WI : Hillary married Donald Trump (in 1970s)

Yuelang

Banned
Because... why the hell not thinking about that?

Imagine an alternate timeline with Bill Clinton's repeatedly asked Hillary to marry him in 1974-75 backfired, as she end up grew tired of him and decides to look for someone else.

Next, she has some business that led her to met with a dashing young businessman named Donald J Trump, they begun to date and in 1977, they end up married.

Assume Hillary still keep her interests in politics, and Donald Trump is still Trump... and because Hillary is a politician, somehow they end up maintaining their marriage (or simply get the cupid managed to keep both of them in love).

What will history proceed afterwards?

jahenders

Banned
Because... why the hell not thinking about that?

Imagine an alternate timeline with Bill Clinton's repeatedly asked Hillary to marry him in 1974-75 backfired, as she end up grew tired of him and decides to look for someone else.

Next, she has some business that led her to met with a dashing young businessman named Donald J Trump, they begun to date and in 1977, they end up married.

Assume Hillary still keep her interests in politics, and Donald Trump is still Trump... and because Hillary is a politician, somehow they end up maintaining their marriage (or simply get the cupid managed to keep both of them in love).

What will history proceed afterwards?

This is ASB as Trump is only interested in attractive women and his wives haven't typically been heavily involved in business, politics, or other such.

If they did (somehow) wind up married and she remained interested in politics, he might promote her to a) keep her happy, and b) benefit from some nepotism in NY politics. If so, she'd likely wind up on the NYC city council, NY legislature, etc. We'd likely never hear of her. She got where she is in politics because she married a guy (Bill) who happened to luck into the job of governor and then president. That's why she stayed with Bill despite his numerous shenanigans and affairs, with its attendant humiliation for her -- proximity to power.

The two seem ambitious enough for me , I think they influence the political career of a child as it were(Donald Trump Jr ?), while Bill Clinton becomes a controversial TV presenter and has multiple marriages frustrated, to marry Melania Knauss model can .... ASB be but it would be a fun TL to see.

Without her marriage she stays in Washington D.C. for much longer. That was her choice when she married Bill. Marry Clinton and head to Arkansas or develop her career in D.C. If she had gone the other way I'd expect her to remain in the world of Congressional Staff for awhile. I don't know if she would end up running for office or where she'd run. But Hillary Without Bill is going to be much more a creature of D.C. than she was in the 1970's and 1980's that happened.

Hillary Rodham was way too much of a feminist in the 1970s to have married Donald Trump who was/is too much of a chauvinist to even give 1970s Hillary a second look. They wouldn't have even made it past dinner on a first date (which would've needed to have been a blind date).

Edit:
What would be an interesting timeline and a more realistic one is if Hillary Rodham had married Bernie Sanders in the late 1960s or 1970s.

Last edited:
Well there is that old joke of how between the election and the inauguration the Clintons decide they need some alone time so the slip away from the secret service and go for a drive. To keep a low profile they stick to the back road and don't stop for fuel until final the tanks almost empty so they have to pull into a little back woods gas station Bill goes into hat pulled down and sunglasses. When he gets back to car Hillary is all scrunched down in her seat when he asks her why she tell him that that she recognized the clerk as the guy she used to date before she met him. With a grin Bill says imagine where you would be now if you had stuck with him.
Quick as flash Hillary says I'd be married to the President elect.

Assuming this somehow does happen (others have pointed out that it's unlikely) I think Clinton would get into politics earlier.

Well maybe it would be like one of those rom-coms where two complete opposites at first hate each other but eventually fall for each other. Maybe Hillary ends up working for a congressman from NYC and ends up spending a lot of time around Trump due to some kind of business thingy. Maybe the congressman opposes one of trump's building ideas. Trump had some sort of ethics violations accusation thingy going on in the late 1970s, didn't he? In such a scenario maybe they would be drawn to each others' aggressive determination for power, wealth and success. I can see Hillary eventually becoming the mayor of NYC, and it's not improbable to imagine that, like Bill, Trump would have affairs behind Hillary's back... ...It's all not probable, but not impossible...

Last edited: