WI: Khruschev Makes It to Disneyland

May I have a link of that thread. I'll post it right now.

EDIT: The magic of photoshop!

Actually caused a tiny squee, look at those dimples! that adorable little smile! the twinkle in his eye combined with the big silly button, that is one contented general-secretary.

Who is most likely to take over after his death? Their reaction might depend a lot on who the next Premier is. But I can't imagine that the USSR will be too happy about it...

Possibly with mushroom crowds over the Magic Kingdom :rolleyes:

On a serious note, Detente would be shattered, especially if a hardliner took over. But at least it would butterfly the Cuban missile crisis away which is always great.

Also I think the means of this ATL Khruschev Death at Disneyland would be significant.

Did he die in a simple ride malfunction? Sad, and a little comical; so little chance of some crazed response from the Politburo.

Did he die alone in his hotel room? Mysterious, and open to massive interpretation; so bigger chance of a angry response.

Possibly with mushroom crowds over the Magic Kingdom :rolleyes:

"In late breaking news people from the mushroom kingdom have swarmed into Disneyland. This unauthorized breech by refugees fleeing a madman named "Mario" resulted in the emergency evacuation of the Soviet leader, Khrushchev."