WI: Hitler killed by mountain goat at Berghof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep in the mountains of Germany, a new army is rising.....
It's 1936. From petting zoos all over Berlin, infiltrators approach the reichstag....

384px-RoyalRegimentWalesGoat_gobeirne.jpg

(Pictured: The goat recieving honourary rank from the British Government)

Deleted member 70671

the mountain gods would be appeased...for a time.

They'd need more wackos sacrificed?
I guess interbellum Europe wouldn't exactly be in a shortage of that... :p

[size=-2]DICTATORS FOR THE HORNED GOD!
TREMENDOUS CONSEQUENCES IN HISTORY FOR THE HIRCINE THRONE!
[/size]

In other news, Stalin slips on some ice while going up a flight of stairs. He fell flat on his face and somehow managed to break his nose and drive it up into his brain, killing him instantly.

The interim Soviet government has declared all stairs and ice to be enemies of the State. Anyone found to be collaborating with either are to be reported immediately.

In other news, Stalin slips on some ice while going up a flight of stairs. He fell flat on his face and somehow managed to break his nose and drive it up into his brain, killing him instantly.

The interim Soviet government has declared all stairs and ice to be enemies of the State. Anyone found to be collaborating with either are to be reported immediately.

"If you want a vision of the future imagine a boot stamping down on a set of stairs. Forever"

Meanwhile, in the mountains near the Polish-Czechoslovako-Romanian Border...

They watched grimly as Beria scribbled his signature across the bottom of the page. When he was done, he tossed the pen aside and held up the paper for an aide to snatch away. "Effective immediately, mountains are the enemy of the state, and are to be purged without fail. Potential sympathizers, such as climbers and downhill skiers are to be sent to work camps on the steppes of Kazakhstan."

Karol Wojtyła, football goalie, hiker, skier, and aspiring actor extraordinaire, was spending yet another one of his weekends to get away from the hustle and bustle of Krakow.

Soon, he came across a couple of border guards on patrol, recognizing one of them as his neighbour.

"Stefan!"

"Karol? What are you doing here? Don't you realize I'm on duty right now?"

"Friend of yours, I suppose?" The soldier's partner asked.

"The two of us go back a long time," Stefan replied.

After several minutes of exchanging pleasantries and catching up and the soldiers complaining about their rations, a crackling sound was heard from the soldiers' portable radio. After hearing the message, the three men stood, pondering the news they have just heard.

"Wow, Hitler's dead, huh?" Stefan muttered.

"I'd say their response was a little too extreme!" Wojtyła exclaimed. "No skiing and hiking? That's outrageous!"

"Hey, at least you still have your football and acting," Stefan replied. "Besides, good riddance! With Hitler dead, one less threat to Poland!"

"Be careful what you wish for, Stefan," Wojtyła warned. "Those Nazis may be vicious, but they're probably the only ones keeping the Soviets at bay."

"Well, if that happens, I'm sure France and Britain will help us." The other soldier commented.

"Have you looked at a map recently and seen where the French and the British are compared to the Soviets?" Wojtyła asked. "With the way they've been giving in to Germany's demands so easily, I'd say I'm actually more worried about an invasion now!"

Meanwhile, the men heard bleating rattling through the mountains. They looked, and saw a mountain goat perched a few dozen metres ahead of them.

"Wow, talk about ominous," commented the other soldier.

"C'mon, it's just a mountain goat," Wojtyła said. "I don't think it'll attack three men huddled together."

Suddenly, the goat turned towards the men, and started snorting and bleating away.

"Umm, Karol, I don't like the way that goat is staring at us..."

As they were looking at at the mountain goat, trying to scare it away, a glint of sunlight from a seemingly impossible angle (no thanks to Wojtyła's wristwatch) shone from its eyes, terrifying the three men.

"It's the spawn of Satan!" The third man exclaimed.

The goat then kicked some dirt with its front hoof.

"I don't want to end up like Hitler!" Wojtyła shouted. "Shoot it!"

As the goat continued kicking some dirt, Stefan clumsily tried to grab the rifle hanging behind him, before dropping it.

"Hurry up! It's after us! Strzelaj! Strzelaj! Strzelaj!"

BANG!

The other soldier picked up the dropped rifle, and shot at the goat, killing it instantly. After a few minutes of frantic panic, Wojtyła finally broke the silence.

"Well, you guys mentioned something about your rations not being that wonderful..."

Status
Not open for further replies.