WI:Russia as a Candian Province

As it says on the tin, how could the entire Russian Empire become a province of Canada? Bonus points if you can somehow justify keeping the Tsar around, and a cookie of your choice if this can be accomplished without ASB intervention. Go at it!;)

(Note:this does include the scenario of making Russia part of the British Empire first, and then it somehow joining Canada later)

Asami

Banned
As it says on the tin, how could the entire Russian Empire become a province of Canada? Bonus points if you can somehow justify keeping the Tsar around, and a cookie of your choice if this can be accomplished without ASB intervention. Go at it!;)

(Note:this does include the scenario of making Russia part of the British Empire first, and then it somehow joining Canada later)

u wot m8???? 0% chance of this, 100% pure Alien Space Bats.

Russia holds onto Alaska. Russia's interests in China and Korea are then intensified. Thus, the Japanese-Russian war is much more intense, and a worse Dogger Bank incident leads to a war. After a while, the inevitable revolution happens, and Russia falls to some group or another. However, the Tsar flees to Alaska, which is now the entire Russian Empire. However, in this world, Britain was at war with Russia, and a British-Canadian army invades Alaska, which up to this point has been the site of nothing more than border skirmishes. Later on, Alaska has been added as the Canadian province of Russia. The Tsar surrendered to Britain, avoiding a bloody extension of the war, and in response Britain acknowledged the Tsar as the Governor-General of Russia, a hereditary title.

u wot m8???? 0% chance of this, 100% pure Alien Space Bats.

Wrong.

Asami

Banned
I'm sorry, but the entire Russian Empire being part of Canada? That's definitely ASB. Cheating by saying "oh the Tsar keeps Alaska and flees it to it" is obviously not what the OP intended. >>

I'm sorry, but the entire Russian Empire being part of Canada? That's definitely ASB. Cheating by saying "oh the Tsar keeps Alaska and flees it to it" is obviously not what the OP intended. >>

othyrsyde's just being cheeky.:p

I'm sure the Alaska scenario works fine.

Anything is possible with a PoD far enough back. An entity known Canada can still annex the area encompassing OTL Russia, though it might speak Persian.

Whitewings

Banned
Not happening. The Russian Empire is simply too great an area to be a Canadian province; it would have become several provinces.

TFSmith121

Banned
I'm thinking a Russia ruled by emigre Venetians with their capital in Crete

And all I get is a Greater White North;)

Best

Not happening. The Russian Empire is simply too great an area to be a Canadian province; it would have become several provinces.

Nonsense. The problem isn't russia being too big, but Canada being too small. You need the Northern United States. I'm thinking something like this:

jesusland-vs-united-states-of.gif

Russia holds onto Alaska. Russia's interests in China and Korea are then intensified. Thus, the Japanese-Russian war is much more intense, and a worse Dogger Bank incident leads to a war. After a while, the inevitable revolution happens, and Russia falls to some group or another. However, the Tsar flees to Alaska, which is now the entire Russian Empire. However, in this world, Britain was at war with Russia, and a British-Canadian army invades Alaska, which up to this point has been the site of nothing more than border skirmishes. Later on, Alaska has been added as the Canadian province of Russia. The Tsar surrendered to Britain, avoiding a bloody extension of the war, and in response Britain acknowledged the Tsar as the Governor-General of Russia, a hereditary title.

I like this one.

othyrsyde's just being cheeky.:p

I'm sure the Alaska scenario works fine.

:p

Nonsense. The problem isn't russia being too big, but Canada being too small. You need the Northern United States. I'm thinking something like this:

jesusland-vs-united-states-of.gif

This is funny, but it's leaning a bit on the contemporary political side for this sub-forum.

Before a Canada vs. Russia hockey match, the Russian leader does a few too many vodka shots and, feeling overconfident, bets his nation's sovereignty on the game's outcome. Russia goes on to lose the game. Perhaps this could happen when Boris Yeltsin is president.

I wonder how a Mediterranean power based on a large island could control even a part of what became modern Russia. Surely an odd Dynasty is needed for such an event.