WI FDR dies in 1944?

Let's say that FDR dies a year earlier, in April of 1944, making Henry Wallace president. What are the implications?

On the political side, as controversial as Wallace was, I can't imagine the Democrats refusing to re-nominate him as the wartime incumbent. But might there be a Southern splinter candidacy? And would Tom Dewey win in November? He'd have a strong chance - the 1944 election was relatively close OTL. But perhaps the country would be unwilling to support a third president in under a year while in the middle of WW2.

How would Henry Wallace oversee the war through at least early 1945 or later if he were reelected? Are there any knock-on effects to US military strategy or personnel?

If Wallace doesn't screw up and keeps his domestic beliefs under his belt until after the war he'll win in 1944, if by a smaller margin. Getting nominated will be the tougher challenge.

yeah..
Three way race between Wallace Dewy and Thurmond

Wallace barely wins...
He tries to help the farmers between 44-46 and the unions but most of his work is scrapped due to the red scare

I could Mac Arthur running aganist Wallace in 48 but I dont think he'l win

What happens instead of April 1944, FDR dies in October 1944, Too late for the Democrats to pick a new Candidate? could some states that FDR wins flip to Dewey, and could enough electors on the Democrat side vote for one or more Democrat for president, enough to throw the election into the house?

What happens instead of April 1944, FDR dies in October 1944, Too late for the Democrats to pick a new Candidate? could some states that FDR wins flip to Dewey, and could enough electors on the Democrat side vote for one or more Democrat for president, enough to throw the election into the house?

Dewey's going to win. I presume Democrats would be stuck with Truman that late in the season, and I don't know if he would be able to campaign as effectively as he did in 1948. The stench of machine politics still hung over him at this point.