WI there was no hydraulics failure of the Olympic Torch?

When the Olympic torch was being assembled at the opening ceremony, there was a hydraulics failure the first time - and when it was fixed, only 4 of the 5 pillars for the torch were working. So, what if that 5th pillar worked properly?

Onyx

Banned
When the Olympic torch was being assembled at the opening ceremony, there was a hydraulics failure the first time - and when it was fixed, only 4 of the 5 pillars for the torch were working. So, what if that 5th pillar worked properly?

Nobody would Complain?

I loled my ass off when that happened, Gretzky just stood there doing nothing.......

Don't you mean 3 of the 4?

Anyway, butterflies cause WWIII to occur 2 months later leading to the entire extinction of the humans race by nuclear fire.

Er, '96, '00, '04, '06 (yes, really), '08, '12, '20, '24, '28, '32, '36, '48, '52, '56, '60, '64, '68, '72, '76, '80, '84, '88, '92, '96, '00, '04, '08?

If you're referring to one of the Winter Olympic games then I don't think I even care.:D

Dr Evil would be pissed the Canadians destroyed his lair.

OOC: It wouldn't butterfly away that I think it looked like dr Evils lair or that I make such a joke.

Let's see...the sun would have still come up this morning; Starbucks' coffee would still be overpriced; it still would have been cold in Montreal; florists would still have been frazzled trying to fill orders for Valentines' Day...in other words, I can't see a single difference.

Doesn't matter a damn bit anyhow: the Olympics are a showcase for pseudosports (i.e., the judgment based events like figure skating), and infinitely more importantly, they're an unwelcome interruption of the National Hockey League season.