WI no Louisana Purchase

I was reading the other day and the book touched on the Louisania Purchase; part was a quote from Jefferson to the effect that any state that controlled New Orleans would be the US's permanent enemy.
So, I wondered, what would happen if Boney did'nt sell it? The POD is not important, maybe the US delegates got cold feet, maybe they upset him.
What would happen to a French Louisania in the next round of wars? Would Britain grab it as it did most French colonies? Would the US grab it to forestall the Brits? Butterflies from either?
Apologies if this has been touched on; I found nothing, but that could be my basic skills.

Anaxagoras

Banned
The Americans would probably seize it to prevent it from falling into British hands whenever Britain and France decided to go to war again.

The only two nations that could control it effectively was the USA and the Spanish. Since Spain was on bad relations with France, it makes sense to sell it to the USA.

We did. It's a shame no one bothers to search.
Because the search option is absolute crap.
Either that or I can't work with it.

Even when I know there has been a thread on something, I am still unable to make it pop up in the search option. I found out it is more efficient to look through the list with my old posts.

Because the search option is absolute crap.
Either that or I can't work with it.

Even when I know there has been a thread on something, I am still unable to make it pop up in the search option. I found out it is more efficient to look through the list with my old posts.

The search function is often useless, but scanning five or so pages of threads would be enough to show that this topic already is being discussed.