WWII Hamburg Survivor Suicide-Bombs NYC

On Salon.com, there's an article about how the US drone campaign in Pakistan is producing "blowback" in the form of increased support for terrorism there.

http://www.salon.com/news/terrorism...ature/2010/05/14/terrorism_as_drones_blowback

So let's backtrack "blowback" about 60 years.

How might we get it so a German survivor of the firebombing of Hamburg, which killed orders of magnitude more people than any drone attack, tries to (or successfully) suicide-bombs Times Square in revenge?

This would be sometime after WWII, as counterblitzkrieg pointed out that they could just join the Wehrmacht during the war. Plus it'd be easier to get from Germany to NYC.

Last edited:
The problem is that suicide bombing was relatively unheard of in 1940s Germany. The reason why there's a "blowback" of suicide bombing is because the terrorist organizations like Al-Qaeda and so routinely have suicide bombers. The idea of suicide bombing did not come out of thin air.

If a German person is angry because of the firebombing of Hamburg, they would join the military and/or support the Nazi government more. But I doubt they would try suicide bombing.

Not to mention that Germany at that time already hates America because they are at war with each other. On the other hand, Pakistan don't necessarily hate America given that both nations worked together to curb Al-Qaeda influence in that country which means that public opinion of America differs between each group. The same thing didn't apply for Nazi Germany.

The problem is that suicide bombing was relatively unheard of in 1940s Germany. The reason why there's a "blowback" of suicide bombing is because the terrorist organizations like Al-Qaeda and so routinely have suicide bombers. The idea of suicide bombing did not come out of thin air.

If a German is angry because of the firebombing of Hamburg, they would join the military and/or support the Nazi government more. But I doubt they would try suicide bombing. Not to mention that Germany at that time already hates America because they are at war with each other.

So Yeah...

Okay, let me rephrase that--after WWII ends.

Larrikin

Banned
Salon are confusing the symptom with the disease. The disease is Islam, if it's not drones in Pakistain (intended) it's westerners in Arabia, if it's not westerners in Arabia, it's "uncovered cat's meat" in Bali.

They will always find a surface justification, when in fact it's all laid out in the koran.

Typo

Banned
Salon are confusing the symptom with the disease. The disease is Islam, if it's not drones in Pakistain (intended) it's westerners in Arabia, if it's not westerners in Arabia, it's "uncovered cat's meat" in Bali.

They will always find a surface justification, when in fact it's all laid out in the koran.
in all honestly that's fucking retarded, you probably think brown people deserve to die in callotral damage air strikes too. Because terrorism is a unique Islamic thing. Because nationalists and Christians have never commited acts of terrorism before and have never being used to justify terrorism. It's not because the islamic middle east is the strategic center of the world being contested by the US, Europe, russia, china and india with the local population is resentful of being poor and the subject of foreign interference no. It's because brown people have beliefs that inheriently makes them more likely to blow themselves up.

Seriously in all likehood you are a middle-upper class white person who have little/no interaction with muslims and probably resents Obama for having Hussein as part of his name. Jesus christ it's disgusting. i would call you out for being a troll but I know that you arn't being one

Last edited:
*gasp* BAWWWWH!

Stop, stop it! You are being horribly untolerant and full of biggorty, you´ll offend, make pepople hurt inside emoshonal with your despicable haet and ignuranse*! :mad: :mad: :mad:

you-make-emotional-support-bunny-cry-b.jpg
BAWWW_by_moonybawwwsplz.png

* Matters little that I myself have not even looked into a Quran, of course. I don´t know what these labels I throw around means, only that they allow me to freely dismisse ideas I have decided to reject no matter, believing I successfully hidde my own insecurties that way.

Last edited:

Reported.

Banhammer in 3...2...

in all honestly that's fucking retarded, you probably think brown people deserve to die in callotral damage air strikes too. Because terrorism is a unique Islamic thing.

Um, it is even more retarded to believe that Islam is a race and not a religion, that any attack on it is automatically a racial matter.
There are plenty of "brown people" who are christians and non/muslime in general. Yep, even in the middle-east. Also, there is a number of "white people" who are muslims (at least one from California was caught in Afghanistan and sent to Guantanamo bay).

Seriously in all likehood you are a middle-upper class white person who have little/no interaction with muslims ...

You mean, pretty much like yourself? :rolleyes:

A terrorist is a person with a bomb, but no air force.

Religion lends itself well to justifying killing and suicide bombing. What most people don't knwo though is that a majority fo suicide bombers are Tamils, not muslims. The Tamil Tigers regularly uise suicide bombing at a much larger scale than all the muslims combined, but it is almost never reported, since the targets are not Israeli nor western.

Larrikin

Banned
A terrorist is a person with a bomb, but no air force.

