WI: Lithuania unites Russia

If Lithuania defeated Poland Galicia-Volhynia wars and Poland gets annexed by Bohemia after the defeat of Casimir III because they took advantage of Poland's defeat and Lithuania gets Galicia and unites the Rus Principalities how would Lithuania expand, would Lithuania expand to the Balkans or to Siberia just like OTL Russia and would it be Orthodox or Catholic

So many butterflies... Lithuania and Poland were not only ones interested in Galicia - for quite some time it belonged to Hungary, at the time really strong kingdom. Personally I do not think Lithuanians would have been able to conquer it. As far as Lithuanian Russia, it it had happened (and I have my doubts) it would have been almost certainly Orthodox - all Russia was Orthodox already and forcing them to convert to catholicism would have made any unification/conquest much harder.

There is only one place where the Lithuanians could make their capital city in an empire that includes all of the Rus' lands: Kiev. Vilnius is too far away and Muscovy has to be destroyed as to not pose any threat to Lithuania.

There is only one place where the Lithuanians could make their capital city in an empire that includes all of the Rus' lands: Kiev. Vilnius is too far away and Muscovy has to be destroyed as to not pose any threat to Lithuania.

That would be cool, the Lithuanian-Rus state will be called Litva.

Or, you know, Grand Principality of Kiev.

Because Grand Prince of Kiev is a way more prestigious title, and if the capital is getting moved to Kiev, then of course that's what the monarch is going to call himself.

"Lithuania" will end up becoming a periphery province of the great Kievan state.

So it will be like Poland-Lithuanian Union being called Poland.

Not even that. The Lithuaianian Grand Duke is going to claim that he's the rightful Grand Prince of Kiev, Overlord of All Rus.

Although that brings up a question - why didn't Lithuania's Grand Dukes do that OTL?

That would be cool, the Lithuanian-Rus state will be called Litva.
In English it still would be "Lithuania". Latin "Lituania" is from Slavic "Litva", from Lithuanian "Lietuva" there were alternative Latin form "Letua".

Not even that. The Lithuaianian Grand Duke is going to claim that he's the rightful Grand Prince of Kiev, Overlord of All Rus.

Although that brings up a question - why didn't Lithuania's Grand Dukes do that OTL?
Those Lithuanian grand duxes that claimed overlordship of all Rus (AFAIK at least Algirdas) did this on the premise that they control Kiev. But they never considered this title more prestigious.

Or Lietvarus. I'm also thinking of doing that as well.

Ehhhh....Rus' Litovskaya, maybe, or just plain Litva or plain Rus.

Both Litva and Rus are also tribal designations though, and until they merge that might be a slight problem in terms of nomenclature use in official documents and chronicles.