivered by MiGs.

Japan probably has nuclear submarines, plus bombs delivered by aircraft. They are are now probably digging some ICBM sites in the future.

the ROK has the full nuclear triad, also with nuclear-armed submarines, some ICBMs (most are former North Korean rockets, but some like the Naro are and Nuri are actually modern ROK rockets),mobile MRBMs, and aircraft delivered by bombs.

Hey @Sorairo I just wanna say thank you for creating these amazing stories. I first heard of you when I saw the Footprint of Mussolini on AlternateHistoryHubs iceberg video. TFOM is my all-time favorite alternate history story and inspired me to get more active in my community (I am Jewish) I even have the book. alternatehistory.com has been lucky to be graced with your presence. I wish you well in all your future endeavors.

Last edited:
By the way, I think this how Poland, Japan, and Korea's nuclear weapons delivery look like.

Poland's nuclear arsenal would be most likely to be air-based, delivered by MiGs.

Japan probably has nuclear submarines, plus bombs delivered by aircraft. They are are now probably digging some ICBM sites in the future.
any Japanese ICBM site is based from mountains or it is something odd.
the ROK has the full nuclear triad, also with nuclear-armed submarines, some ICBMs (most are former North Korean rockets, but some like the Naro are and Nuri are actually modern ROK rockets),mobile MRBMs, and aircraft delivered by bombs.
Yup.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's even surprising that the United States didn't start screaming when the first rumors came out that Japan was developing nuclear weapons.

I mean, it seems like something you might expect from them: grudgingly tolerate North Korea having nuclear weapons, shrug their shoulders that the former South Korea has them, and rage that Japan does.

Although I guess they realized that it would make them look very bad to get more hysterical about Japan than they ever were about North Korea...

Actually, now that I think about it, it's even surprising that the United States didn't start screaming when the first rumors came out that Japan was developing nuclear weapons.

I mean, it seems like something you might expect from them: grudgingly tolerate North Korea having nuclear weapons, shrug their shoulders that the former South Korea has them, and rage that Japan does.

Although I guess they realized that it would make them look very bad to get more hysterical about Japan than they ever were about North Korea...
Why bother being worried about one of your closest allies? Compared to Poland suddenly unleashing a supposed nuclear arsenal in the face of Russian aggression (which again I think might be alarming but still understandable) its not that surprising and is something American intelligence agencies probably had tabs on the entire time from start to fruition.

I learned that in OTL, Ukraine and Belarus had a UN seat in...1945 due the Soviet Union insisting they get one.

I think even in 2019, Ukraine and Belarus will be still allowed by Putin seats in the UN because this gives the USR extra-loyal votes.

I learned that in OTL, Ukraine and Belarus had a UN seat in...1945 due the Soviet Union insisting they get one.

I think even in 2019, Ukraine and Belarus will be still allowed by Putin seats in the UN because this gives the USR extra-loyal votes.

Unless UN decides that only actually independent countries can have seats and non-independent can be at best observers. But not sure how plausible this is.

Unless UN decides that only actually independent countries can have seats and non-independent can be at best observers. But not sure how plausible this is.
Dont think that would be plausible, otherwise the EU would be considered only one seat as it is as much of a supranational organization as the Eurasian thing is
Thats not to say they are similar at all, as the later is more of a new Warsaw Pact than anything else, but anybody not aligned with the West would argue that if you are to exclude them over this you should also exclude countries from other blocks