WI: Ronald Reagan in Casablanca?

Yes, I know that this was just a rumor and that Reagan was never actually considered for the role of Rick Blaine that ultimately went to Humphrey Bogart, but, let's assume that, for whatever reason, Bogart is unable to take on the role, while Reagan is available. How does Reagan in Casablanca, rather than Bogart, change the movie, and what would be the cultural impact from this? Presumably, this would make Ronald Reagan an A-list star, which might butterfly away his political career. Then again, being an A-list star hasn't stopped other people from becoming two-term Republican governors of California.

This was actually a thing in Fringe. In the alternate universe, Reagan did star in Casablanca, though they didn't really explain how.

Back to the original question...

No idea how it'd affect the move, but as to culture, I'd say Reagan certainly becomes a big name in Hollywood, picking up a few top roles over the years (none immediately coming to mind). But eventually, he still goes into politics. Reagan probably still serves as Governor of California as well, with perhaps the increased popularity and public image (coupled with inevitable butterflies over the years) winning him the presidency in 1976.

There remains the question of Casablanca's value had George Raft or Ronald Reagan been cast as Rick.

A bigger question is would Bogart have made "God is my Co-Pilot" into a more memorable movie had he accepted the role, rather than Dennis Morgan, although neither of them could call upon a Georgian accent worth a hill of beans in this crazy world.

Well, one thing that is for sure is that Casablanca would've been worse. No offense to Reagan's acting chops, but Bogart was made for that role.