WI: President Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick thought: Anyone play the game "Rogue Trip 2012"? The idea of Trump as President reminds me of that a bit. If you haven't played the game, war, global warming, social inequality, and crime go nuts, creating a future that's crappy. It's the kind of future like a piece of meat left in the microwave too long to the point where it becomes dried out and tastes like rubber. And a crime figure called "Big Daddy" takes over major areas, making them into amusement parks for those who can afford them, built in the ruins of crumbling civilization (The White House, for example, becomes known as Casa de Blanco, complete with a rump shaking Hillary Clinton advertisement on top). This is his funkadellic theme.

Maybe in the aftermath of a horrific series of events such as nuclear war, and/or run away poverty, social inequality, crime, and global warming (remember when we were scared of all that as imminent in the 90s?) Trump could come to the White House. I quite like that trope: oddly bad series of events allow for odd things to happen.

JoeMulk

Banned
Maybe Trump would run as a Democrat actually. I could see him moving his politics slightly to the left and trying to come off as a Warren Buffet type. Since he has so few principles he would probably do anything to get elected.

Maybe Trump would run as a Democrat actually. I could see him moving his politics slightly to the left and trying to come off as a Warren Buffet type. Since he has so few principles he would probably do anything to get elected.

*Bumpity*

Trump has flip flopped party identity over the years. But he does seem to be Conservative (and has said so), and his main focus seems to be between the Republican party and the Reform and other Independent parties. He was a Democrat for some years after 2000, but said it was because he was friends with Democrats and most of the politicians he knew were Democrats. And I don't think he could ever run as a Democrat with his ideas. I think he'd either be Republican, Reform, or an Independent.

I can't see Trump ever running for office. Once the press starts digging into his four bankruptcies and other embarrassing information he would drop out.

pod pre apprentice tv show (so that he is only regarded for his business exploits not as a general celebrity)

have him run as a democrat against George Pataki for NY governor in 1998... trumps then known views on abortion, gun control and gay rights put him more in line with the democrats anyway. Have him win in the wave that carried schumer coupled with him dogpiling his money on pataki

have him ride the economic boom and challenge w in 2004 and use his experience in international relations and business to say that he is more prepared for the position than anyone who could replace w and that as a new yorker, and NY's governor on 9/11 that he understands the gravity of what needs to be done

no delving into conspiracies or flip flopping either

Clinton was considering seeking the Reform Party nomination in 2000. Under the right circumstances, perhaps he could have won.

Clinton was considering seeking the Reform Party nomination in 2000. Under the right circumstances, perhaps he could have won.
I assume you mean Trump rather than Clinton.

Anyway, he actually did run for the nomination for a time, and won those primaries in which his name was on the ballot. However he eventually withdrew due to the extreme factional conflict that existed within the Party, with politicos like Fulani and Patrick Buchanan trying to justify their membership despite being on opposite spectrum.

Certainly would have made a better candidate than Buchanan however.

Do you mean Trump?

I assume you mean Trump rather than Clinton.

Anyway, he actually did run for the nomination for a time, and won those primaries in which his name was on the ballot. However he eventually withdrew due to the extreme factional conflict that existed within the Party, with politicos like Fulani and Patrick Buchanan trying to justify their membership despite being on opposite spectrum.

Certainly would have made a better candidate than Buchanan however.

Yes, I meant Trump:eek: Not sure why I said Clinton.

The challenge then may be in finding a mastermind of sorts who can get the factions of the party behind Trump. Who might be a suitable running mate? I'm thinking Dick Lamm.

Bump...

And in news today:
"The real estate mogul and television personality, who leads the polls in the race for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, appeared on US news shows to rebut the latest wave of outrage triggered by his off-the-cuff talk"

"leads the polls in the race for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination"

Did I wake up in some kind of ASB parallel Universe this morning!:(

And in news today:
"The real estate mogul and television personality, who leads the polls in the race for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, appeared on US news shows to rebut the latest wave of outrage triggered by his off-the-cuff talk"

unfortunately, this is reality. Let's you know how few rational people are left.

And in news today:

Not only is he leading nationally, he's leading in New Hampshire, Iowa, and South Carolina by a considerable margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.