WI Ron Goldman manages to kill OJ Simpson in self-defense?

PoD: June 12th, 1994

Ron Goldman is a couple of minutes late, and walks in on O.J. Simpson as he is finishing off his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, in the . A struggle ensues, and Ron somehow manages to get the upper hand and kill O.J. Simpson. Being injured in the struggle, he makes it next door and tells the neighbor to call the police.

Effects, anyone?

Ron Goldman is a couple of minutes late, and walks in on O.J. Simpson as he is finishing off his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, in the . A struggle ensues, and Ron somehow manages to get the upper hand and kill O.J. Simpson. Being injured in the struggle, he makes it next door and tells the neighbor to call the police.

Effects, anyone?
well, there's not doubt and besides some tabloids and early news shock, his case will be far more private

I know this might be controversial but wasn’t OJ acquitted? Because if so what do we know of what happened really?

I personally believe he is guilty, but it is still up to debate right?

What would be hilarious is if self-defence cannot be conclusively proven and Goldman is charged with both deaths.

I know this might be controversial but wasn’t OJ acquitted? Because if so what do we know of what happened really?

I personally believe he is guilty, but it is still up to debate right?

True. I am pretty undecided if OJ Simpson really killed his wife but if we accept that he did, there would be lesser of denial over his guiltness. But in other hand it is possible that whole thing is somehow messed up like in OTL.

but OJ Simpson was acquitted so there isn't anything to interrupt..................

( meaning any killing of Simpson would be murder)

but OJ Simpson was acquitted so there isn't anything to interrupt..................

( meaning any killing of Simpson would be murder)
That's not how it works, just because a court of law found him innocent doesn't mean he actually is. Note how a civil court found him guilty of killing both.

Unless this was sarcasm then I'm sorry

Garrison

Donor

Effects, anyone?
Well allowing that OJ was indeed the killer ITTL then it spares a lot of conspiracy theories and probably keeps Mark Furman's career from being derailed, whether that's a good thing or not depends on you point of view. I also wonder if no OJ trial would impact Barry Scheck's involvement with the Innocence Project. They were instrumental in overturning many miscarriages of justice.

Well allowing that OJ was indeed the killer ITTL then it spares a lot of conspiracy theories and probably keeps Mark Furman's career from being derailed, whether that's a good thing or not depends on you point of view. I also wonder if no OJ trial would impact Barry Scheck's involvement with the Innocence Project. They were instrumental in overturning many miscarriages of justice.

And yet one good side effect (probably), no Kardashians.

Hopefully that keeps the slimline dancer's/runner's arse in fashion, instead of the current vogue for silicone-filled whoopie cushions.

That's not how it works, just because a court of law found him innocent doesn't mean he actually is. Note how a civil court found him guilty of killing both.

;-) it was sarcasm

What would be hilarious is if self-defence cannot be conclusively proven and Goldman is charged with both deaths.

Try telling that to Ron Goldman in that scenario.

Unless your justice system is even more fucked up than I thought it was, it is not up to the defendant to prove self-defence. Innocent until proven guilty means that it's up to the prosecution to prove intent.

I now this is splitting hairs but courts do not find people innocent. They are suppose to decide that there is not enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt for responsivity of a crime. The burden if we put a percentage on the prosecutors in a criminal case is much closer to 100% than in a civil case as well.

This is why you can be found guilty in a civil case and not-guilty in a criminal case. Did OJ do it? Maybe but the case of his responsibility was not proven enough to find him guilty.

On the plus side, we probably wouldn’t know the Kardashians exist.
Did the younger generation build on Robert Kardashian's notoriety to make a name for themselves? I never knew how and why they came into the public eye, other than that they were an example of "being famous for being famous."

Did the younger generation build on Robert Kardashian's notoriety to make a name for themselves? I never knew how and why they came into the public eye, other than that they were an example of "being famous for being famous."

I don't remember how exactly Kardashians became famous but probably that older Kardashian's notorious reputation helped. I don't think that Kardashians have done anything to become famous on their own rights.

Yes. Possibly the archetypal example of the rôle of PR in today's (&social/) media landscape.

Don’t forget that Caitlyn Jenner was in the family too and brought a lot of fame from her athletic days.