Bush vs. The Axis of Evil - TL

• China now has a rearming Japan who has nukes right in their backyard, along with a nuclear-armed Korea.
    • And you can bet that both Japan and Korea will be making friends with other people who don't like China. It was already mentioned how they were getting close to India and Vietnam - I could see a situation where if China tries shoving Vietnam around over the disputed islands, Japanese naval backup arrives.
    • Likewise, Taiwan's now going to have open support from Japan, Korea and America.
I suspect that ASEAN will start to reinvent themselves into a second SEATO with Korea, Japan and the US in again.

I suspect that ASEAN will start to reinvent themselves into a second SEATO with Korea, Japan and the US in again.
Things to consider:

* The overall recovery of economy in the world being slowed because lack of the 2004-2008 resource boom

* Indonesia recovering slower making it focuses inward longer than OTL, making the whole ASEAN reluctant to band together without the biggest reason ASEAN was formed in the first place

Kinda doubtful since Indonesia love their non alignment monicker also a lot of Indonesian people like the Russian more.
Don't forget Bush listening to the Neocons more would pushed the Indonesians more hostile to the Americans.

Probably would be softened when Kim attacked considering the clost ties Indonesians has with Japan, but ultimately would disapproved of Japan and Korea having nukes.

Overall, a lot less pro-West than SBY's Indonesia OTL.

And again, there's a world of difference between "liking Russians more" and "aligning with every single stupid thing DC orders and prioritizing it over your own national interests." Not supporting the second does not necessarily mean that you like the first.

Don't forget Bush listening to the Neocons more would pushed the Indonesians more hostile to the Americans.

Probably would be softened when Kim attacked considering the clost ties Indonesians has with Japan, but ultimately would disapproved of Japan and Korea having nukes.

Overall, a lot less pro-West than SBY's Indonesia OTL.
I mean most of the Indonesia population doesn’t really care about nuke, sure the government probably care, but most people don’t really care, the only thing Indonesia would be piss off about is probably the conclusion of the middle eastern conflict especially the Israel and Palestine conflict. Kinda make it more likely that Megawati would rise as the next president of Indonesia instead of SBY

And again, there's a world of difference between "liking Russians more" and "aligning with every single stupid thing DC orders and prioritizing it over your own national interests." Not supporting the second does not necessarily mean that you like the first.
The weird thing about Indonesia is that they hate communism but love Russia and the Soviet Union believe it or not, Russia kinda a have special place here, I mean just look at online forums talking about Russia military and there is a huge change that some of the commentators or like is from Indonesia

I mean most of the Indonesia population doesn’t really care about nuke, sure the government probably care, but most people don’t really care,
Well, that's what i meant. The post-Soekarno Indonesian government is still nuclear-aversive after all.

Kinda make it more likely that Megawati would rise as the next president of Indonesia instead of SBY
But she did OTL in 2001, after Amien Rais impeached Gus Dur after the latter threatening to disband the parliament for getting in his way too much. Megawati was Gus Dur's VP.

The 2004 Election would be interesting as it has five different candidates OTL. If Megawati did not fire SBY, eliminating one of the candidates, maybe she can win against Wiranto in the 2nd round. Amien Rais is too opportunistic and Hamzah Haz is too Islamist.

The weird thing about Indonesia is that they hate communism but love Russia and the Soviet Union believe it or not, Russia kinda a have special place here, I mean just look at online forums talking about Russia military and there is a huge change that some of the commentators or like is from Indonesia
I mean, we love the Ukrainians too. The Soviet delegate who wanted to bring the National Revolution into UN's attention is from Ukraine SSR, and Khrushchev was the Soviet Premier who developed the deep friendship between Soviet Union and Soekarno's Indonesia. Khrushchev is a Ukrainian.

