WI: Major fallout over Swiss invasion of Liechtenstein?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6415531.stm

In 2007, the Swiss accidentally invaded the small country of Liechtenstein. However, the diplomatic fallout from the incident was minor compared to another incident in 1985, when the Swiss accidentally set a Liechtensteinian forest on fire with rockets.

How could things relating to the 2007 incident have been changed so that the fallout is worse than 1985? How might the more powerful countries like Germany, France and Britain react if the Swiss make a particularly bad faux-pas?

Baskilisk

Banned
Those countries are just too small, commercial, and pacifistic to upset anyone in that way.
It makes me think of "WI Gandhi was sued for sexual harrasment?"

Unlikely to have much of a reaction from the big countries. Especially considering that Switzerland is legally responsible for the defense of Lichtenstein. At worst, that's taken away.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I imagine that "accidentally invaded" doesn't mean stormed in with tank and machine-gunned villagers, but something rather along the lines of having their troops on exercises cross over the border without realising it. I think only the former case would really excite much international condemnation, and wonder if perhaps the Prince might not just freeze Switzerland's assets...

Best Regards
Grey Wolf