WI the spanish flu didn't disappear

The Spanish Flu killed and infected untold thousands during 1918, it was largely ignored due to the war both in reporting and research. But as suddenly as it arrived, it disappeared.

What if the flu did not disappear, and continued to infect and kill? how many more would it kill, what would it butterfly? Will there be more advancements in technology, where and how many would die if it didn't go away on it's own?

What cities would be impacted worse, which cities would eventually become infected?

People exposed to that strain of influenza were already immune to it. That counts for everyone who had a mild case, up to the sickest that survived. IIRC, some estimates state that 50% of the population were infected in the US and some percentage of the population was immune to it. A second coming might not be as dramatic as the first was, especially since there were strategies that were used in fighting it the first time that were successful that would be implemented immediately to help combat the second round more effectively.

Torqumada

It had two waves, the second being more virulent than the first, but those who had been infected in the first wave were immune second time around.

The problem with Spanish Flu was that it affected young healthy adults most, the older and children normally more susceptible did better, so it was essentially a-typical as far as flu goes.

I guess it could have mutated again into a more virulent form but I think generally resistance would have been greater and greater public health awareness more able to cope.

Natural immunity will help only slightly though, normal flu viruses have fairly high rates of mutation, so it's possible, given say 5-10 years that it could come around again. Government strategies would reduce the toll a fair bit though I imagine.