Religion lends itself well to justifying killing and suicide bombing. What most people don't knwo though is that a majority fo suicide bombers are Tamils, not muslims. The Tamil Tigers regularly uise suicide bombing at a much larger scale than all the muslims combined, but it is almost never reported, since the targets are not Israeli nor western.

The LTTE introduced it, but they never used it in anything like the numbers muslims have. Beside's which, that war finished 12 months ago, and the LTTE never struck outside Sri Lanka.

On a larger, more organised scale, Japan's use of kamikazes in WWII was the same thing.

However, muslims have raised it to an art form of hitting civilian targets, including other muslims.

Larrikin

Banned
in all honestly that's fucking retarded, you probably think brown people deserve to die in callotral damage air strikes too. Because terrorism is a unique Islamic thing. Because nationalists and Christians have never commited acts of terrorism before and have never being used to justify terrorism. It's not because the islamic middle east is the strategic center of the world being contested by the US, Europe, russia, china and india with the local population is resentful of being poor and the subject of foreign interference no. It's because brown people have beliefs that inheriently makes them more likely to blow themselves up.

Seriously in all likehood you are a middle-upper class white person who have little/no interaction with muslims and probably resents Obama for having Hussein as part of his name. Jesus christ it's disgusting. i would call you out for being a troll but I know that you arn't being one

Garbage, all of the above. Islam is a politico-religious system with an intention of total world domination. If you want proof, go read the koran, the a hadith and the suras. Have you ever done that?

Then follow the history of islam's expansion and they way it treated non-muslims anywhere it came to power. Not the "European's are evil, oppressive colonialists, muslims are caring sharers" garbage put around in the last 50 years crap, but some real history. Look at what is happening all around the periphery of the modern dar al islam, in places like Sudan, Nigeria, Thailand, Indonesia, the Phillipines etc, and tell me they are attacking us evil white imperialist because of that.

As for know muslims, and islam, I count time spent with muslims from more than a dozen countries, and 40 years of study on the subject as providing a pretty fair knowledge of them - inlcuding regularly having coffee and smokes with my Jordanian neighbour.

I almost certainly have a far broader experience and knowledge of islam and muslims than a good little knee jerk pcer like yourself.

Dang. Should I repost this thread, or come up with a similar topic (a Serb who lost family to a NATO intervention being the perpetrator), since this one seems well and truly derailed?

Leaving aside the whole tread derailment, I belive the 3rd reich totally misundrstund the dynamics of terrorism and laked the infrastructure and ideology to apply it to a war (too specialized in terrorize to submission his own people?).

Bombing London with V2s wasn't particullary scary for an englishman accostumed to the horrors of war, nor was even a proportionate response to the firebombing all across Germany...

Typo

Banned
Um, it is even more retarded to believe that Islam is a race and not a religion, that any attack on it is automatically a racial matter.
There are plenty of "brown people" who are christians and non/muslime in general. Yep, even in the middle-east. Also, there is a number of "white people" who are muslims (at least one from California was caught in Afghanistan and sent to Guantanamo bay).
Don't be thick

Racism is an integral part of the war on terror
You mean, pretty much like yourself? :rolleyes:
no

Garbage, all of the above. Islam is a politico-religious system with an intention of total world domination. If you want proof, go read the koran, the a hadith and the suras. Have you ever done that?
THE JEWISH...I MEAN MUSLIM CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Then follow the history of islam's expansion and they way it treated non-muslims anywhere it came to power. Not the "European's are evil, oppressive colonialists, muslims are caring sharers" garbage put around in the last 50 years crap, but some real history. Look at what is happening all around the periphery of the modern dar al islam, in places like Sudan, Nigeria, Thailand, Indonesia, the Phillipines etc, and tell me they are attacking us evil white imperialist because of that.
What the hell is "real history", what would you define as "real history" and what would you define as "fake history"

As for know muslims, and islam, I count time spent with muslims from more than a dozen countries, and 40 years of study on the subject as providing a pretty fair knowledge of them - inlcuding regularly having coffee and smokes with my Jordanian neighbour.

I almost certainly have a far broader experience and knowledge of islam and muslims than a good little knee jerk pcer like yourself.
lol yeah right

Any system of beliefs, be it nationalism, Christianity, Islam can produce a very very comprehensive system for justifying violence and oppression, be it en masse or individual if you need such a system, the most successful act of terrorism in history was committed by a nationalist for example.

You are simply looking at the Muslim instances of this, mixing it with some general post 9/11 American resentment and convinced yourself that they are unique in that.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Glad I got that point out their. On topic, rather than suicide bombing, why wouldn't it just be a normal bombing, like the attempted times Square thing? I think that is more likely, since suicide bombing is more..modern.