William, the Conqueror had four sons with his wife Matilde of Flanders: Robert II, Duke of Normandy, Richard, William II and Henry I, in OTL Richard ended up dying in a hunting accident in the New Forest, when he collided with a branch pending, probably in 1070 or shortly after, most Robert, William and Henry lived to adulthood. An interesting thing to note is that all of William's children took a long time to get married and have children (in the case of William II he never married), my idea is that between 1070 and 1087 William's children ended up dying, leaving without male heirs at his death in 1087. What would be the effects of this? Would some of William's daughters inherit the throne or would we have a new dynasty crisis ala 1066?

William, the Conqueror had four sons with his wife Matilde of Flanders: Robert II, Duke of Normandy, Richard, William II and Henry I, in OTL Richard ended up dying in a hunting accident in the New Forest, when he collided with a branch pending, probably in 1070 or shortly after, most Robert, William and Henry lived to adulthood. An interesting thing to note is that all of William's children took a long time to get married and have children (in the case of William II he never married), my idea is that between 1070 and 1087 William's children ended up dying, leaving without male heirs at his death in 1087. What would be the effects of this? Would some of William's daughters inherit the throne or would we have a new dynasty crisis ala 1066?

That probably would cause severe succession crisis like Henry I's death without male heir caused in OTL. Not even sure if Normandy would allow female succession so the duchy might return to king of France. But England is another thing. IIRC there was too even members of Anglo-Saxon royal family still alive. And Scotland and Flanders probably would are too intrested to claim English crown.

That probably would cause severe succession crisis like Henry I's death without male heir caused in OTL. Not even sure if Normandy would allow female succession so the duchy might return to king of France. But England is another thing. IIRC there was too even members of Anglo-Saxon royal family still alive. And Scotland and Flanders probably would are too intrested to claim English crown.
The House of Champagne might inherit but they might use England to gain Burgundy as they are the rightful claimants to the Kingdom of Arles.

If England falls into Civil-War between the various Norman factions, we could probably see Edgar Atheling returning to reclaim the English throne.

If England falls into Civil-War between the various Norman factions, we could probably see Edgar Atheling returning to reclaim the English throne.

Also probably still some Godwinsons about. Unsure how much headway they'd be able to make given the Anglo-Saxon aristocracy has been gutted.

I suppose Edgar could call on his brother-in-law in Scotland?

Does the French king have the power to enforce that?

In any case, aren't there other (admittedly sometimes illegitimate) male-line members of the House of Normandy that could make some claim - Counts of Eu, Counts of Evreux, the de Clares.