WI: Henry VIII killed in 1513

But after Flodden, say late September.

So we have Margaret as heir, but Scotland isn't necessarily in a position to support her.

However, Catherine is pregnant, with a stillbirth or similar in October/November. Is England averse to pulling a John the Posthumous?

Richard de la Pole is floating around in exile, his elder brother Edmund Duke/Earl of Suffolk having died in April. Would he garner any support?

Who does Mary end up with here? Presumably not Louis XII?

Finally, we have Buckingham, over with the army in France and the Howards, still with an army about them.

Does Margaret get the throne, or are we in for a free-for-all?

But after Flodden, say late September.

So we have Margaret as heir, but Scotland isn't necessarily in a position to support her.

However, Catherine is pregnant, with a stillbirth or similar in October/November. Is England averse to pulling a John the Posthumous?

Richard de la Pole is floating around in exile, his elder brother Edmund Duke/Earl of Suffolk having died in April. Would he garner any support?

Who does Mary end up with here? Presumably not Louis XII?

Finally, we have Buckingham, over with the army in France and the Howards, still with an army about them.

Does Margaret get the throne, or are we in for a free-for-all?

If Catherine is known to be pregnant the we have a situation similar to that of France in the early 1300s. I assume Catherine will continue as Regent until her child is born. Male or female it will be the Sovereign, but if it dies early then Margaret would become the rightful Queen. I guess Louis XII might try to support Richard de la Pole, but I would guess he wouldn't have much support. Most of the Yorkist lords are either dead or powerless. Buckingham would be the real threat. If he decides he wants the throne himself, he has a potential army at his back to support him. It depends on whether the army feels more loyalty to Catherine or Buckingham. If Cat has a son, then all problems are solved. As for Mary, if Catherine remains on as Regent she will no doubt marry Emperor Charles. They were originally engaged, and no doubt Catherine would want closer relations with her nephew.

If Catherine is known to be pregnant the we have a situation similar to that of France in the early 1300s. I assume Catherine will continue as Regent until her child is born. Male or female it will be the Sovereign, but if it dies early then Margaret would become the rightful Queen.

If the POD is in late September then Catherine was already expecting a boy (who was born in October, but lived only a few hours). The most likely outcome is that the baby still dies, and so Margaret becomes queen.

Catherine with the support of Wolsey probably remains regent - though during her lying in power is going to rest with Wolsey and that will alienate a lot of people.
Presumably there will be much debate about the succession if Catherine fails to deliver a live child.

Mary Tudor is of course now still at court and umarried and all that stands between her and the throne is the infant in Catherine's womb, her widowed sister Margaret and Margaret's son the King of Scots and the posthumous child she was expecting.

So I suspect the nobles will be flocking around her.

Margaret Tudor is interesting with this date - it is before she ruined her reputation and lost control of Scotland with her impolitic reliance on the Douglas family and her second marriage.
A bigger issue will be whether the Scots will name her regent in accordance with James IV's will if she is likely to become Queen of England.

In which case you are going to have battle royal for control of the young James V and the Scots favouring a pro-french attitude again with the Duke of Albany becoming regent.

So Henry dies, Catherine remains regent until the arrival of a son names Henry who lives and reigns as Henry IX for a few hours.

It is most likely Margaret will succeed but whether she is going to be able to get her son out of Scotland to accompany her south is going to be very interesting.
She will also certainly lose the regency in favour of John Duke of Albany.

If she does get south of the border with James V then the Scots situation is going to be interesting.

Also the question is with no need for the Douglas' her second marriage if there is one could become very interesting. Given her proven fertility and status she is now the most marriageable woman in Europe.

It certainly might delay any marriage for her sister and Margaret is not going to be as forgiving as Henry was if Mary does a runner with Charles Brandon in all the confusion as well she might.

It certainly might delay any marriage for her sister and Margaret is not going to be as forgiving as Henry was if Mary does a runner with Charles Brandon in all the confusion as well she might.

And now I have the scene from The Tudors of Brandon and Buckingham's daughter, replaced with Mary and Margaret walking in on them.

Margaret: [shocked, angry]: What's all this?!

Brandon: [cockily] What it looks like, your Majesty

Most of the Yorkist lords are either dead or powerless.
One fairly major exception: Thomas Howard, the [recent] victor of Flodden, who might see cause to worry if a Queen whom he's just widowed takes the throne...
I could see him potentially switching his support to De la Pole.

A Regency until Catherine gives birth. Catherine goes home and remarries according to her father's will - perhaps even to Louis of France.
English court is torn by factions supporting Margaret's marriage to either Louis of France, the Emperor Maximilian or Charles of Burgundy - most likely she rushes and marries for love.
Would be interesting to see a Queen regnant arrange marriages for her younger sister and son.

One fairly major exception: Thomas Howard, the [recent] victor of Flodden, who might see cause to worry if a Queen whom he's just widowed takes the throne...
I could see him potentially switching his support to De la Pole.

Thomas Howard had been a loyal Yorkist until Bosworth brought down their house, it would be interesting to see what two proven soldiers like Howard and De la Pole could do together. Also in 1514 the French gave Richard control of a large army and Richard came close to launching an invasion until the French pulled the plug at the last minute, so it isn't ASB to believe they would strongly back the White Rose.

Buckingham is probably in a strong position initially, especially if people are as reluctant to accept Margaret and her Scottish son.

When I asked a similar question two years ago support was pretty much split between Buckingham, Richard and Margaret leaving plenty of room for an eventful TL. (https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=9047)