Bush vs. The Axis of Evil - TL

President Moon leads a country that is roughly two thirds Christian and about 25% adherent to the Unification Church, however the Moonies have an extremely high fertility rate of on average three or four children, something that greatly outpaces the stagnant birth rate of other Koreans.
Explanation here, is unification church recognized as a Christian denomination within mainstream or is it separate religion?

Explanation here, is unification church recognized as a Christian denomination within mainstream or is it separate religion?
They call themselves Christians, many American evangelicals recognize them as such, but normally people who know their existence and are not part of the two previous groups consider them as a sect with no relation to Christianity. Technically I think they are considered a New Religious Movement.

They call themselves Christians, many American evangelicals recognize them as such, but normally people who know their existence and are not part of the two previous groups consider them as a sect with no relation to Christianity. Technically I think they are considered a New Religious Movement.
On that note, this raises a good question: How have conventional Korean Christians (to say nothing about Korean Buddhists and Shamanists) reacted religiously to the rose of the Moonies.

Sorry all, I was quite sick for a time so I wanted to recover before answering questions.
Is Egypt an Islamic Republic in an outright theocracy sense the same way the old Iranian regime is or is it more a Pakistan situation here? On that note, who has Egypt’s UN seat? Cairo or the Sinai?
More like Iran, though like in Iran the population have rapidly secularised in response. Cairo has the seat in the UN since it controls the vast majority of the country, has the overwhelming support of the Non-Alligned bloc and the Europeans support them due to fears of refugee waves.
And how does the Suez Canal, a contentious conflict between the military dictatorship in the Sinai and the Muslim Brotherhood-led regime affect international shipping as well as maritime traffic?

The canal itself may become a war zone which could lead to a devastating global impact on the world economy in the long run as the Suez is a center for maritime traffic that connects Europe and Asia by way of trading goods or transporting raw materials, assembled and finished goods by ship would be somewhat risky and I guess the canal should be served as a part of the international zone that can be used as a buffer between the two rival claimants to Egypt, just like how Constantinople/Istanbul was considered a 'neutral zone' due to the main maritime traffic for ships that passes through the Bosporus Strait into the Sea of Marmara.
The regional powers threatened to intervene once the lines of control stabilised. Both sides effectively agreed to a meditated deal for an armistice to allow the Canal to repoen, though due to tensions the Canal has occasionally been closed and later reopened since.
Thank you for writing this TTL to the end. Really great job, in my opinion yours best (barely but still; the Death of Russia gave a strong rivalry) story. The only thing I reserve for the whole is the final name of the confederal state of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine - its name is a bit offensive to me towards other Slavic nations. I would prefer something like "the Union of Ruthenian Slavic Republics", " the Union of East Slavic Republics/States" or ,,the Union of Confederated Ruthenian Republics''.
Actually, that's a good idea - looking it up I see 'Yugoslavia' meant the land of the south Slavs so I'd say a 'UESR' - Union of Eastern Slavic Republics' would work. I'll edit the chapter once the post is done
I like this story and thank you Sorairo for making this. I’m still not sure about the logic of Bush being re-elected? The guy who created the circumstances for the rise of China/Russia, now be expected the same messes he made. This is the logic of recruiting the burglar who robbed someone’s house, and expecting him to be able to stop someone else’s thievery. Even though he has no idea how to stop their rise, it was his stupidity that lead to diplomatic isolating his country from most of the world, and he directly killed millions of people in his invasions including women and children (he didn’t even catch the guy who started 9/11). No matter how you sugarcoat it, he’s still a war criminal whose policies were terrible both at home (terrible handling of the economy and tax-cuts for the rich), and abroad (those millions of people). It would have been smarter if they recruited a more intelligent less controversial non-Neo con Republican, but no one in that party apparently had the brains to think of that.

Ultimately I wouldn’t say this a good ending, Wellstone got shafted for the crime of having a terrible vice-president he was forced to accept. Bush is continuing the tradition of warmongering for profits under the guise of “limited intervention”, the arsenal of democracy being as selective in its support of democracy as usual. Putin got everything he wanted from Bush, and is now the most popular Russian president in history. China isn’t going to back down now thanks to the Korean incident, and is now more angry than ever. All the dictatorships in the world, now have more justification then ever to do horrible things to their people. All the dictators have to say now is “At least I didn’t break three countries for oil or was willing to use nukes on a beaten country”. Now there will another Cold War that will undoubtedly kill millions of people, and the Republicans/Democrats will continue it until it’s no longer profitable. This is the best timeline of the three for the common people of the world, and it still pretty dystopian.
It's somewhat like the Democrats winning in a landslide in 64 only for the political winds to turn right back around and see them in an equally devastating landslide only eight years later. Bush in many ways doesn't deserve re-election - he made stupid mistakes, he was reckless and he surrounded himself with malevolent actors. But going into the election, Bush had one thing going for him that made him electable again - a great story. At a time when it was believed that America now needed a tough guy President again, a guy who the dictators would think twice about before making a move, Bush was a war time President who had publicly admitted his mistakes and obviously wasn't in it for the power or pride. It was a compelling comeback narrative that swung Middle America, though Bush was still hated by millions of Americans too, and his election further contributed to polarisation. While Bush almost certainly wasn't the right choice for President, he had a compelling story, and that's worth its weight in gold.
Glad to see Bush Jr. making the greatest political comeback since Nixon in 1968. Thankfully, he no longer has Cheney and the neocons this time around as he realized they manipulated and fooled him. Speaking of which, how are Cheney, Wolfowitz, Perle, Gaffney and even that nutjob Bolton doing at this point? Maybe to ambassadorships in Israel, Iran, or in Korea or better still permanently retired from politics?
Bush ran a million miles away from the Neocons - his emphasis is a mix of Trumanite Containment and Reaganite calculated punches. The Neocons are a fringe factor in his upcoming Administration, which is pretty much the candidates Colin Powell and Condoleeze Rice recommended.
Thank you very much for making that map - pretty much every OTL border change that happened TTL still happened, including South Sudan.
What about the ATL South China Sea/West Philippine Sea dispute led by different President of the Philippines as of 2012?

