WI: The Soviets win the Battle of Warsaw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)

Lenin and the Party leadership had said repeatedly that if they defeated Poland, they would move on to Germany (although this was most likely simply posturing). However, this would surely result with at least a crisis for the British, who had an Expeditionary Force in Arkhangelsk supporting the Whites in the Civil War, and most certainly did not want to see more triumphs by the Reds.

Could this lead to more British support for the Whites?

If not, then is Lenin insane enough to attempt an invasion of eastern Germany?

Tell me your thoughts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)

Lenin and the Party leadership had said repeatedly that if they defeated Poland, they would move on to Germany (although this was most likely simply posturing). However, this would surely result with at least a crisis for the British, who had an Expeditionary Force in Arkhangelsk supporting the Whites in the Civil War, and most certainly did not want to see more triumphs by the Reds.

Could this lead to more British support for the Whites?

I doubt the British would want to prop up the Whites at this point because there was little left to prop up. 1919 was the time to offer major help.

If not, then is Lenin insane enough to attempt an invasion of eastern Germany?

Tell me your thoughts!

I suppose he'd be quite happy to co-operate with Germany in the near to medium term. But Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Romania should be very afraid.

Daewonsu

Banned
Poland will likely push back the Soviets one way or another, even if it means getting German help. I don't see the Soviets winning short of a mass breakout of stupidity throughout Europe.

The Red Army was far too stretched and under-supplied in Poland to consider realistically attempting an invasion of Germany. The Polish communists weren't strong enough to quickly organise around the civil war to supply them effectively. However, they would be in a better position to offer material assistance to local communist movements in Hungary, Germany etc.