Alt Armstrong first step speech

"I'd like to spend a moment to remember all of those people, dead and alive who made this possible, not just the scientists and engineers responsible for these marvellous machines, and our predecessors who tested them, but also to the politicians and citizens who gave us their backing, and to the poets and authors who gave us all the ability to dream, the strive to better ourselves, to all of those people I say thank you."

"Someone lay a wreath on Goddard's grave for me."

"To paraphrase Newton, I've come this far by standing on the shoulders of giants"

Last edited:

Dirk_Pitt

Banned
This, a thousand times. There’s a perfectly good legal precedent, too.

And this, immediately afterward.

Except there's a little problem. That treaty in 1967 that made it illegal for nations to claim heavenly bodies.

Too utopian for my tastes and unrealistic. It'll be repealed someday.

Except there's a little problem. That treaty in 1967 that made it illegal for nations to claim heavenly bodies.

It’s completely psychotic; you’re right. Nothing utopian about it. It’ll be de facto repealed the second the first mining ship lands on the first asteroid.

It’s completely psychotic; you’re right. Nothing utopian about it. It’ll be de facto repealed the second the first mining ship lands on the first asteroid.

No, it will be kept and strictly enforced. Of course by then corporations will rule and it will be their mining ships landing and treaty doesn't apply to them.

"I'd like to spend a moment to remember all of those people, dead and alive who made this possible, not just the scientists and engineers responsible for these marvellous machines, and our predecessors who tested them, but also to the politicians and citizens who gave us their backing, and to the poets and authors who gave us all the ability to dream, the strive to better ourselves, to all of those people I say thank you."

"Someone lay a wreath on Goddard's grave for me."

"To paraphrase Newton, I've come this far by standing on the shoulders of giants"

"Thank Zerak I am finally home I couldn't stand living with those freaks on the third planet another second." Hey Buzz the book your reading is "To Serve Humans" see you at dinner.:eek:

U.S David

Banned
What if he made a confession saying he was gay?

Or that he was communist?

What if he said "Heil Hitler!"

Last edited:
oh shi... (dead silence after that)

what?? what does that grand fenwick flag do here.

and one for the conspiracy loonies:
(forgets mic is open) get that damn stage light off my face...:p

*Munching sound*

What do you think, Buzz? ..... Wensleydale?

thanks wallace :D

An old National Lampoon Radio Hour item:

First astronaut on Mars, upon stepping onto Martian soil: "I wish to take this opportunity to apologize for the crimes committed by my government in..."

Nixon: "Jones, Jones! Cut off that man's oxygen!"

"What the fuck did I just see, is that a Swastika...? AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH! GIMME THE GUN! GIMME THE GUN! NAZI ALIEN ZOMBIES!!!"
*all while camera showing Armstrong panic and go back to the landing module*
*silence - video cut off*

"Workers of the World, Unite. You have nothing to lose but your chains. You have the World to gain."

meanwhile, on the Televisions on Earth:

"We are interrupting the broadcast of the moon landing to inform you that President Richard Nixon has suffered a severe stroke after a massive spike in blood pressure."

"I honestly have no idea what to aspire to now. I'm walking on the ****ing moon! Where do I go from here?!"