Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the idea of this! How large is the Democratic majorities in the Senate, House, and gubernatorial races?
Senate is this
Democrats - 78 Seats (+22) [Dems held SD, FL, LA, and NC but won AK and KY in 2004 for a +2 gain, won TN in 2006, and the only senate race they lose in 2008 is LA due to JNK distancing himself from McCain-Lieberman and Huckabee campaigning a lot for him. There are some alternate Dems in 2008 as well, as Don Siegelman is in AL, Vernon Jones is for GA, Edward O'Reily is for MA, Ronnie Musgrove is for MS Reg, Mike Moore is for MS Spec, Brad Henry is for OK, Phil Bredesen is for TN, Tom Schieffer is for TX, Dave Freudenthal is for WY Reg, and Chris Rothfuss is for WY Spec. Yes, this means the very interesting character known as Bob Conley wins the SC Senate Race and likely runs a primary campaign against Obama to the right in 2012 (Seriously, look him up)]
Republicans - 20 Seats (-22)
Independent - 1 Seat (+-0)
Connecticut for Lieberman - 1 Seat (+-0)

House
Democrats - 379 Seats (+143)
Republicans - 56 Seats (-143)

Governors
Democrats - 31 Governors (+3)
Republicans - 19 (-3)

What I did was shift 9% or so in every state from McCain to Obama as a way of saying that a lot of conservatives stayed home or just didn't vote at all and the downballot results saw the GOP crumble with a 15% shift against them. Yes, this means Mitch McConnell is gone and essentially so is the entire GOP Establishment as Ryan, Boehner, Cantor, Jordan, etc is gone with only McCarthy and Pence in any form of leadership role in the House while Jon Kyl is forced to become leader in the Senate.

EDIT - Here's the 2004, 2006, and 2008 Senate Elections and I have some infoboxes for another TL that I'm planning with a friend on Discord

(Infoboxes are made by @CarlosTheAltHistoryGuy but I made the ones with Carlson)

Bill_Second_2004.png

Tom_Dasche_remains_in_06.png

SlightGOPLoss.png

Carlson1984.png

Carlson1988.png

PresidentCarlson.png

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-04-07 3.20.48 AM.png

A general election was held in the United Kingdom on January 6, 1955. The incumbent Conservative government of Anthony Eden ran for re-election, despite Eden himself having been in office for a mere two months. A strong Liberal campaign enabled the fiercely left wing Aneurin Bevan to win a solid sixteen seat majority, despite gaining a mere 45% of the vote, down from the previous election.

The Shire and its main settlements

(visuals from a Minecraft server Im a builder in)

Shirefobox.png
Shiresettlment.png
Westfarthing.png
Eastfarthing.png
Southfarthing.png

I plan to make an Infobox of the election of the mayor of the Shire/Michel Delving but that would be quite difficult to do, the mayor being simply elected every 7 years at the end of Michel Delving's Free Fair in a process that is not very institutionalized or competitive.

The Mayor of Michel Delving is one of the only officials of the Shire. Hobbits are a simple, pastoral people who have no passion for law or power, no new laws have been enacted in the Shire since the fall of the kings of Arthedain and their independence. In fact, the mayor is mainly a civil servant who holds the positions of Postmaster general and Chief shiriff. (Which are less of a law enforcement force than a bunch of volunteers used to search for lost herds). Samewise Gamgee would become mayor and serve 7 terms after the War of the Ring

The Thain is in a way the head of state, it is a hereditary position created by the Shire-moot when the kings fell to have a leader in emergency situations and to fulfill the functions that the kings practiced for the Shire. In the Shire of course the Thain's main responsibilities are to deliver the opening speeches at official banquets, but he is also Commander-in-Chief of the Hobbitry-in-arms, the closest thing the Shire has to an army that can be mobilized in case of an emergency. (The only battle they fought before the War of the Ring was to defend the Shire against a goblin invasion in 2747 (this battle is mentionned in the Hobbit movies as the one where Bilbo's ancestor invented the game of golf)). The Took family was the effective royal family of the Shire, ruling from their gigantic underground domain in Tuckborough, wich served as the Shire's last bastion during the war of the Ring. Peregrin "Pippin" Took would suceed to his father and become Thain in the early Fourth age

Buckland is a close but distinct Hobbit region that is technically not part of the Shire and thus an independent country. In T.A . 2340, Gorhendad Oldbuck gave up the Thainship and crossed the Brandywine river (and thus the borders hobbits had been granted to create the Shire) with his clan and other families to escape growing overpopulation. Buckland was known for its distinctive culture and customs, which differed from those of the Shire. For example, the Bucklanders were more open to outsiders, less naïve about dangers and less set in their ways than the hobbits of the Shire. They also had a tradition of boat-building. Frodo Baggins grew up in Buckland before being adopted by Bilbo. Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck was the heir of the ruling clan who changed their name. In the Fourth Age King Aragorn would recognise Buckland as part of the Shire.

