An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

A more subtle method would be to check if Demetrios has any brilliant kids.Raise one of his better kids to co-emperor status and then sideline Demetrios to being a mere figurehead,before progressively delegating the grandchild increasing power and authority to not only have him trained,but to ensure a smooth succession.Although,it may be good to use the previous idea to establish the point that the senior-emperor can do ANYTHING,including a co-emperor if they prove imcompetent.

A more subtle method would be to check if Demetrios has any brilliant kids.Raise one of his better kids to co-emperor status and then sideline Demetrios to being a mere figurehead,before progressively delegating the grandchild increasing power and authority to not only have him trained,but to ensure a smooth succession.Although,it may be good to use the previous idea to establish the point that the senior-emperor can do ANYTHING,including a co-emperor if they prove imcompetent.

That'll probably take a while, by which time Demetrios can wreak much damage.

That'll probably take a while, by which time Demetrios can wreak much damage.
Maybe it's a good idea to delegate some power(not enough to make a detrimental mistake to the empire,but enough to cause mistake that's obvious to everyone) for Demetrios to make a fine mess and then have it as an excuse to remove him by the senior-empress.

Maybe it's a good idea to delegate some power(not enough to make a detrimental mistake to the empire,but enough to cause obvious mistake) for Demetrios to make a fine mess and then have it as an excuse to remove him by the senior-empress.

Maybe. I'd just slip something in his wine, but she's not Nikephoros redux, so she'll never do that.

Maybe. I'd just slip something in his wine, but she's not Nikephoros redux, so she'll never do that.
You only have to discredit him and then remove him from power,no need to actually kill,exile or imprison him(maybe keeping him under house-arrest may be a good idea though),I doubt she will actually kill her own son if he didn't actually commit any crimes(unlike her older son who actually lead a rebellion).

You only have to discredit him and then remove him from power,no need to actually kill,exile or imprison him(maybe keeping him under house-arrest may be a good idea though),I doubt she will actually kill her own son if he didn't actually commit any crimes(unlike her older son who actually lead a rebellion).

It's just the least messy way hypothetically, not the most plausible.

On second thought, while we've seen Demetrios to be definitely unbalanced, he hasn't done anything bad yet. I'm essentially condemning him to death based on what I think he's going to fuck up in the future, not on anything concrete.

It would be, but Demetrios would need to seriously screw up, as per Darthfanta's plan, and a war probably wouldn't be the best time for such rearrangements.

Maybe our two plans should be synergized, with demetrios proving how much of a screw-up he is, and then someone (of course it won't be his mother) kills him now that their worst fears have been confirmed.

Actually now that b44 knows we are talking about him, you can be sure that Demetrios' life will take an unexpected turn or two.

Or go entirely smoothly and a predictable manner, so as to throw meta-readers off track. (Possibly we just go deeper into detail, or nothing much actually changes).

Also, holy quadruple post.

Now I'm beginning to wonder,why did the Empress choose Demetrios over her older son again?Her older son was at least a capable general.

Now I'm beginning to wonder,why did the Empress choose Demetrios over her older son again?Her older son was at least a capable general.

Because he was a dyslexic warmonger who craved conquest over stability and ruling.
The fact that he started a civil war proves his unworthiness.