WI: No Bering Strait

What if, for whatever reason, the 53 mile stretch of sea which separates modern Alaska and Siberia were not covered by water? How would the continued existence of a land bridge impact the development of what would become the native cultures of the Americas, and that of future empires in the region such as those of Russia and Britain? Assuming nothing else in the world is changed but for the sea levels in this particular strait, what would the ramifications be on the course of human history? Would there be further waves of migrant folk making their way into the Americas? Would the Amerindians thus prove more resistant to European diseased in any future Columbian Exchange what with land access to Asia? What effects would this have on the ecology of either continent?

given that its that far north, the access would be rather slim until Chinese explorers decide to follow this chilly wasteland (since it would cut off Oyashio Current it would probably be less cold than OTL but it would still be chilling ... maybe Scandinavian tempratures?), and even then rather spartan since the west coast indians didn't (to the best of my knowledge) have anything worth trading, since they didn't really mined after anything in the mountains

given that its that far north, the access would be rather slim until Chinese explorers decide to follow this chilly wasteland (since it would cut off Oyashio Current it would probably be less cold than OTL but it would still be chilling ... maybe Scandinavian tempratures?), and even then rather spartan since the west coast indians didn't (to the best of my knowledge) have anything worth trading, since they didn't really mined after anything in the mountains
The Chinese didn't explore the Chukchi Peninsula IOTL. I doubt they'd have any more systematic inclination to do it if there were continuous land beyond it.

Lack of a connexion between the Pacific and the Artcic sea would lead to significant changes in oceanic circulation and climate. But im not sure what changes.

Alt geogrpahy is ASB yes.

I agree there wouldn't be much effect early on. IOTL don't the same native peoples live on either side of the straight anyway?

However as we get towards more modern times and assuming no butterflies things could be interesting. This direct link between Asia and America would change how people think of things. Alaska would become part of the Russian mainland, they would be a lot less willing to sell and a lot more eager to expand.
Assuming a super ASB butterfly net from this point on since the impact would become more than butterflies, but assuming an ASB path- the cold war would take on an interesting alternate dimension.