Last edited:
FKG6r6s.png

A couple years ago I made a graphic examining the National Congress of the United Left, the party's major convention, and its most recent election. At that time, the 2018 congress was contested by most of the party's factions and had elected dark horse Caren Lay from the libertarian left group as its lead candidate; the party went on to achieve a major victory in the general election and form government. In 2022, with the next election on the horizon, the party majority chose to rally around Lay and avoided a heated contest at the National Congress. Even those refusing to join the unity list largely agreed to support her. After Ulla Jelpke's retirement, the Communists put forward firebrand Trotskyist Lucy Redler as their nominee. Ultimately, it was no contest at all: Lay won an overwhelming victory, putting the party in a strong and unified position ahead of the parliamentary elections.

The Shire and its main settlements

(visuals from a Minecraft server Im a builder in)

View attachment 824679View attachment 824674View attachment 824675View attachment 824676View attachment 824677
I plan to make an Infobox of the election of the mayor of the Shire/Michel Delving but that would be quite difficult to do, the mayor being simply elected every 7 years at the end of Michel Delving's Free Fair in a process that is not very institutionalized or competitive.

The Mayor of Michel Delving is one of the only officials of the Shire. Hobbits are a simple, pastoral people who have no passion for law or power, no new laws have been enacted in the Shire since the fall of the kings of Arthedain and their independence. In fact, the mayor is mainly a civil servant who holds the positions of Postmaster general and Chief shiriff. (Which are less of a law enforcement force than a bunch of volunteers used to search for lost herds). Samewise Gamgee would become mayor and serve 7 terms after the War of the Ring

The Thain is in a way the head of state, it is a hereditary position created by the Shire-moot when the kings fell to have a leader in emergency situations and to fulfill the functions that the kings practiced for the Shire. In the Shire of course the Thain's main responsibilities are to deliver the opening speeches at official banquets, but he is also Commander-in-Chief of the Hobbitry-in-arms, the closest thing the Shire has to an army that can be mobilized in case of an emergency. (The only battle they fought before the War of the Ring was to defend the Shire against a goblin invasion in 2747 (this battle is mentionned in the Hobbit movies as the one where Bilbo's ancestor invented the game of golf)). The Took family was the effective royal family of the Shire, ruling from their gigantic underground domain in Tuckborough, wich served as the Shire's last bastion during the war of the Ring. Peregrin "Pippin" Took would suceed to his father and become Thain in the early Fourth age

Buckland is a close but distinct Hobbit region that is technically not part of the Shire and thus an independent country. In T.A . 2340, Gorhendad Oldbuck gave up the Thainship and crossed the Brandywine river (and thus the borders hobbits had been granted to create the Shire) with his clan and other families to escape growing overpopulation. Buckland was known for its distinctive culture and customs, which differed from those of the Shire. For example, the Bucklanders were more open to outsiders, less naïve about dangers and less set in their ways than the hobbits of the Shire. They also had a tradition of boat-building. Frodo Baggins grew up in Buckland before being adopted by Bilbo. Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck was the heir of the ruling clan who changed their name. In the Fourth Age King Aragorn would recognise Buckland as part of the Shire.
Isn't that a tad to far west? The Shire is supposed to be quite a way from the coast IIRC in the books.

Isn't that a tad to far west? The Shire is supposed to be quite a way from the coast IIRC in the books.
Yeah I put the Westmarch (the poorly populated region between proper Shire and Lindon in wich stand Elostirion) as part of the Shire because a few hobbits live there and to have more connected borders but yeah you are right I should have put it in light green like Buckland

Igirisu - A world where the UK slightly resembles Japan
REAL 2059 GE BBC 28.04.59 svg (1).png
REAL 2059 GE 1.png

REAL 2059 GE 2.png

REAL 2059 GE 3.png

2019UKElectionMap.png

Hi all, this is another little idea of mine that's been floating around my head for a while. I've got a lot of ideas but not a lot of concrete lore beyond what you see here, however I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. Also this isn't related to my last post here, I will do more for that at some point in the future but god knows when. Yippee :)

I've been making preliminary preparations to remake SuperMac's Super Majority, so here are the monarchs and heirs in Britain in it.

image.png

Last edited:
Perhaps duke of Gloucester was regent since he was closest on line of succession after princess Margaret whom no one could even think being regent. Probably she even wouldn't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.