In terms of space exploration, would the Space Shuttle retire or continue as if Columbia or the STS-107 hadn't struck the bird during the launch which is the main cause of disastrous re-entry if President Wellstone could handle the complexity of the NASA space missions and programs such as the New Horizons or the Crew Exploration Vehicle such as the development of Orion spacecraft? @Sorairo
The Space Program was thrown even further down the pile than it was OTL in light of the deep issues in the US - space travel isn't my speciality but it was the only knock-on effect I could think off.
Great TL, but no President Marshall Mathers?
Might add it in the book.
Among hardcore religious Christians and liberal Christians the Unification Church is recognised as a cult, but among 'politically-aware' institutions that understand the need to deal with different groups, the Unification Church is recognised in the same way Mormonism is. They get good press in the 'Mainstream' Bible Belt due to their helping turn North Korea into a deeply 'Christian' country, as well as having a lot of money to pay for good PR.
On that note, this raises a good question: How have conventional Korean Christians (to say nothing about Korean Buddhists and Shamanists) reacted religiously to the rose of the Moonies.
Before the War they called them a cult, but now they are increasingly careful about what they say, sometimes out of fear for either a crazed follower attacking them or to find the security services are suddenly blackmailing them with evidence they are a 'Red Chinese spy'. The Unification Church is generally pleasant in public ecumenical forums, but while the Church's disturbing record is common knowledge in America, Japan and elsewhere, in Korea the press and mainstream Christian churches have a code of silence with the Church, not poking the bear. While there are more mainstream Christians in Korea than Moonies, the religioisity of the Moonies is far more fervent.

Actually, that's a good idea - looking it up I see 'Yugoslavia' meant the land of the south Slavs so I'd say a 'UESR' - Union of Eastern Slavic Republics' would work. I'll edit the chapter once the post is done
If you want to go full Yugoslavia, Vostokoslavia could be a potential short-form name for the country since Vostokoslavia would mean land of the east Slavs.

many American evangelicals recognize them as such
At least in OTL, American Evangelicals are the group that are the least likely to recognize the Unification Church as fellow Christians, though this might be different ITTL where the UC is much more prominent, like how Sorairo said:
Among hardcore religious Christians and liberal Christians the Unification Church is recognised as a cult, but among 'politically-aware' institutions that understand the need to deal with different groups, the Unification Church is recognised in the same way Mormonism is. They get good press in the 'Mainstream' Bible Belt due to their helping turn North Korea into a deeply 'Christian' country, as well as having a lot of money to pay for good PR.
The same happens IOTL where American Evangelicals appreciate the political views of Mormons as aligning with their own, but still view them as a heretical religion at best, and dangerous cult at worse.

I would also like to say that not recognizing Mormons, Moonies, JWs, etc. as Christians is not exclusive to hardcore fundamentalists, the average Catholics and non-Evangelical Protestants also do not consider these groups to be Christian, but they are just more "polite" in labeling them as such.

BTW, Sorairo, how do the North Korean cities on the ROK-controlled side look like?

A lot less developed, until recently had a lot more petty crime/open prostitution, churches everywhere, every monument of the Kims outside a museum destroyed, still common to see rubble in the rougher edges of towns, replete with South Korean soldiers. Living standards in ROK-run North Korea would be equivalent to 1980s South Korea.

What happened to that village in the DMZ?

I could see post-war it would be turned into an actual village and filled by loyal North Korean refugees who were members of the Unification Church.

I also wonder how anime in this day would have been shaped due to the War on Terror/Second Korean War.

Before the War they called them a cult, but now they are increasingly careful about what they say, sometimes out of fear for either a crazed follower attacking them or to find the security services are suddenly blackmailing them with evidence they are a 'Red Chinese spy'. The Unification Church is generally pleasant in public ecumenical forums, but while the Church's disturbing record is common knowledge in America, Japan and elsewhere, in Korea the press and mainstream Christian churches have a code of silence with the Church, not poking the bear. While there are more mainstream Christians in Korea than Moonies, the religioisity of the Moonies is far more fervent.
And what about Korean Buddhists? Does the same thing as mainstream churches apply to them or are the Moonies getting the most pushback in SK society from them?

I was also thinking of the former JSA at Panmunjom. It was evacuated and then destroyed in the early days of the Second Korean War but has now restored as a museum village. I also can envision a massive monument dedicated to those who served at the DMZ from 1953 to 2002. The last line reads "We kept the peace at all costs."

If you want to go full Yugoslavia, Vostokoslavia could be a potential short-form name for the country since Vostokoslavia would mean land of the east Slavs.
On that note, what would the anthem of Vostokoslavia be? Wide is My Motherland, a Russian version of "Hey, Slavs", or Sovereign Union of Peoples?

Well, I'd say Sovereign Union of Nations is a good nod as well owing to how it has been proposed as the anthem of the Union State of Russia and Belarus IIRC.

True, but the tune of "Sovereign Union of Nations" is identical to Russian anthem, thus UESR would need to have an anthem that doesn't musically exclude non-Russian Eastern Slavs.

Alternates between administrations. The Tudehists are neutral-ish while the Reseurrectionists are more Pro-West and would be a lot harsher rhetorically with the UESR. But it's nowhere near the Saudi emnity.
And the question of what is the UESR anthem?