Would the British allow the Germans to take a colony like the Gambia, or parts of the coast of Tanganykia then? Dealing with South Africa is difficult, and I don't realistically see a situation where the French give up anything to the Germans. Maybe they purchase some colonies from Spain (perhaps this leads to L-V supporting whichever side promises them more) or Portugal?
Its entirely possible for Britain to simply hand over a colony they took in 1918 (probably as part of any deal for support in the war to come). Nambia being the only exception because of the South African aspect...
I personally could very much see Britain selling Germany a colony or two under the right circumstances and with the right leader, especially someone like Chamberlain who is generally more conciliatory. Even former German East Africa could be up for grabs--yes, it would break the dream of Cape-to-Cairo, but many in the government likely see the writing on the wall, or at least could sell it on the idea of Germany getting a small stake and helping them complete it.

As for other colonies, there is still the possibility of war to gain Germany African holdings from France, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Britain, or Italy.

It was a war and flying was inherently risky at the time. Franco himself very rarely used aircrafts during the war
True but it was certainly very convenient for him. Also convenient for Spain that the winner was more old fashioned ultra conservative than an actual Nazi. Not that he wasn't still a monster but at least a pragmatic one who kept Spain out of WW2 and (at least in public) moderated his worst antics post war.

Not that he wasn't still a monster, the child stealing wasn't only the tip of the iceberg and Spain would have been much better off if he'd gone under a bus in 1945.

It's not clear what will happen here, a war similar to OTL may see him (or his ITTL counterpart) left in place for much the OTL reasons. If it's an anti communist one that leaves the SU no threat to anyone the allies may pull the plug as they don't need a monster in the name of "anti-communism anymore.

How much has Von Lettow-Vorbeck shot himself in the foot by giving the SPD's momentum to the KPD by banning the KPD and causing all the elements not arrested (or fled to the USSR) to have been reintegrated into the SPD?
Hard to say. I think the real issue, in my mind, is the perception he's conservative and keeps leaning that way, so a lot of the Left is getting worried. He needs to throw a bone their way, like say, not getting too involved in the Spanish Civil War, or something, otherwise, it could get messy.

Quick question regarding Italian Irredentism under Mussolini: Did Italy claim all of Slovenia or only the Western part? I know that IOTL it was partitioned by the Axis Powers, but I've seen mixed writings with Italy just claiming the Littoral or Italy claiming the entirety of it.

I thought it was all of it, you know to get the old roman empire
He didn't really want to restore Rome in that sense, it was more about expanding Italian influence to a point where it was as encompassing as the old Roman Empire.

"Greater Italy" sometimes seems to include all of Slovenia, but sometimes it doesn't, similar to how it sometimes includes the entire Adriatic coast of Yugoslavia, while others it only focuses on the Venetian holdings.

"Greater Italy" sometimes seems to include all of Slovenia, but sometimes it doesn't, similar to how it sometimes includes the entire Adriatic coast of Yugoslavia, while others it only focuses on the Venetian holdings.
Slovenia would be impotent without the area's Italy claims. In case of a Italy vs Yugoslavia 1v1, I'd say Mussolini just takes the lot to take charge of Italianization of the whole. If it's a partition that involves Austria or a country that inherits Austria's claims (obviously Germany) then it follows the IRL partition

Quick question regarding Italian Irredentism under Mussolini: Did Italy claim all of Slovenia or only the Western part? I know that IOTL it was partitioned by the Axis Powers, but I've seen mixed writings with Italy just claiming the Littoral or Italy claiming the entirety of it.
Italy did not really claim Slovenia except for the part already taken in WW1.

Slovenia was never part of the Irredente as our claims generally were more on "there are some italians there/that city was built by italians/ it was controlled by an Italian State in the last 500 years" and it doesn't check any of these categories.

I don't know the specifics on why Mussolini took western Slovenia during ww2, but knowing him it's probably just to look bigger on the map and not letting the germans swallow everything.

Since we are in topic, why does everyone think Mussolini is going to become Europe's boogeyman?
He will never start a war against another Great Power on its own and would most likely negotiate or bow down if it comes to it.

Even in our own TL with the Germans basically in Paris and the British Army escaping by a miracle he almost remained "non-belligerent" and went against the opinion of every single one of his ministers, king and party only because he felt the war was already over.

He liked to bluff, to make himself and Italy look stronger than they were, but sadly for my Country, he was not an idiot, otherwise he would not have ruled a country as unstable as Italy for twenty years.

He got away from the war in Ethiopia nearly unscattered (The embargo was pathetic and actually boosted Italian morale and devotion to Mussolini)
He was of course not a genius (Corfu, the Economy, WW2, etc) but he certainly won't start a war he know he cannot win, focus more on getting rehabilitated in Europe or if he cannot he will strike a deal either with France or the Soviets (the 'Plutocratic Western' Powers were just as much of an enemy as communists and Fascist Italy was also one of the first countries in Europe to recognize the USSR if i'm not mistaken).

Italy will enter a war only if the Soviets or French are in Berlin and not a minute before.

Since we are in topic, why does everyone think Mussolini is going to become Europe's boogeyman?
He will never start a war against another Great Power on its own and would most likely negotiate or bow down if it comes to it.

Even in our own TL with the Germans basically in Paris and the British Army escaping by a miracle he almost remained "non-belligerent" and went against the opinion of every single one of his ministers, king and party only because he felt the war was already over.

He liked to bluff, to make himself and Italy look stronger than they were, but sadly for my Country, he was not an idiot, otherwise he would not have ruled a country as unstable as Italy for twenty years.