Last edited:
The 2004 Election would be interesting as it has five different candidates OTL. If Megawati did not fire SBY, eliminating one of the candidates, maybe she can win against Wiranto in the 2nd round. Amien Rais is too opportunistic and Hamzah Haz is too Islamist.
Kinda interesting what a second term of Mega rule would look like,

World Map 2019
Went ahead and made a QBAM map of the world in 2022. Didn't bother with Africa (save Egypt) or most of the Western hemisphere because nothing over there changed.
BVTAOE.png

I know this must be quite dark by I kinda could the Sinai Egyptian be a proto mercenary nation, with their soldiers being hired by the Saudi or other gulf state as mercenaries, Since the Sinai Egypt government probably don’t have that big of a resource to sell

I noticed that the stories seemed to get more local, territory changes become much less, and global events are restricted to reactions (excluding Antartica). In the FOM it was global almost every continent (except of course Antarctica) played a role in the timeline. In DOR outside of Cuba/Anglo North America the story was set almost entirely in the Eastern Hemisphere. In Bush vs Axis of Evil outside Anglo North America the Western Hemisphere was left alone. Most of Africa played no part in any events, Latin America (Hispanic/Lusophone) just reacted to events, and Oceania was constrained to just their relationship with NATO. Even the changes in Europe were minimal compared to the other two.

Went ahead and made a QBAM map of the world in 2022. Didn't bother with Africa (save Egypt) or most of the Western hemisphere because nothing over there changed.View attachment 895307

Brilliant artwork, Doggo.

I noticed that the stories seemed to get more local, territory changes become much less, and global events are restricted to reactions (excluding Antartica). In the FOM it was global almost every continent (except of course Antarctica) played a role in the timeline. In DOR outside of Cuba/Anglo North America the story was set almost entirely in the Eastern Hemisphere. In Bush vs Axis of Evil outside Anglo North America the Western Hemisphere was left alone. Most of Africa played no part in any events, Latin America (Hispanic/Lusophone) just reacted to events, and Oceania was constrained to just their relationship with NATO. Even the changes in Europe were minimal compared to the other two.

Coupled with the length of these three timelines. FoM lasted for 88 years (1932-2020), DoR for 33 years (1989-2022) and BVTAOE for 26 years (1998-2024).

It also indicates Sorairo's slow drift towards moving away from making alt-history timelines and going for writing "localized" novels based on his own interests.

Last edited:
Okay so Footprints was published in 2019 and DOR in 2022 while this was in 2023

This means a 3 years gap that then was reduced to 1, meaning division by 3

Meanwhile the gap between the PODs was 57 in the first and 9 in the second, a division by approximately 6(6.33333333333)

With that in mind we could calculate hypothetical Sorairo TLs that could have existed if he developed an early interest for the genre

Knowing the predecessor of this forum - soc history what if - was founded in 1995 we can figure what the earliest theoretical timeline could have been

2019-2010-1981

Okay that puts the earliest at either 2010 or we go with 95 as that is the earliest we can

Now when would the POD takes place?

Well going by the same logic 1998-1989(9)-1932(57)- 1590(342) - 462 BC (2052)

So either the POD of his earliest possible TL would take place in Antiquity(5th century BC) or during the Early Colonial Era(16th Century) and it would be based on the events of either of these years

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/462_BC

Meanwhile the duration of the last one is seven years less than the second which is 55 years less than the first

Divide 55 by 7 and you get 7.85714285714... which I'll round up to just 7
That means each older TL would get a higher multiple of 7 to its duration
So to FOM's 88 years we would add 385 years, totalizing 473 years for our poor hypothetical Sorairo in his Early Modern TL

While for the Antiquity one we add 2695 years to it, total being 3618 years of TL, ending at the year 3156 AD... Yeah we're not even there yet, so that doesnt make much sense does it? I mean for what we know Sora isnt a time traveler, so
I'd assume it just makes it to the present day

Either of these hypothetical TLs would also be proportionally more dystopic than their follow ups, so the Early Modern one would have its modern day be to FOM's what FOM's is to DOR's modern day, and the Antiquity one would one up it up to eleven

Yeah it gets absurd very quickly

Also all this information is useless!
Like really I dont know why I spent so much time calculating that

But its fine because....thats just a theory

A Sorairo Theory!