WI War of 1812

They would have given [New Orleans] back to the US since the war was already over and the peace treaty resetting things to antebellum was already signed.

Except England didn't recognize the Louisiana Purchase. If England had taken New Orleans, they would be in a strong position to say that the territory is still Spanish and the legality of the treaty would probably go to the "Might makes Right" principle. And of course, since Spain is so busy rebuilding, England would happily agree to purchase the territory (or at least put some forts in there to protect it from the evil, expansionist Americans).

They would have given it back to the US since the war was already over and the peace treaty resetting things to antebellum was already signed.

Much like they did with their forts in the NWT and along the great lakes after the ARW they most like would have stayed put for a while. The treaty may have been signed, but in this case I'm not so sure the sword doesn't outweigh the pen. Unless the US put forces into play they most likely could have stalled for a long time. Besides what was there for the battle what forces were there to give them a nudge out?

As for Victory in W1812, I lean to the fact that America got more out of the war. I would say American objectives were met, while the British didn't have to give up anything considering the real issues were just derived from the fighting of Napoleon (Naval seizures and internments) which were done by that time. Going into Canada to force US complaints and resolutions could have been a smart move if properly executed, but New England failed to see the good from it and their decision to 'boycott' the operation doomed it.