World of the Living Dead

No this isn't about reality TV!
I hear that there is an new squel to the 'Dead' movie, "World of the Living Dead" in the works. It is supposed to be set 3 years after the first infection.
I'm not up on all the details of how the virus stated.
If something like this was to happen today, how would it affect you?
If you weren't infected what would you do?
How long do you think our type of civilization could survive under those circumstances?

Diamond

Banned
Yup, it's called Land of the Dead, it's due out in theaters IIRC Oct 21 of this year, and it stars Dennis Hopper and John Leguizamo, which should be... interesting. :D It's set quite a few years after the initial zombie outbreak, definitely more than three, and takes place in a fortified city.

Interesting bit of trivia from the imdb site about this movie. Among other things:

George A. Romero was so impressed with Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright's Shaun of the Dead that he asked them to appear in this, the fourth part of his "Dead" series, possibly in cameos as zombies.

:D

I'd think if the dead rose as shambling creatures, we'd probably be okay. I feel that the army (not to mention an armed populace) could probably handle the creeps.

Now, if they could move as fast as the living (as in the remake of Dawn of the Dead), we'd probably be screwed...especially as people depicted in the movies could turn to zombies in a matter of seconds...

Diamond said:
Yup, it's called Land of the Dead, it's due out in theaters IIRC Oct 21 of this year, and it stars Dennis Hopper and John Leguizamo, which should be... interesting. :D It's set quite a few years after the initial zombie outbreak, definitely more than three, and takes place in a fortified city.

Its now been moved up to June 24. Apparently, so it won't compete with the movie adaption of DOOM.

Diamond

Banned
Count Deerborn said:
Its now been moved up to June 24. Apparently, so it won't compete with the movie adaption of DOOM.
Works for me. :D Less time to wait. Plus, that means the DVD should be out by Christmas.

How much do you want to bet it's not gonna be as good as the Dawn of the Dead Remake?

But i always liked zombie movies, so why not? :D

Only two and a half months away. yay.

Psychomeltdown said:
How much do you want to bet it's not gonna be as good as the Dawn of the Dead Remake?

A lot. Romero had nothing to do with the new film, and he is directing the new one.