WI various rulers' grand visions came to fruition?

Thread inspired by this line from the article on the New Virginia Colony:

Maximilian liked Maury and his idea of inviting Confederates and anyone else to resettle in Mexico and offered land grants to any who would come and stay. Slavery was banned in Mexican law allowed so no settler could bring in any slaves into Mexico. He was also eagerly seeking settlers from Germany, Austria, and France, as part of his strategy to rebuild and Europeanize Mexico

I hear on this forum, from time to time, interesting snippets of what various rulers and tyrants planned on doing with a territory once it was conquered. Years ago, i read that Alexander the Great planned on swapping Eurasian populations around, in order to blur ethnic lines and create a cohesive empire, as well as building great highways between population centers. Its often cited here that Hitler planned to turn Moscow into a lake, etc.

Since everyone here has vastly different expertise, I would hoping people could contribute the other visions that they know of, and perhaps extrapolate on them. It would seem that Maximilian continuing to hold onto Mexico might result in little enclaves of disaffected Americans and Europeans (which, could one day succeed, unite, seek power for themselves, etc..). So, does anyone else know of dreams that have been relegated to the dustbin?