WI: Elvis doesn't become a lounge singer?

Elvis was definitely religious.
I don't know enough about him to say for sure. Thx.
A thought I've had: how about the role of the police chief in Jaws?
That was so perfect for Roy Scheider, I'd hate to take it away from him.

What would you say to Riggs in "Lethal"? (I wouldn't thrill to Mel losing that, tho, TBH.) Violent, yes, but clearly a good guy. It could also give Elvis the chance to show off his martial arts skills. (IDK how good he was, but he did train.)

One option (& one IDK he'd take): Burt Reynolds' part in "Smokey & the Bandit".

Or maybe Lee Majors' role in "The Agency". (That I'd find unfortunate, 'cause that may be the best thing Majors has done.)

I personally would love to see him squeezed into "The Blues Brothers", if it didn't risk somebody else being pushed out.:eek:

Maybe "Rough Cut" (again replacing Reynolds)? "Xanadu" (replacing Michael Beck)? (Yeah, that wouldn't be his best career move...:rolleyes:)

Smokey and the Bandit would be interesting, to say the least.

The Blues Brothers, too, although you're right, nobody who's in it should be out, and the script is probably lengthy enough as it is.

I haven't seen most of the others you mentioned, so I'd have to take your word for it.

The point is with a better manager Elvis probably wouldn't be so exclusive to Vegas and tour outside the U.S.
True. What I'm after is the effect, less than the cause.

It's also true he could (should) have toured more in the U.S., & done other things, rather than locked himself into Vegas.