AHC: Islamic Scandinavia by 1000

To have an islamic Scandinavia is asb. The norse did not convert to christianity in one day and the process involved several civil wars and Scandinavia wasn't truly christian until the reformation.

I remember reading that a place of sacrifice (blot) was found which showed evidence of regular use up to the 1860s. Thats very close to living memory.

Just an aside.

What about Ahmadiyya?

Not generally considered Muslim, and only founded in the 19th century as already mentioned.

Interestingly enough though, they have their own Caliph, who if I recall is elected.

To have an islamic Scandinavia is asb. The norse did not convert to christianity in one day and the process involved several civil wars and Scandinavia wasn't truly christian until the reformation.

And a Scandinavia that converts to Islam wouldn't have those things?

I remember reading that a place of sacrifice (blot) was found which showed evidence of regular use up to the 1860s. Thats very close to living memory.

Just an aside.

That's somewhat impressive, though I am curious whether the blots held at that point or not had been Christianized in any way. I know some Mesoamericans still more or less have the rituals of their ancestors still going today, merely Christianized versions.

Of course, what would have been more impressive is if the blood up to the 1860's was human or not.

Even without the alcohol thing, there is one other obstacle, Ramadan. When it falls in the midnight summer, they would starve

IIRC modern Muslims living in the Arctic Circle normally keep Ramadan according to either the nearest Muslim country or according to Mecca time, so that is a solvable problem.

And a Scandinavia that converts to Islam wouldn't have those things?
A civil war could occur around Islam, but I feel that calling it a civil war might be a tad far.

Christianity literally surrounded Scandinavia and provided a wealth of money, soldiers and military intelligence from around Europe.

At the most, a house or 2 could convert to Islam. They would have to put up with all the same problems that the pagans did however with even LESS allies nearby.

Hence civil war might be a tad far. An islamic rebellion? Maybe, but anything more than that is going to need ASB to succeed.

Zlorfik

Banned
A civil war could occur around Islam, but I feel that calling it a civil war might be a tad far.

Christianity literally surrounded Scandinavia and provided a wealth of money, soldiers and military intelligence from around Europe.

At the most, a house or 2 could convert to Islam. They would have to put up with all the same problems that the pagans did however with even LESS allies nearby.

Hence civil war might be a tad far. An islamic rebellion? Maybe, but anything more than that is going to need ASB to succeed.
with an islamic rus, possibly also pribaltica, scandinavia isn't totally surrounded by christianity anymore. mostly, but not totally

with an islamic rus, possibly also pribaltica, scandinavia isn't totally surrounded by christianity anymore. mostly, but not totally

In that case sure. I mean you still run into the cultural problems and considering the first russian mass Islamic movement (as I understand it) was in 920 you would have less than 80 years to do it, but in theory if you could make Eastern Europe Islamic then there could be a three way war for the heart of Scandinavia.

Zlorfik

Banned
da
kstati mne kajetsya chto etot timeline skoro sbudetsya ))

anyway
volga bulgaria converted in the early 9th c.

they somehow manage to convince vladimir to convert as well, and accept at least nominally the caliph's authority toward the end of that century. That gives us 10, hah 20 years to islamicize scandinavia.

It's doable, but not easy.
Maybe an islamic varangian prince heads back home to claim one of the thrones