WI: Hussites triumphant?

Zioneer

Banned
So I'm working on the TL, and I've got a good, basic plan for Eastern (excluding Russia) and Central Europe. But I need help with other parts of Europe.

-I'm having the Pope be distracted by both the Hussites, and an attempt by the Sforza Dukes of Milan to raise one of their own as Antipope. Is there anything else I could do there?
-I want to have Aragon survive as a nation; I'm thinking of having Alfonso V of Aragon be more successful on the Spanish mainland; could he get an alliance with John I of Portugal against Castille? What other methods could he do to keep Aragon a notable power? And of course, this is assuming the Pope is distracted from Spanish affairs.
-Starting in 1424, should there be any large changes butterflied to England and France by the year 1470 or so? I don't know much about them in this period (besides Joan of Arc, of course). Maybe the title of Luxembourg being fought among the French and English after Emperor Sigsimund dies/is deposed/captured?
-So, I was looking up stuff about Brandenburg, and found thisthis guy, and I was wondering if he could take advantage of the chaos of Sigsimund no longer being Emperor. Could he attempt to seize the crown for himself? Could he interfere in a possible Hungarian civil war?
-The Ottomans. How do they deal with the widespread chaos in Central/Eastern Europe?
-How do the Russian Principalities deal with one family controlling or influencing everything from Hungary to Lithuania?
-What should I do with the Hapsburgs in all this?
-Regarding the Holy Roman Empire; if Emperor Sigsimund of Luxembourg dies or is captured in battle and deposed, what happens to the succession? Since he was King of Hungary, could Hungary (especially if prodded by the Hussites) devolve into a civil war?
-What should I do with Venice? If I recall correctly, they were at the apex of their power around this time.

I'm definitely good with Bohemia and Poland-Lithuania though. And I think I've figured out what to do with Hungary and the Teutonic Knights.

Zioneer

Banned
Regarding Hungary. Until 1414 Ladislaus of Naples held a rival claim on the Hungarian throne.

Hmm... My planned PoD is after 1414, so that might not be a viable option. Are their any other Hungarian pretenders at this time? Or would a notable local noble (like John Hunyadi) be a more suitable fit for a player in a civil war?

Hmm... My planned PoD is after 1414, so that might not be a viable option. Are their any other Hungarian pretenders at this time? Or would a notable local noble (like John Hunyadi) be a more suitable fit for a player in a civil war?
The problem is that Ladislaus was succeeded by his 41-year-old childless sister, thus ending the line.

Zioneer

Banned
The problem is that Ladislaus was succeeded by his 41-year-old childless sister, thus ending the line.

Ah. So to fix that problem, I could either have Ladislaus live longer (10-15 years), or have him have a legitimate child that takes the throne around the time of his death? I don't really want to have a second PoD beyond my "nephew of Jagellio takes the throne of Bohemia" PoD, so I'm hesitant to have a second PoD before 1424.

So the Hungarian/Neapolitan branch of the House of Anjou is the only group that has a strong enough claim on the throne of Hungary? There's no other claimants that could try to force their claim to Hungary?

Zioneer

Banned
Bumping this, as I think I've got most everything (for the first few updates) done, but I still need answers to these questions:

So I'm working on the TL, and I've got a good, basic plan for Eastern (excluding Russia) and Central Europe. But I need help with other parts of Europe.

-I'm having the Pope be distracted by both the Hussites, and an attempt by the Sforza Dukes of Milan to raise one of their own as Antipope. Is there anything else I could do there?
-I want to have Aragon survive as a nation; I'm thinking of having Alfonso V of Aragon be more successful on the Spanish mainland; could he get an alliance with John I of Portugal against Castille? What other methods could he do to keep Aragon a notable power? And of course, this is assuming the Pope is distracted from Spanish affairs.
-Starting in 1424, should there be any large changes butterflied to England and France by the year 1470 or so? I don't know much about them in this period (besides Joan of Arc, of course). Maybe the title of Luxembourg being fought among the French and English after Emperor Sigsimund dies/is deposed/captured?
-So, I was looking up stuff about Brandenburg, and found thisthis guy, and I was wondering if he could take advantage of the chaos of Sigsimund no longer being Emperor. Could he attempt to seize the crown for himself? Could he interfere in a possible Hungarian civil war?
-The Ottomans. How do they deal with the widespread chaos in Central/Eastern Europe?
-How do the Russian Principalities deal with one family controlling or influencing everything from Hungary to Lithuania?
-What should I do with the Hapsburgs in all this?
-Regarding the Holy Roman Empire; if Emperor Sigsimund of Luxembourg dies or is captured in battle and deposed, what happens to the succession? Since he was King of Hungary, could Hungary (especially if prodded by the Hussites) devolve into a civil war?
-What should I do with Venice? If I recall correctly, they were at the apex of their power around this time.

I'm definitely good with Bohemia and Poland-Lithuania though. And I think I've figured out what to do with Hungary and the Teutonic Knights.