He got away from the war in Ethiopia nearly unscattered (The embargo was pathetic and actually boosted Italian morale and devotion to Mussolini)
He was of course not a genius (Corfu, the Economy, WW2, etc) but he certainly won't start a war he know he cannot win, focus more on getting rehabilitated in Europe or if he cannot he will strike a deal either with France or the Soviets (the 'Plutocratic Western' Powers were just as much of an enemy as communists and Fascist Italy was also one of the first countries in Europe to recognize the USSR if i'm not mistaken).

Italy will enter a war only if the Soviets or French are in Berlin and not a minute before.
You are absolutely right in that sense. Mussolini is an opportunist, the sort of man who will take advantage of a situation if it tilts in his favour but not the sort of person to declare a massive, continent-spanning war "just because". In this Italy he will be even more of a mixed-reaction figure than in ours, since he will lack the Hitler association, plus, like I said, he will be responsible for certain territorial enlargments which will stick.

However, opportunism was what got Hitler into trouble. Sure, Mussolini can push the boat out a certain amount and get away with it, but one of the defining aspects of dictators is their tendency to gamble. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose, but the more they win, the bigger they are willing to go on the next round. Mussolini started with Ethiopia, then moved on to Albania. It seems minimal when compared to Austria and the Sudetenland, but Mussolini wiped two countries off the map in the span of a few years, and he had not even moved on to his biggest claims. I do think that Mussolini, when left alone, can be just as much of a danger to himself as Hitler was.

Likewise, Italy is not the only one with plans to conquer and dominate Europe. Sure, Mussolini might make some mistake, or the French might stir things up, but it is also entirely possible that we see something like the Franco-Prussian War where Mussolini is tricked into starting something which he cannot control. As you said, he was cautious, but not a genius.

You are absolutely right in that sense. Mussolini is an opportunist, the sort of man who will take advantage of a situation if it tilts in his favour but not the sort of person to declare a massive, continent-spanning war "just because". In this Italy he will be even more of a mixed-reaction figure than in ours, since he will lack the Hitler association, plus, like I said, he will be responsible for certain territorial enlargments which will stick.

However, opportunism was what got Hitler into trouble. Sure, Mussolini can push the boat out a certain amount and get away with it, but one of the defining aspects of dictators is their tendency to gamble. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose, but the more they win, the bigger they are willing to go on the next round. Mussolini started with Ethiopia, then moved on to Albania. It seems minimal when compared to Austria and the Sudetenland, but Mussolini wiped two countries off the map in the span of a few years, and he had not even moved on to his biggest claims. I do think that Mussolini, when left alone, can be just as much of a danger to himself as Hitler was.

Likewise, Italy is not the only one with plans to conquer and dominate Europe. Sure, Mussolini might make some mistake, or the French might stir things up, but it is also entirely possible that we see something like the Franco-Prussian War where Mussolini is tricked into starting something which he cannot control. As you said, he was cautious, but not a genius.
But there will be no Nazi Germany as a smokescreen, nor Hitler that Mussolini can envy.

Hello,

This being the case, does Mussolini still have territorial plans that he believes could be achieved short of war?
Also, does he still have plans to have his military updated starting in the early 1940s...

But there will be no Nazi Germany as a smokescreen, nor Hitler that Mussolini can envy.
No smokescreen in the same way, but don't be so sure on envy. As for the smokescreen, there will be plenty of other things inflaming the world to serve as distractions.

Hello,

This being the case, does Mussolini still have territorial plans that he believes could be achieved short of war?
Also, does he still have plans to have his military updated starting in the early 1940s...
He does have territorial plans, though his belief in their implementation is still ways away.

As for mechanical specs, those are unfortunately not my field of expertise, so I will leave theorising to people who are deeper into that subject.

Moving slightly off-topic, have we seen what the Dutch are planning in terms of the Dutch East Indies? Because between a less expansionist, aggressive Germany and the potential for Japanese Imperial ambitions throughout the Pacific (side-note: have the Japanese Empire and its plans been covered ITTL yet?), I could actually see the Dutch 1047-plan battlecruisers— the OTL planned “last true battlecruisers”— being laid down, completed, and seeing service if the cards fall right. Which would be very, very cool.

Moving slightly off-topic, have we seen what the Dutch are planning in terms of the Dutch East Indies? Because between a less expansionist, aggressive Germany and the potential for Japanese Imperial ambitions throughout the Pacific (side-note: have the Japanese Empire and its plans been covered ITTL yet?), I could actually see the Dutch 1047-plan battlecruisers— the OTL planned “last true battlecruisers”— being laid down, completed, and seeing service if the cards fall right. Which would be very, very cool.
considering there were also calls for a carrier it might get even cooler
the Netherlands did build ships in this size for example:

The Dutch haven't diverged yet so there hasn't been much reason to focus on them. They are some of the friendliest to the German Republic, though, and are still focusing on quietly building up their colonies with a weather eye on the Japanese and Venezuelans.

As for the Pacific, don't worry, that is coming--oh believe me it is coming. But first we have 22, which focuses on the initial ripples being caused by the new French P.M., and then 23, which will be focused on the Summer Olympics--and don't let the boring theme fool you: Chapter 23 and the ones following it will be the most loaded and dramatic ones thus far, so get excited.

The Dutch haven't diverged yet so there hasn't been much reason to focus on them. They are some of the friendliest to the German Republic, though, and are still focusing on quietly building up their colonies with a weather eye on the Japanese and Venezuelans.

As for the Pacific, don't worry, that is coming--oh believe me it is coming. But first we have 22, which focuses on the initial ripples being caused by the new French P.M., and then 23, which will be focused on the Summer Olympics--and don't let the boring theme fool you: Chapter 23 and the ones following it will be the most loaded and dramatic ones thus far, so get excited.
Au contraire, the political events surrounding the Olympics itself are some of the most interesting stuffs around there in1936.